“A Very Nice Start To Spring”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked 2 rooms here to have a weekend away with my daughters and my girlfriend. The girls were on the 7th floor, in a side room that had the partial ocean view, and we were in a Marlin Suite on the 6th floor with the ocean view and a huge side balcony. We were all very happy. The rooms were clean and made up fresh each day.

My daughters wished there was a DVD player for the TV, but that is something many hotels do not have, and they had their laptops to watch something anyway. They did have a problem with the fridge freezing things (room 709) but they never mentioned it until we were driving home so nobody had a chance to correct that for them. Their room had all tile on the floor, which if I had been there I can say I would not have liked myself, but I do not know if that is something you can state a preference for or not. The girls really liked the bath and body works lotion that was here instead of the normal generic stuff you find in a hotel too.

Our room was a nice suite with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the other room. (room 602) Unlike the girls, our room was carpeted, which I liked MUCH better, and it was far better for our 1 yr old that was crawling around too. Definitely something I would state a preference for in the future if it is an option, and maybe something folks might want to ask about if they do have a preference.

Our suite had a very nice jacuzzi tub, which was clean, worked well and was nice and comfortable. We used it both nights of our stay and had no complaints there, good way to end the day. They had some bath salts for the tub, but I would say it would have been nice to have some sort of bubble bath instead. Just a personal preference though, and probably something I should have thought to pack myself in the first place.

I would have liked a better mattress, and I had to roll over a few times in the night because I found my side getting sore, but this is something I have trouble with on MANY beds in hotels. I am probably just a bit picky when it comes to a mattress. Nobody else mentioned a problem with their beds, so I'm thinking it was just me there. If they had an option for a king size bed instead of 2 queens I would have liked that too, but it was not a choice.

I was VERY pleased with their service. This was an anniversary for us and I had asked for some rose petals on the bed and some chocolate wine (she likes sweet stuff) and they were happy to help me out. When we checked in they had made a heart with the rose petals which was perfect and she loved it!

As some mentioned, the parking lot IS small, and when we were there they had a construction trailer parked across 3 of the spaces too (which I would think should have been in that overflow lot they have instead honestly). I have a suburban, and parking was tough with it trying to get into and out of a spot, but since I had 2 rooms and each gets a parking space, I just resorted to parking at an angle across two spots and that solved my issue anyway.

I did have a problem with my phone flashing a red light constantly, as if there was a message. I tried to answer messages, but there were none and that did not fix it. I called the front desk and they said they were working on upgrading the phones...not the best answer, but it was easily solved by just unplugging the phone altogether so I didn't have the red light flashing all night long.

They offer $10 coupons for the restaurant on the 2nd floor for each day of your stay which was a very nice addition since they do not have their own food. Unfortunately, that place had a very small "Spring Menu" that made it not worth eating there even for the $20 off the meal I could get, but that is not the fault of the hotel and I have reviewed that on their own listing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

First and foremost, Happy Anniversary and for selecting the Paradise Plaza Inn to spend your special occasion. Thank you for taking the time to highlight as many features of the hotel as you did and being so positive. I do apologize for the construction trailer in the parking lot. Unfortunately we had to have some unexpected work done at the hotel, which was impossible to predict and naturally it happened to fall during a busy weekend. I hope you plan a future visit and possibly make the Paradise Plaza Inn a preferred anniversary location.

Tim Goff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in Ocean City, MD especially with such a great rate. 4-star quality rooms and services with a price that is of a 2-star hotel. If you want a great bargain, this is the place to go.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words. As I have responded to previous reviews I have always thought and continue to do so that the Paradise Plaza Inn IS one of the best price values in Ocean City for an oceanfront hotel with an outstanding location. I admit that we are not the newest or the “glitziest” but we offer clean rooms and a friendly, hospitable staff.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was given great service throughout my whole stay. I would like to thank Gigi and Jennifer for great customer service and being very friendly every time I stay. They are always making sure I'm taken care of and all my request are met to the fullest. I can say that this is one of the best hotels and management in ocean city MD. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you from me (and them) for praising the staff and specifically the two individuals you mentioned. Although I feel all of our staff is exceptional, GiGi and Jenn certainly go out of their way on a daily basis to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. We certainly hope to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and i have been spending our vacations at the Paradise now for over 6 years. We have never had a bad room, plenty of a/c or heat, plenty of blankets, nice clean comforters on the beds, housekeeping staff wonderful, never heard anyone speak a nasty word, never been treated badly. We have always had a wonderful time with wonderful awesome people. Tim, Gigi, Denise, Jen, Angie and and the rest of the staff are gracious, kind and caring and considerate . They will all work with you to accommodate all of your concerns. One year we put a jinx on our room, the tv was fuzzy, less than 30 minutes we had a new Flat screen. the fridge wasn't getting that cold and they brought a brand new one, I then knocked a small corner of the coffee table off and Gigi asked me if I was trying to take a piece of Paradise with me. I have Never and I mean never ever seen or heard any disrespect of any guests. Can't wait to go back in May, can't wait to see everyone, can't wait, Love love love the Paradise and all you wonderful girls and guys that work to please.

Room Tip: No Room at the Paradise is a bad room, they all have a great view of the Ocean and the Bay, Awesome...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Herkykal

Thank you very much for sharing such positive thoughts and your experience at the Paradise Plaza Inn. Naturally, we always think that we go out of our way to please everyone and accommodate them the best we can, so when we receive a negative review indicating otherwise, it bothers the entire staff and they take it to heart. Thank you for being such a loyal repeat customer!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Overall the trip was ok with a few minor problems, lights in bathroom would not shut off,loud noise when heat came on, etc. However, when i checked out i forget my flask which was in the kitchen cabinet. My wife called when we arrived home and informed the front desk off the problem and was told they would check it out and call back. Next day, no call, she called again and asked to talk to the manager. Same story, no call. My wife called again and asked to talk to the manager, Gigi, and was told they would check to see if it was there. Next day, again no call. My wife called again and was told nothing was there. I know for a fact that it was there and someone took my flask. This problem could have been handled a lot differently had someone cared. Apparently no one does !

