“uncaring hotel management”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Overall the trip was ok with a few minor problems, lights in bathroom would not shut off,loud noise when heat came on, etc. However, when i checked out i forget my flask which was in the kitchen cabinet. My wife called when we arrived home and informed the front desk off the problem and was told they would check it out and call back. Next day, no call, she called again and asked to talk to the manager. Same story, no call. My wife called again and asked to talk to the manager, Gigi, and was told they would check to see if it was there. Next day, again no call. My wife called again and was told nothing was there. I know for a fact that it was there and someone took my flask. This problem could have been handled a lot differently had someone cared. Apparently no one does !

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank howard j
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

First and foremost let me correct you and assure you that we DO care about all of our guests and any issues they may have while we are hosting their visit. I am sorry that you had a few issues while staying with us. I hope you called down to the desk regarding the lights in the bathroom that wouldn’t turn off. It is not the first time this has happened as it is a timer that sometimes gets stuck yet it can easily be fixed and corrected by our maintenance department. Some of our HVAC units will make noises when “kicking” on and we do try to replace those units, if necessary, when it is brought to our attention. The flask! I discussed the issue with my assistant, who you had talked to. It was explained to you that during this time of year as we start to gear up for the season, we have a number of new housekeepers that are only working weekends and nothing had been found at the time of your call. You were also told that it was necessary to talk to the housekeeper that actually cleaned the room and that she might not be back until the following weekend, on her next scheduled shift. Due to this, there was no reason to call you daily without any new information. It is not uncommon that we receive a number of calls about lost and found items from guests that insist something was left in their room only to find out days or even weeks later that the guest calls back to apologize because someone else in the family had picked up the item. You also must keep in mind that hotels are not responsible for lost and found items left behind or not locked up in the in-room safe. Hallelujah, 6 days later upon the return of the housekeeper, the flask was found and returned to its rightful owner.

Tim Goff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We will never book a room there again.Upon entering room my husband noticed there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. When asked they said none of the rooms have them due to renovation. My husband got sick. We were supposed to have a private balcony but we were on 2nd floor had to share with others. First morning there our room wasn't serviced by the maids . had to call 3 times to get it cleaned. They used a powerful cleaner that almost knocked you out when you entered the room. Couldn't sleep well cause of a loud heating unit. I woke up every time it kicked on. Which was about once per half hour. I seen dirty air ducts that was spreading dirt across the celling. You couldn't sit and watch tv because it couldn't be moved it could only be watched from the one bed. No comforters on beds like in the pictures just a lot of sheets .Oh not to mention we had a hard time finding a parking space in their small parking lot. also got a dinge in my car door from someone there cause of the small spaces. I will not recommend this hotel or stay there again. Also when we were getting ready to check out another customer was trying to get into our room. They gave it to someone else before we were even checked out checkout is at 11am and this was like 8 am Its way at the bottom of my list very dissatisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Candy M
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

