“Galgocy2014” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Galgocy2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great Hotel - We had a beach front room with an awesome view. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable and most importantly the bathrooms were clean. They gave us 2 bottles of water everyday and the bathrobes were a nice touch. Not much ore I could ask for!!! The only down side to the hotel was the pool - it was on the small side and only 3-4 feet deep. My son loves to swim in the deep ends so he somewhat disappointed. In the same token, we were right on the beach with the whole ocean in front of us so really we just sat at the pool for a little while after spending the day at the beach. I would definately stay here again.

Rooms
1 Thank Lynn G
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your business and giving us the opportunity to host your family during you recent visit. Sorry about the pool situation but unfortunately there isn’t much we can do. We would love to have a larger pool but obviously oceanfront space is precious and the hotel was designed so that guests would have the spectacular view from their guest room. As you mentioned, most people are coming to OC for the ocean and beach but I will agree that a pool is also a nice amenity to have.

Tim Goff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Follansbee, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our vacation ended on July 26, 2014. For the first time in years, I wanted it to continue.
We stayed at the Paradise Plaza hotel. Located on 9th and Boardwalk, we were centered
in the heart of the boardwalk action. The room was clean, fresh and updated. Daily maid service was exceptional. When the deck doors closed, the boardwalk noises were silenced. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a safe, clean affordable hotel, look no further.
The carnival is ten blocks away. Food and shops are in the downstairs of the hotel. Try it out.

Room Tip: Ocean front on the boardwalk. Around the third floor to see activities and people on the boardwalk.
1 Thank 143Barb
Thank you for sharing your comments with other potential guests and recommending the hotel. You definitely mentioned many of our features; excellent location, competent and friendly staff, clean rooms and one of the best price values in town. Thank you!

Muncy, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friends and I visited Ocean City, MD from July 20-23. We had plans to stay at another hotel, but before we could reserve, that hotel was booked solid. Paradise Plaza Inn was next on the list; however, it should've been at the top since I started planning this trip. The staff was super helpful and friendly, the room was comfortable and spacious, and I swear the balcony was bigger than the room itself. We stayed in Room 810, an Ocean (Partial) View room with 2 Queen Bed and a Sleeper Sofa. We didn't expect the tub in the restroom to be a jacuzzi tub nor did we use it for anything but taking regular showers, but it was definitely a plus to know it was there. The complimentary bottles of water were nice and the bathrobes were also a plus. The fridge served its purpose and the cabinet space was ample. The only few things that upset me about the hotel were the Wi-Fi, but when talking to the "tech guy" he said that they are working on upgrading the system. Another thing was that I was unaware that the hotel offered a discount to AAA members, because when booking on their website, you're not given the option to select that. Hotel discounts are one of the biggest reasons I keep my AAA membership active. Besides that, I was thoroughly pleased with the hotel and I am planning to visit again next year with the same friends plus one more and stay in the Marlin Suite. I'm really looking forward to it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side offer a stunning view of the ocean, the city, and the bay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gregory M
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
What a nice review, thank you! I apologize for the Wi-Fi service. We are indeed addressing this issue of the slow speed and will be getting it corrected. As you probably realize as I now know, in this day and age with ever changing technology, a family of four, all with multiple devices from laptops, iPad, smart phones, streaming, downloading, etc. it is putting a MAJOR drain on the service we currently have. This is not specific to the Paradise Plaza but to ALL hotels. Talking to industry leaders in this field, you will no doubt be seeing a switch (soon) to free Wi-Fi for basic service but for those that want to stream movies, download music and/or videos, they will soon be able to do that but for a minimal daily fee. This will offer guests a free basic service without being tied up with a slow, drained connection and faster speeds and downloads for those that have to have it, but at a cost.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Scott and Jenn were OUTSTANDING. We asked Scott to help us with our dinning needs and he DELIVERED. He was professional and a joy he was so happy to help and we were thrilled with his knowledge. Jenn took great care of us and helped us to make this second trip just as nice as the first. We booked a bit late and had to move to a different room but it was worth it and would do it again. This is our second visit and will continue to use this hotel when traveling to Ocean City. JENN AND SCOTT thank you so much for making this so easy for us. Well done.

Room Tip: Always get oceanfront because the view is GREAT. The higher you go the less noise from the boardwalk...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ravens21014
I am thrilled that you met Jenn and Scott and they came through for you. I have no doubt that any of our front desk staff would have done the same. Thank you for your return visit and hope you continue to give us the opportunity to host your stay(s) while visiting Ocean City.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Spent the weekend at Paradise Plaza, and it was a nice stay. Everyone was pleasant and greeted us with smiles. We got there a little early and they held our bags for us while we went to get lunch. The room was large, smelled fresh, and was very clean with crisp sheets and towels and well vacuumed. The king bed was nice and comfortable. As other reviewers have said, it is a little dated, and a few minor things were noted (our bathroom was missing the large heat lamp bulb so you could see into the dusty ceiling box, the fan did not work), but overall it was a fine room and I feel a good value for the location in the middle of July. They even had nice cotton robes in a large, open closet area. As other reviews noted, we did get the room with the broken latch on the balcony door, but there is a sturdy, fold down safety bar to prevent the door being opened. It seems like others had not noticed this, so I thought I should mention it. The location on the boardwalk was great. Tim personally greeted us and was very hospitable. Is it the Ritz? No, but it's certainly not a moldly, dank beach motel either, and there are plenty of those in Ocean City. I think it's a fine place with a lot of potential, and the staff were all very kind. I didn't get a chance to try the pool but there were plenty of people there looking like they were enjoying it. The large walk out balcony with lounge chairs meant that, even though you can see your neighbors, you can also look out over the ocean, even from a side balcony room. What a view! I will absolutely come back.

3 Thank T J
Thank you for your review. We are very aware of the balcony door latches and how they have been worn from the salty ocean air. That is why we have installed the security bars behind the curtains to provide the security of a locked door. It has been an issue finding the necessary replacement parts for the patio doors but we are addressing it and hopefully this winter we will concentrate on that project of getting the ones that need replacing; fixed in order for our guests to feel a bit more secure. Thank you for mentioning the other areas and for your positive comments.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Paradise Plaza for 5 days over Memorial Day and I have nothing but positive things to say about our stay. Staff were all fabulous and extremely friendly. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and very clean. Great location right on the boardwalk. We walked to practically everything. Coupons for TapHouse Bar and Grill was another added perk that made our stay Very nice. Plan to return soon.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are fabulous.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori H
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The staff and I certainly appreciate it.

Cherry Valley, Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My family and I (4 of us in total) stayed in room 317 which had a bedroom, a living area, small kitchen area, bathroom and two balconies. The balconies were awesome, one getting sun in the morning and the other in the afternoon. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The location could not have been better, right in the middle of the boardwalk so you could walk everywhere. The beach was literally a stones throw away. The only problem I had was with the service at the restaurant but everyone has a bad day I guess. We look forward to returning and would recommend the Paradise Plaza to anyone.

Room Tip: Highly recommend room 317, great view with two balconies.
      Location
2 Thank EllersRestaurant
I am glad to hear that you and your family were pleased with most everything during your recent stay. It sounds like you had mostly sunny days while you were here and were able to enjoy that from the comfort of your balconies! I am sorry about the service in the TAPHOUSE, I will certainly share your disappointment with the restaurant manager and I have no doubt that he will pass that along to his staff. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Although it is leased out and we don’t have any control over them, they are certainly open to any comments that our guests share with us. We look forward to your return visit.