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank howard j
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

First and foremost let me correct you and assure you that we DO care about all of our guests and any issues they may have while we are hosting their visit. I am sorry that you had a few issues while staying with us. I hope you called down to the desk regarding the lights in the bathroom that wouldn’t turn off. It is not the first time this has happened as it is a timer that sometimes gets stuck yet it can easily be fixed and corrected by our maintenance department. Some of our HVAC units will make noises when “kicking” on and we do try to replace those units, if necessary, when it is brought to our attention. The flask! I discussed the issue with my assistant, who you had talked to. It was explained to you that during this time of year as we start to gear up for the season, we have a number of new housekeepers that are only working weekends and nothing had been found at the time of your call. You were also told that it was necessary to talk to the housekeeper that actually cleaned the room and that she might not be back until the following weekend, on her next scheduled shift. Due to this, there was no reason to call you daily without any new information. It is not uncommon that we receive a number of calls about lost and found items from guests that insist something was left in their room only to find out days or even weeks later that the guest calls back to apologize because someone else in the family had picked up the item. You also must keep in mind that hotels are not responsible for lost and found items left behind or not locked up in the in-room safe. Hallelujah, 6 days later upon the return of the housekeeper, the flask was found and returned to its rightful owner.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We will never book a room there again.Upon entering room my husband noticed there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. When asked they said none of the rooms have them due to renovation. My husband got sick. We were supposed to have a private balcony but we were on 2nd floor had to share with others. First morning there our room wasn't serviced by the maids . had to call 3 times to get it cleaned. They used a powerful cleaner that almost knocked you out when you entered the room. Couldn't sleep well cause of a loud heating unit. I woke up every time it kicked on. Which was about once per half hour. I seen dirty air ducts that was spreading dirt across the celling. You couldn't sit and watch tv because it couldn't be moved it could only be watched from the one bed. No comforters on beds like in the pictures just a lot of sheets .Oh not to mention we had a hard time finding a parking space in their small parking lot. also got a dinge in my car door from someone there cause of the small spaces. I will not recommend this hotel or stay there again. Also when we were getting ready to check out another customer was trying to get into our room. They gave it to someone else before we were even checked out checkout is at 11am and this was like 8 am Its way at the bottom of my list very dissatisfied !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Candy M
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

I am sorry to read about your recent stay at the hotel and how disappointed you were. I have worked at a number of hotels in Ocean City and surrounding areas that all have the same type of bathroom exhaust system that we have here. True it may not be the most practical or efficient and it is unlike what most people are familiar with and have at home. The system consists of large fans on the roof of the building that draw the air and moisture out of the bathroom; eliminating any noise from a motor/fan running in the bathroom itself. The employee that explained that to you was correct in telling you that none of the bathrooms have them. I am sorry that your husband got sick from the lack of a bathroom exhaust fan? I’m sorry you ended up on the 2nd floor where we are completely resurfacing the patios with an epoxy coating. I have tried to apologize for any inconvenience by posting on the slider patio door an explanation that when completed they will look great and be much more comfortable. It was a project that many of our previous guests expressed would be a nice upgrade. We listened to them and are trying to make improvements that everyone will benefit from. Unfortunately, it was necessary to take the side railings down while the work was being completed. Typically they are “private”, just not in this case when the work was being done. I am not sure why your room wasn’t serviced and am sorry it took three calls to get it taken care of. After reading your review, I did inspect the room regarding the TV not being able to swivel. I had no problem with that but do realize that there are two beds in that room and the TV would have to be properly situated in order to view it from both beds. I am not sure what picture you were looking at but after upgrading our bed linens, our beds no longer have bulky comforters. Like most hotels, we converted to triple sheeting; so you now have a fitted sheet and a top sheet, then the filled comforter with a third sheet on top of that. This way everything is washed after each guest’s stay, eliminating dirty or soiled comforters. There is no question that this could appear as “lots of sheets”. We were sold out the weekend you were here; nonetheless we have sufficient parking for all of our guests with a secondary lot across the street and literally a stone’s throw from the front of the hotel. Most hotels in Ocean City have secondary lots, with the majority of them two or three blocks away from the main building and across Coastal Highway and six lanes of traffic. I get a kick out of people complaining about walking a half of block to park their car yet they don’t think twice (or complain) about walking 10 or 12 blocks to get their Thrasher’s fries or funnel cake! The “ding” in your car; that could have happened anywhere, any time and any place. I did talk to the assistant manager that you discussed the fan issue with as well as other employees that were on duty while you were here. Despite all of problems you brought to our attention in your review, the fan issue was the only one you made us aware of during your stay. We do try to address and correct any and all problems someone might have while being our guest; however in order to correct them we do need to be made aware of the issues, rather than learning about them days later upon reading a review. Fortunately Ocean City has a wide selection of hotel accommodations and at price ranges that will meet most people's budget.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great for guys weekend , Bar on site ,Ocean view ,courteous staff.Bar Pickels near by, centrally located, check out coupon book , we ate at Johnny Pizza for 39$ and got Two pizzas ,18 wings and two big fries

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Glad that you had such a great golfers/guy weekend! There is no question that during the month of March there are a number of “good” deals when it comes to eating out. A lot of 2 for 1 special’s and inexpensive meals. Hope you enjoyed our own TAPHOUSE on site. Please keep us in mind for your next golf getaway or beach vacation.