“Good stay”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The room was ready on time. Clean, well stocked - extra pillows, blankets, complimentary water. Housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning between my schedule. Staff helpful & friendly. Check-in & check-out smooth. BTW, this is a perfect location on the boards at O.C. Close to things, but far enough away from the noise & crowds. Pool isn't great, but who cares when you are ocean~front.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bevlit
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am extremely pleased that overall you found the hotel and staff more than acceptable. The location is the best and I realize the pool isn’t “great” but I am so appreciative to hear you say that guests are staying here for the oceanfront and boardwalk location and not choosing the Paradise Plaza because of the pool. Thanks again!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was our third time staying here and it is great! We were originally to move rooms for part of our stay, but the manager Tim went out of his way to find us a room for our entire stay and with jacuzzi! We really like paradise plaza and anticipate staying there for years to come.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank chrisndora00

I am glad we were able to accommodate you and you had a pleasant stay. We do try to go out of our way to make our guests happy but due to “limitations” with arrivals and departures that isn’t always the case and some guests will be disappointed. I can assure all of our guests that we will go out of our way and do our best to accommodate everyone’s needs if at all possible. I am glad we found another long time, return customer. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Great location... Biggest selling point. Some of the rooms are real nice.

But not all. Our room had dirty linens, a used woman's razor and soap in the shower, leaky sink, a lazy housekeeper with a very light hand. A saggy ceiling in both the bathroom and living room. A bed that sank to the middle and giggled like a 1970's waterbed.

Parking is tight, overflow is across the street and down a bit. The pool had junk floating in it the two times we went in.

For the price there are countless other options along the strip. Check them out before you roll the dice in Paradise... Maybe you will get one of the nice rooms. If not remember, use a bath towel around the faucet of the sink or it will leak to the floor.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. You are absolutely, we CAN do better! I am the first to admit that we are not perfect and we will make mistakes. It is not easy cleaning over 2,600 rooms a month during the summer with new and often changing staff. We will miss things. I see from the picture that the razor was left above the shower enclosure. I have pointed that out to our Executive Housekeeper and reiterated that the housekeepers have to look both around the tub and up above. Regarding the sink, I trust that you called the front desk to have maintenance take a look at it so they could correct the problem. It would have been an easy fix and would have only taken minutes. The bed surprises me as most of our reviews regarding beds are extremely positive. I am sure we do have a few that need to be replaced. Yes parking is tight with the overflow across the street, on the corner. As I mentioned previously, we are fortunate that it is that close as most of the hotels at this end of town have their additional lots three or four blocks away. I am sorry about the pool. We do clean and vacuum it daily but unfortunately when it is windy, it will collect “foreign objects”. We do try to stay on top of it the best we can. I am still certain though that the Paradise Plaza offers one of the best price values of any oceanfront hotel in Ocean City.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here at PPI for my second time 8/13 to 8/18 2013. Once again I was extremely pleased with my stay. I was on the 7th floor (room 711) and had a wonderful view of the ocean and the city itself. The balcony was a pleasant surprise as it was an open view with no floor above. I stayed with my 5 year old daughter and we had a wonderful time. The location is great- 9th street and boardwalk. It was nice being able to just run down and grab a bite at the Alaskan Stand which is underneath PPI on the boards. I cannot wait to book another stay here. I may go all out and try to get an actual oceanfront. I talked to a few people that had one and they said the view is spectacular. Definitely recommend this place! I give it an A++

Room Tip: Bring utensils and dishware. Try to get on the 6th, 7th, or 8th floors. The balconies are open with...
1  Thank Ken S

Thank you for all of your favorable comments. I know all of our reviews are a big help to potential guests when trying to make an informed and comfortable decision before booking their vacation or getaway in Ocean City. The staff and I appreciate your recommendation!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is our second summer staying here in the exact same room (honeymoon suite). The hotel is very well kept and clean. The front desk staff is very polite. The parking is pretty jammed and we had to use the overflow lot across the street quite a bit. Wash cloths seemed to be in high demand as the first day we arrived there was none in our room and we had to call front desk twice to recieve some. I was also suprised there are no wine glasses in the rooms and the front desk also didnt have any for us to use. The AC in the room is great. Easy access to boardwalk through the sunsations store. Even with the minor flaws this hotel still ranks high on my list of best boardwalk hotels. I highly reccomend staying here. I would like to note there seems to be an ongoing problem with the roof leaking over the honeymoon suite, we noticed it last year and this year it seems to have gotten worse. All in all you really cant beat the price, location and cleanliness of this hotel. We look forward to staying here next summer.

