“Could not have a better experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Berlin, Maryland, United States
“Could not have a better experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

The Mid-Atlantic Symphony Orchestra has need to provide over night accommodations in Ocean City, MD for 40 to 45 musicians at least 4 times a year. We have contracted with the Paradise Plaza Inn for the past 2 years to provide housing and the musicians are delighted. Upon arrival they feel very welcome, the staff are pleasant and accommodating, their rooms are clean and comfortable and being on the boardwalk is an extra bonus. Having a positive experience and getting a good night's sleep is critically important to enable them to perform at their best and the Paradise Plaza Inn provides just that. Several of the musicians have brought their family and booked some additional days so that they could enjoy and share the Ocean City experience. We are very satisfied and will continue to use this hotel for many seasons to come.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank msopastprez
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for your kind and positive review. We love having the Mid-Atlantic Symphony musicians as they are a great bunch of individuals and interesting to talk to. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to accommodate them while they are on the road. I hope we can continue to be part of this great series that brings this kind of entertainment to the Beach!

Tim Goff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am at Paradise Plaza this week and I highly recommend this hotel. My husband and I have been here three times this year already. They are a terrific value for a beachfront property - very boutiquey, great staff, always clean and comfortable. Can't understand those who rated this less than excellent - even five star hotels, and we travel often, can't match this view.

Room Tip: Always get an oceanfront. For some extra dollars, get a suite where you get ocean, inlet and bay vie...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ellenfrombmore
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation to others! We certainly do appreciate your loyalty to the hotel, visiting us three times this year! Our team also appreciates your acknowledgement of the clean, comfortable rooms and hospitable atmosphere. I am the first to admit we are not perfect and we will make mistakes, we just want to eliminate as many as we can and hear reviews like yours so we know we are on the right track. We look forward to your next visit. Thanks again.

Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

I just got back home from my first stay at Paradise Plaza, I had such a great trip! I didn't expect the room to be as amazing as it was! We had an ocean view and a door that led to a roof deck, which was awesome! We also had a jacuzzi tub, I didn't have time to use it but still! The girls at the front desk were so nice!
I hope I get to come back soon! :) I loved my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
EXCELLENT! Thank you so much for giving us our first opportunity to have you as our guests. We are grateful that you selected the Paradise Plaza and likewise, we hope you get to visit us again soon too. I am glad the front desk staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. Please come back soon.

Rochester, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We were here on a Thursday night as a spontaneous side trip after stopping in Cambridge, MD. Be advised this is still very off-peak and not much was open on the boardwalk. We liked the free and convenient parking. Check in was uneventful. We stayed in room 203 which is oceanview. Loved the view and the location is about midway on the boardwalk. The room itself had plenty of space. We booked through Hotels.com, which stated the room had 2 double beds, but they are in fact queen beds. The room was a little run down (peeling wallpaper, rusted ceiling panel runners in the bathroom, balcony rail and chairs were things you didn't want to touch) and not super clean (hair on the wall of the shower, very dusty around the TV, spots on the faucet and bathroom mirror). We couldn't find the TV remote. Would have liked 2 bars of soap, one for the sink and one for the shower, but there was only one. No fan in the shower and if you turn on the heat lamp, you can't shut it off until it deems it's time is up. The good parts were plenty of towels and comfy bedding. I feel we paid a fair price for the accommodation/location. Our first time in OC.

Room Tip: Second floor was just above the boardwalk. Can imagine that being kind of noisy during peak season...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NYRochTraveler
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. I am personally disappointed that your stay was “just OK” and not what you had hoped for. I do apologize for the inconsistencies and the way you found your room. I am pleased however that you told us what room you were in as I was able to dispatch one of our maintenance employees to that room to address the wallpaper and ceiling tile grates as you indicated. I know what you mean regarding the balcony on that floor as they are different than the rest of the rooms and they do require power washing before the season begins. Unfortunately that has been scheduled in the next few weeks once the weather gets a bit warmer. It appears that needs to be moved up on our priority list. I wish you would have called down to the desk for a TV remote as we would have been able to immediately correct that. Typically we do provide two bars of soap; again it appears that we inadvertently overlooked that. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope these issues don’t deter you from returning.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife and I stayed there for our wedding anniversary. We were there from the 12th to 15th. They were very friendly and always greeted you. The maid service was excellent! The view of the beach was perfect and we was only steps away from stores! This is definitely going to be that place I choose to stay at anytime we are in OC! I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Mfiles91
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Happy Anniversary! Thank you for making us part of your special occasion. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and was hospitable and that your room was prepared and serviced to your liking. I hope you have many more enjoyable anniversaries. Please try and return before your next Anniversary.

Towson, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The staff was so helpful and accommodating when making my reservations; I expected our stay to be on the same level. The room looked great when we arrived, but the beds were very uncomfortable and the room was not cleaned completely after the first night. On the second night the toilet backed up, no maintenance man was onsite and we could not be moved to another room. We were forced to go to the lobby bathroom (a single and without toilet paper!) during the night and in the morning. By morning the maintenance man was about 2 hours later than promised. While he fixed the toilet, he left it filthy and therefore still unusable. The smell alone could kill you! Management was gracious enough to credit our second night, but failed to respond to an email I sent after we arrived home. I would not recommend this hotel, nor will we stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!
4 Thank MackLack7
I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay. There are a number of issues that concern me that certainly requires my attention. You are absolutely right that your stay should be just as pleasurable as when you made your reservation. I don’t know what to say about the beds as we have more reviews stating how comfortable the beds are than uncomfortable. Often times, like many things, bed comfort can vary from person to person. I can understand how uncomfortable and inconvenient it was when your toilet backed up. I would hope that you would agree that accidents like this can happen anywhere, including your own home. These situations are never planned. I will admit though that the tardiness of our maintenance person as well as leaving the bathroom in the manner he did, without calling housekeeping to clean and deodorize the room, is unacceptable. We have addressed the situation. I hope the compensation you received was acceptable. I do apologize that you did not hear from me for a couple of days after you sent me your email but as I explained I was on vacation and answered it just as soon as I returned.

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here in April, 2013 for four nights, our first time at the P.P.I. having found it online. The room (and bathroom) were clean and spacious and had 2 very comfortable queen mattresses and decent quality pillows. Much appreciated!! Nice set up-- microwave & refrigerator included an extra sink which was a bonus and free bottled water daily. We do a lot of traveling since we are retired and found this hotel was the most generous of any we've seen with towels. If you stay in some of the chains, you get just two bath towels. Here we got six bath towels daily, yay!!. Our room had a very lovely partial view of the ocean, from the balcony which I believe all the rooms have. The hotel has a restaurant which we did not visit during our stay. Only a couple minor criticisms - the water pressure in the shower wasn't great for two to shower together (didn't stop us though, it just took longer to rinse off!) and the other thing, - they charged $1.50 daily for use of the safe. At checkout, they removed it when asked. A great place to stay, very reasonable off season rates. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the descriptions at their website are pretty complete
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LT1418330
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad you gave us the opportunity to host you as our guests being this was the first time with us. Naturally, we strive to have all our guest’s experiences as positive as yours and it makes us happy to hear about it when we have succeeded. I do apologize for the water pressure issue. I appreciate you telling me because in the past I have never really heard of any water pressure issues. Typically it would be more hot water issues during a full house but we haven’t had those since we upgraded all of our hot water heaters a year ago. Hopefully it was an isolated incident but we will continue to monitor that. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.