True to my 2013 review, when we returned to Ocean City this year, we returned to Paradise Plaza Inn. And glad we did. To repeat my praise from my previous review, the location is great. This year we opted for an ocean front jacuzzi room and were quite pleased. As promised, the old bulky TV had been replaced by a nice LG flat screen. Also, the dirty carpet had been replaced by a tile floor, a very nice touch. No traces of smoke anywhere. Parking in the main lot is limited and tight, but the overflow lot is half a block away with plenty of space. In fact, we opted to park there all the time, even if the main lot had room.
Biggest complaint - the internet service. Yes it's free, but it is HORRIBLE. Plain and simple. This is one area they did not improve over last year, but they really need to fix this. Nearly impossible to pull anything up - weather, restaurant reviews, attraction schedules - nothing.
Other than that, just some little annoyances. First day, housekeeping came into the room without knocking. Said they were checking to see if there were 2 robes in the room. We told them there was only 1 and they said they would bring another one back. We asked them to bring some toothpaste and they said they would, but they never returned with either the 2nd robe or the toothpaste. Also, the jacuzzi tub was VERY slippery - getting in, getting out, even just moving around to shower. Need to put something in those tubs to protect people.
All in all it was a good stay. While we may not necessarily go back again next year (especially if they don't upgrade the internet service), this hotel will certainly stay near the top of our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most ideal and premium located hotels in Ocean City. Sitting on the Boardwalk with a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. Souvenirs, shops, burgers, ice cream and candy, all located on property! Grab the boardwalk tram or the city bus located on both sides of the hotel. An outdoor swimming pool, an in house restaurant and a customer friendly staff. Park your car and experience the entire beach resort by foot. It can't get any more convenient. From your private balcony, enjoy the sounds and smells of the ocean from the water, seagulls, suntan lotions and the food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Paradise Plaza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Plaza Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Paradise Plaza Hotel Ocean City
- Paradise Plaza Ocean City Md