Room Tip: Although the honeymoon suite is not direct oceanfront it offers two balconies where you can see the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I apologize for the shortage of wash cloths. Unfortunately, during the summer it seems that we can never have enough towels or was cloths as guests are taking multiple showers during the day and sometimes taking towels to the beach so it is difficult to get the dirty linen collected and then get it turned in a matter of hours to replenish all the rooms. It seems we could have dozens more towels and still run out. We do not have wine glasses at the desk and typically would direct a guest to the 9th Street TAPHOUSE restaurant to fulfill those needs. Summer time parking is always “tight” but we do have enough parking for all of our guests. Although our secondary lot is just across the street, we are very fortunate that it is not 3 or 4 blocks away like many of the oceanfront hotels at this end of town. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Waited until the last minute and missed all the mini-week rentals. Called Paradise Plaza on Thursday and got an oceanfront room for Sunday-Tuesday (11-13AUG). Checked in an hour early and the room was ready and CLEAN. Not complaining because again, the room was ready early and CLEAN, but room 208 did have a few small shortcomings. Specifically the direct view of the public restrooms and the carpeted balcony that had seen better days. We had so much fun (me, wife, and soon top be 7 y/o daughter) we asked for and got another night at the same rate (which was a more than fair rate for this type of room/location). We did have to move rooms to room 506 which was another oceanfront, which was also VERY CLEAN, and literally had no shortcomings. View (unobstructed) and balcony (uncarpeted) were AWESOME! Two queen beds and a pullout sofa could have easily handled a family twice our size. This is where the staff comes in. Jenn and Holly couldn't have been more helpful and friendly throughout our stay. They kept us regularly updated during the first two days as to availability for our requested third night and then handled our room switch to perfection. We did not have to check out of 208 at 1100, went for a walk, lunch, and the beach and when we came back, our key was ready and all of our stuff was placed in 506 and waiting for us!!! Worth mentioning that the lovely woman who cleaned 208 during our stay was super friendly as well. Lastly, use the coupons they give you for the Tap House!! We prefer to eat outside when at the beach but the convenience, quality, and price are too hard to beat. We had dinner one day, lunch on another (get the pretzels with Natty Bo cheese dip), and breakfast on the third.

All in all everything was better than expected and we look forward to staying here again soon.

Bob, Cara, and Carol

Room Tip: Higher floor oceanfront.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am thrilled to hear that you all had a great stay and you found everything acceptable and up to your expectations. I certainly understand your disappointment with the one room as it is at the one end of the building that also has a view of the public bathrooms. I do want to let you know that our intention this winter is to replace the carpet on the 2nd floor balconies with an epoxy flooring or tile at the least to address the outdoor carpet issue. Yes, Jenn and Holly are most cordial and welcoming and always have our guest’s best interest in mind. I am glad to hear that you room move was handled without a “hiccup” as ideally we do not like to have to move guests in the middle of a stay but often times that is necessary to accommodate the total number of nights our guests want to stay. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel was very clean, and right on the boardwalk. It is not over the top in decor but has everything you need in a hotel. I messed up our reservation and the manager was so understanding and and worked with me. The rest of the staff was also very friendly--great place at the beach!!

1  Thank Cannonshire
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

I am glad we were able to accommodate you. Being an independent property we are bit more limited as to how often we can renovate our rooms as compared to franchise hotels. Naturally any upgrading or projects we plan have to be completed in the off season. We have been very fortunate to have a busy summer but with that being said, our rooms can take a bit of a beating. It will soon be fall so we will be starting and completing a few projects before next spring arrives. I am also very pleased to hear (and read) that most of our guests are finding our staff very hospitable and welcoming. Thank you for your business.