“Fantastic”

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #8 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This place is unbelievable for the money! Myself and my family stayed on the 8th floor the last week in July and the experience was so beyond what we expected. First you couldn't ask for a better location, second you couldn't ask for a better staff. Double kudos to Scott and Lana at the front desk who are so helpful. Third they give you 16percent off when you stay again. Will def be back!! Loved this place!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank cyndib1110
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
I am glad that you were pleasantly surprised with your experience. Thank you for acknowledging Lana and Scott, although I’m sure you would have found all of our staff is equally hospitable. I may be biased but there is no doubt in my mind that we ARE the best price value of any oceanfront hotel with such an outstanding location!

Tim Goff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Overall I was pretty happy with my choice in hotels. It was a struggle because when searching for one I was afraid that staying on the boardwalk and being so close to the end of the boardwalk at 9th street may mean a dumpy hotel but it wasn't. We arrived an hour earlier then the check in time but were able to check in early which was perfect. I thought it was awesome that they gave you a card for $10 bucks for each day to the 9th Street Tap Bar below. The pool area was ok. Not what I expected but the weather was super sunny anyway so we didn't spend much time there. The only complaints were: My sheets definitely weren't changed everyday. When we arrived my son noticed a small stain on the white sheets and then on the cover throw they put on the bed. And everyday the same stain was there so they kind of annoyed me. Also the lock on our balcony door was broken aka non-existent. Alls we had to lock it was a small bar that kind of lodged it shut. I was glad that I got the partial view of the ocean & the balcony was a nice size but the chairs were dirty looking and the carpets on the balconies were gross. All in all I would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Go with the partial Ocean view. It seemed like the rooms that had the full ocean view had smaller ba...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jess L
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with others. I am glad that overall you liked the hotel and you were able to check you in prior to the posted check in time. I do apologize for the issue regarding your sheets. It is our practice that sheets are changed daily unless the guest requests otherwise. This is unacceptable and if you had mentioned it to us we would have taken care of it immediately. Don’t get me wrong, it shouldn’t have happened in the first place and it is NOT up to you to bring it to our attention. We should have caught that. I have mentioned in previous responses about the sliding door locks. The salt air has been brutal on the locks and they have tended to rust over the years. Although we are replacing them, we have added the security bar behind the drapes to provide an additional locking device. Only a few of the partial view rooms that are higher up have carpet on the balcony. Unfortunately it is so busy in the summer that we can’t get to those balconies to clean the carpet until the “off season”. We are aware that they need to be addressed and it is on our project list for this year. I do hope you plan a return visit.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My July 2014 stay was pleasant and at a great location on the Boardwalk (at 9th). Above the Alaska Stand and just a block from a Thrasher's Fries location. Could not get into my OF room until right at check in time at 4:00 PM. The free Wi-Fi was slow, but understand it is being upgraded. Plenty of shops, restaurants (fast food and fine dining), bars and other attractions within walking distance. Room was clean and cool and OF view was great.

Room Tip: Go Ocean Front and corner if available.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob C
Thank you for staying with us this summer. I do apologize for the Wi-Fi for being slow and yes it is true that we are in the process of upgrading the system. Technology is changing so fast that it is necessary to upgrade the equipment every couple of years and it has been two since we last did that. We are very fortunate to have such an ideal location which it sounds like you were able to enjoy.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was exceptional and we loved being right on the boardwalk. Loved that the room was clean, we got extra extra towels and water everyday. For the price, I don't think you can beat this hotel. If I had to complain about anything, it would be the parking situation. There are two lots but the main lot is always full, with people even making their own parking places making it near impossible to maneuver around. The pool is small but we were so close to the ocean, we never even thought about getting in the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tim G, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
I understand that the parking isn’t the most ideal (even though our secondary lot is only across the street) but what many guests don’t realize or understand our parking is far better than most hotels in Ocean City. Other hotels have parking that is literally blocks away and they charge to boot! We will do whatever we can, not to charge for parking although some guests have suggested that we offer paid parking in front of the hotel just so they would be guaranteed a spot close to the hotel just so they wouldn't have to walk the extra 50 yards, if that much.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My friends and I were looking for a nice, affordable hotel that would be convenient to restaurants, nightlife, the boardwalk and the beach. We were very hesitant on arrival having read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. However, those reviews were in stark contrast to our experience. Yes, the pool is in the parking lot, but you're steps from the beach, go there! The lobby is on the small side, but is very clean and manned by very polite, accommodating staff members. The elevators are not the fastest, but we never waited more than a minute even at check in/out time. Our room was large and clean and the beds were very comfortable. We could have used more outlets and mirrors, but when four adult women travel together, this is bound to happen!! The location is perfect, the hotel has all the necessary amenities, the staff is helpful and friendly, the price is right! This is definitely the best bargain on the boardwalk! We are already planning next year's trip!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gail P
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad to hear that the hotel fit your needs and was perfect for your trip! I couldn’t agree with you more with everything you said.

Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had an oceanfront room with a roof top deck. You could see many views from this deck. The ocean, the bay, the boards, great fireworks on the beach. Our room was good sized. The sheets, were wonderful. Oue cleaning staff, as well as the front desk staff was great!!

I'm not sure how long this hotel has been there. The place needs some updating and there were some things that needed fixing. I hope they can take some of the money that they are making and put it back in the hotel to update it and fix the things that need to be fixed.

This truly is a great place to stay and the location is wonderful. And because the parking is alittle bad, I would suggest putting numbers on the parking spots. Say the room numbers would do.

Over all I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a ocean front for great views of everything.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sprintgirl51
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your room. Yes the rooms on the 8th floor do have a great panoramic view of the ocean, bay, boards and the beach! Yes, the hotel is 16 years old and I couldn’t agree with you more that there are areas that can use some TLC. As you probably know, the fall, winter and spring is when we do our projects to address these issues. Hopefully we can get through them before the next season starts. I do keep reiterating to my boss the importance of maintaining and updating the furnishings and physical property. Although we have enough parking spaces for all of our registered rooms, we have considered your suggestion of numbering the parking spaces with room numbers but even then someone will not be happy if their room number is in one of the spots furthest from the hotel. Again, our secondary lot is only across the street when many of our competitor’s parking lots are two to three blocks away and across Coastal Highway! I’m glad to hear that you will hopefully become one of our many “returning guests”.

Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great Hotel - We had a beach front room with an awesome view. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable and most importantly the bathrooms were clean. They gave us 2 bottles of water everyday and the bathrobes were a nice touch. Not much ore I could ask for!!! The only down side to the hotel was the pool - it was on the small side and only 3-4 feet deep. My son loves to swim in the deep ends so he somewhat disappointed. In the same token, we were right on the beach with the whole ocean in front of us so really we just sat at the pool for a little while after spending the day at the beach. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn G
Thank you for your business and giving us the opportunity to host your family during you recent visit. Sorry about the pool situation but unfortunately there isn’t much we can do. We would love to have a larger pool but obviously oceanfront space is precious and the hotel was designed so that guests would have the spectacular view from their guest room. As you mentioned, most people are coming to OC for the ocean and beach but I will agree that a pool is also a nice amenity to have.