I booked 2 rooms here to have a weekend away with my daughters and my girlfriend. The girls were on the 7th floor, in a side room that had the partial ocean view, and we were in a Marlin Suite on the 6th floor with the ocean view and a huge side balcony. We were all very happy. The rooms were clean and made up fresh each day.
My daughters wished there was a DVD player for the TV, but that is something many hotels do not have, and they had their laptops to watch something anyway. They did have a problem with the fridge freezing things (room 709) but they never mentioned it until we were driving home so nobody had a chance to correct that for them. Their room had all tile on the floor, which if I had been there I can say I would not have liked myself, but I do not know if that is something you can state a preference for or not. The girls really liked the bath and body works lotion that was here instead of the normal generic stuff you find in a hotel too.
Our room was a nice suite with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the other room. (room 602) Unlike the girls, our room was carpeted, which I liked MUCH better, and it was far better for our 1 yr old that was crawling around too. Definitely something I would state a preference for in the future if it is an option, and maybe something folks might want to ask about if they do have a preference.
Our suite had a very nice jacuzzi tub, which was clean, worked well and was nice and comfortable. We used it both nights of our stay and had no complaints there, good way to end the day. They had some bath salts for the tub, but I would say it would have been nice to have some sort of bubble bath instead. Just a personal preference though, and probably something I should have thought to pack myself in the first place.
I would have liked a better mattress, and I had to roll over a few times in the night because I found my side getting sore, but this is something I have trouble with on MANY beds in hotels. I am probably just a bit picky when it comes to a mattress. Nobody else mentioned a problem with their beds, so I'm thinking it was just me there. If they had an option for a king size bed instead of 2 queens I would have liked that too, but it was not a choice.
I was VERY pleased with their service. This was an anniversary for us and I had asked for some rose petals on the bed and some chocolate wine (she likes sweet stuff) and they were happy to help me out. When we checked in they had made a heart with the rose petals which was perfect and she loved it!
As some mentioned, the parking lot IS small, and when we were there they had a construction trailer parked across 3 of the spaces too (which I would think should have been in that overflow lot they have instead honestly). I have a suburban, and parking was tough with it trying to get into and out of a spot, but since I had 2 rooms and each gets a parking space, I just resorted to parking at an angle across two spots and that solved my issue anyway.
I did have a problem with my phone flashing a red light constantly, as if there was a message. I tried to answer messages, but there were none and that did not fix it. I called the front desk and they said they were working on upgrading the phones...not the best answer, but it was easily solved by just unplugging the phone altogether so I didn't have the red light flashing all night long.
They offer $10 coupons for the restaurant on the 2nd floor for each day of your stay which was a very nice addition since they do not have their own food. Unfortunately, that place had a very small "Spring Menu" that made it not worth eating there even for the $20 off the meal I could get, but that is not the fault of the hotel and I have reviewed that on their own listing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most ideal and premium located hotels in Ocean City. Sitting on the Boardwalk with a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. Souvenirs, shops, burgers, ice cream and candy, all located on property! Grab the boardwalk tram or the city bus located on both sides of the hotel. An outdoor swimming pool, an in house restaurant and a customer friendly staff. Park your car and experience the entire beach resort by foot. It can't get any more convenient. From your private balcony, enjoy the sounds and smells of the ocean from the water, seagulls, suntan lotions and the food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Plaza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Plaza Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Paradise Plaza Hotel Ocean City
- Paradise Plaza Ocean City Md