I am sorry to read about your recent stay at the hotel and how disappointed you were. I have worked at a number of hotels in Ocean City and surrounding areas that all have the same type of bathroom exhaust system that we have here. True it may not be the most practical or efficient and it is unlike what most people are familiar with and have at home. The system consists of large fans on the roof of the building that draw the air and moisture out of the bathroom; eliminating any noise from a motor/fan running in the bathroom itself. The employee that explained that to you was correct in telling you that none of the bathrooms have them. I am sorry that your husband got sick from the lack of a bathroom exhaust fan? I’m sorry you ended up on the 2nd floor where we are completely resurfacing the patios with an epoxy coating. I have tried to apologize for any inconvenience by posting on the slider patio door an explanation that when completed they will look great and be much more comfortable. It was a project that many of our previous guests expressed would be a nice upgrade. We listened to them and are trying to make improvements that everyone will benefit from. Unfortunately, it was necessary to take the side railings down while the work was being completed. Typically they are “private”, just not in this case when the work was being done. I am not sure why your room wasn’t serviced and am sorry it took three calls to get it taken care of. After reading your review, I did inspect the room regarding the TV not being able to swivel. I had no problem with that but do realize that there are two beds in that room and the TV would have to be properly situated in order to view it from both beds. I am not sure what picture you were looking at but after upgrading our bed linens, our beds no longer have bulky comforters. Like most hotels, we converted to triple sheeting; so you now have a fitted sheet and a top sheet, then the filled comforter with a third sheet on top of that. This way everything is washed after each guest’s stay, eliminating dirty or soiled comforters. There is no question that this could appear as “lots of sheets”. We were sold out the weekend you were here; nonetheless we have sufficient parking for all of our guests with a secondary lot across the street and literally a stone’s throw from the front of the hotel. Most hotels in Ocean City have secondary lots, with the majority of them two or three blocks away from the main building and across Coastal Highway and six lanes of traffic. I get a kick out of people complaining about walking a half of block to park their car yet they don’t think twice (or complain) about walking 10 or 12 blocks to get their Thrasher’s fries or funnel cake! The “ding” in your car; that could have happened anywhere, any time and any place. I did talk to the assistant manager that you discussed the fan issue with as well as other employees that were on duty while you were here. Despite all of problems you brought to our attention in your review, the fan issue was the only one you made us aware of during your stay. We do try to address and correct any and all problems someone might have while being our guest; however in order to correct them we do need to be made aware of the issues, rather than learning about them days later upon reading a review. Fortunately Ocean City has a wide selection of hotel accommodations and at price ranges that will meet most people's budget.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great for guys weekend , Bar on site ,Ocean view ,courteous staff.Bar Pickels near by, centrally located, check out coupon book , we ate at Johnny Pizza for 39$ and got Two pizzas ,18 wings and two big fries

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Glad that you had such a great golfers/guy weekend! There is no question that during the month of March there are a number of “good” deals when it comes to eating out. A lot of 2 for 1 special’s and inexpensive meals. Hope you enjoyed our own TAPHOUSE on site. Please keep us in mind for your next golf getaway or beach vacation.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Paradise for a weekend getaway with family and many friends. The hotel was great and the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping to bar/restaurant were absolutely fantastic and made our stay perfect. It is so very nice to have a rest/bar in the hotel what a great perk. We parked our car and didnt have to drive to get anywhere since we were directly on the boardwalk and beach. Can't wait to go back when the weather is a little warmer so we can utilize the outsde pool and beach. Thanks to the staff once again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank debra c
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great time and look forward to a return visit. I think everyone is looking forward to warmer weather so they can enjoy the beach and our great location to the fullest. I am especially pleased that you found the staff friendly and accommodating! We do pride ourselves in having one of the friendliest staff’s in Ocean City.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed stay very much. The hotel was very clean and the staff was great and very helpful. I would recommend staying here. Great location on the boardwalk and walking distance to a lot of places. One of the best stays I have had at ocean city.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your recommendation to other potential guests looking for a reasonable, clean hotel with a great location! Please keep us in mind for a return visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed the second weekend of March 2014 for my 3rd time, and like the last two times, I was very happy with my stay. I finally got an ocean front which was well worth the money. The staff is always very friendly. I am hoping to stay here again this summer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ken S
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank your taking the time to share your stay with others. The staff and I thank you for being such a loyal and repeat customer. I am glad you were finally able to experience an oceanfront room as they ARE well worth it. It is like a balcony room on a cruise ship, much different than a stateroom with a port hole that you can see a little bit of the water. Once you experience it, you don’t want to settle for anything less. There is nothing like sitting and relaxing on the balcony with a cup of coffee or “people watching”. Glad the staff made you feel welcome and hopefully they too convinced you to return this summer.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Excellent room at an excellent price.Very large room.Good in house restaurant and bar.Oceanfront doesn't get much better.Good people at the front desk.Walked out of the hotel onto the boardwalk which gave us plenty of options for things to do.Thanks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rodney d
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you staying with us. I’m glad that you found the property a good price value and the restaurant enjoyable. You’re right, our oceanfront location, the views and the convenience to walk out on the boardwalk from the hotel is tough to beat. For those that are considering our property, visit our Web site and check out our Web cam. That is your view from your oceanfront room balcony.