“Another Great Visit....”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I spent the last two weekends at the Paradise Plaza Inn. Our visit was wonderful as usual. Regardless of who on staff is there to greet us, we always receive the same warm, friendly, and professional service. Our room was ready early and was very fresh and clean. We ate at the hotel's restaurant for the first time and really enjoyed our meals.

We will continue to come back to the Paradise Plaza Inn every time we're in Ocean City.

1  Thank Erin B
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Erin, I am sorry I missed you and your husband the two weekends you were here. I had seen your name on the arrival list and as always was looking forward to seeing you. The staff did remind me later on that they had seen you. I am glad that we continue to provide you with the service and accommodations that you look forward to and expect. I am also pleased that you were able to try the TAPHOUSE upstairs and enjoyed your meal. I know how hard it is to talk your husband out of “Chipotles”. I am sure he still made a stop there during your visit! I look forward to seeing you both on your next visit. Make it soon!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We needed a quick getaway & decided for Oc. Being our first time in November, we were pleasantly surprised! Paradise Plaza is definitely a jewel on the beach. Clean large rooms, friendly staff. Quick check-in (which is always a plus when traveling with children). They provide you with a list of activities going on in the area and directed us to all the restaurant/diner's still open during off season. Had an amazing time. Ready to go back! Thanks Paradise Plaza.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank jeahndz

Thanks for visiting us in the “off-season”! As you just experienced, the fall can be a great time to come to the beach before businesses start to close for the winter. The check in process is always easy and convenient this time of year since we are obviously not as busy as June, July or August. Unfortunately during the summer, our check in time of 4 PM is more typical. We do however try to get guests checked in just as soon as their room(s) becomes available. We do hope you keep us in mind for a future visit, whether it is during the summer or any of the other 9 months that the beach can be just as relaxing. Thank You!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was our first time to Ocean City. We have two small children, so we needed beach access, a view, and a pool. This hotel was priced significantly lower than all of the popular hotel chains, yet one of the only to have a pool. It was directly across from the beach restrooms, which means it had the outdoor shower to rinse off before going back into the hotel. It was located next to a convenience store, on top of a tourist shop, and in the middle of many good places to eat. The pool was clean, not crowded, and a nice option for the kids. The staff was friendly. We ordered from the hotel restaurant and enjoyed our dinners on the balcony. We also appreciated the small kitchen. This is an affordable place that is child friendly. We would definitely stay here again. Make sure you travel later in June after all the high school seniors leave.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for remembering and taking the time to write your review even though it has been June since you last stayed here. As most of the “downtown” hotels are, we too find our property to be extremely family friendly and offer a number of services and conveniences that appeal to all ages. I’m sure having Candy Kitchen and Dairy Queen right on the premises had nothing to do with your two small children enjoying themselves?! We hope that you will keep us in mind for next summer’s vacation and make this an annual event for your kids.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I use Ocean City MD as a quick get away for those times when an escape is needed. Paradise Plaza is perfect! Rooms are large and clean. It is conveniently located in the midst of the action on the boardwalk. Parking is well lit and ample. There are stores on the boardwalk level that provide everything from Dairy Queen to Souvenirs and a Burger place. There is a restaurant/bar attached and although I have not eaten there I have heard good things about it. The room prices are reasonable and are seasonably adjusted. The big savings can be had in the available packages. Staff is friendly and helpful. On a recent stay the only glitch was a flashing light on the phone indicating a message. The light was on upon our arrival. The desk clerk advised us that a new phone system was being installed and apologized. Hardly a big issue! Going to Ocean City is a pleasure, staying at Paradise Plaza enhances that even more.

Room Tip: Marlin and Dolphin suites are awesome! Oceanfront balconies are perfect. The kitchenettes do not com...
2  Thank Stan F

I am glad that you chose the Paradise Plaza for your recent getaway. I see that you commented on many of the advantages and conveniences the hotel and 9th street has to offer. We are certainly one of the BEST locations in town if you want to be close to the inlet and activity. I have always felt that we are one of the best price values any time of the year and we do try to take into account the seasonality of Ocean City and make adjustments accordingly. I do apologize for the flashing light on the phone. If there is no message on the phone it actually kind of serves as a night light which I have heard can be annoying. I do need to clear up what the desk clerk told you. We are not getting a new phone system anytime soon, the one we have works fine and with more and more guests using their cell phones, it is hard to justify spending that kind of money when we have other priorities. It is up to me and my staff to stay on top of any phones that may have a message left on it and clear them out as necessary. We do hope to see you again here soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

It was the first time for my sister and myself to go to Ocean City, MD. We chose the Paradise Plaza Inn after researching internet for it's location, appearance and price. We were very pleased upon arrival. It's convenient too many things which was a big plus. Casino and Assateague Island are not far by car. We would stay there again without hesitation. A lot of places on the board walk were closed due to time of the year. However, the hotel/motel staff were very helpful when we asked for assistance and/or recommendations for places to eat or places to go. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms oceanfront if you want a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie J
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I am pretty sure I remember you two ladies. Especially when you mentioned the casino and Assateague! I am glad that you enjoyed some of the sights; I am just sorry that things weren’t quite as “active” when you were here due to the time of year. You just can’t compare OC in November and in July! As you mentioned, our location is ideal and close to everything so I am sure you got your exercise walking up and down the boardwalk. I am pleased that you found the staff hospitable and informative. We too are looking forward to your next visit. Thanks for choosing the Paradise Plaza!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Another great stay at the Paradise Plaza. Have stayed there twice before and as always the staff is great. I opted with a package this visit as I saw on their web site and couldn't have been happier. A great price value with a room for two nights, dinner and champagne upon arrival. The manager, Tim could not have been any more cordial and willing to spend time with us to answer questions and give his recommendations to various restaurants. The two he gave us, we took advantage of and couldn't have been happier. We plan on returning for NYE!

Room Tip: We think oceanfront is the only way to go.
1  Thank Lisa T
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I am thrilled to hear that you took advantage of one of our packages. I think they are a great price value. I am even happier that you were pleased with my restaurant recommendations. I am sometimes hesitant about recommending certain places as I know everyone’s tastes are different and the things I like are often not what others find appealing. I do try to include my experiences with those of other guests. It sounds like it worked in your case. I am glad I could be of help. We can’t wait till NYE!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Pleasant & professional staff.

Oceanfront rooms are located immediately over the boardwalk. Lights on the balconies stay on all night - - thankfully, the blackout curtains are solid & don't permit light to enter the room.

Food at the restaurant was good; breakfast in particular. Good selection of beers at the bar.

Room was average size (room 507, oceanfront). Could be cleaner - - specifically, the grout around the jacuzzi tub / shower was black-brown-dirty.

Check-in was easy. Plenty of parking in lot at hotel.

Basically, a typical OCMD beach hotel. Don't have huge expectations & you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Oceanfront will let you see the waves from room 507, but I would think that the noise from the board...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fawlcon

Thank you for your review. Yes, unfortunately the patios do not have individual light switches for the balcony lights. I guess when the hotel was designed, the architects thought it was more aesthetically pleasing to have the outdoor lights stay on the entire night and go on and off together. Thankfully the blackout drapes served their purpose. Glad you enjoyed the TAPHOUSE. I hope you took advantage of the $10.00 credit vouchers that we offer when it is open. I apologize for the grout situation. I am not saying that this was the case but I do know that we have some Jacuzzi rooms that have brown grout since it does match the tile better. I hope that this was the case in this situation but nonetheless, I will check it out since you gave us the room number. That makes it much easier to track down. Hopefully the pleasantry and professionalism of the staff helped make up for some of the shortfalls you encountered. I do hope that you will plan on a return visit soon.