Paradise Plaza Inn
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$155
US$178
US$161
ClarionHotels
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$172
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$143
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$430
US$176
US$166
Comfort Inn Gold Coast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$110
Gateway Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$177
1,080 results
All reviewstaphouse restaurantmarlin suiteocean frontmain lotbottled watercandy kitchenjacuzzi tubtile floorspartial ocean viewoceanfront roomoff seasonbar and grillmemorial dayrooms are largetwo queen bedsmini fridgesenior week
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here last year and all was well. We booked a week long stay for this year and was very disappointed. This stay was part business and part pleasue. They do not give preferred pricing to returning guests as advertised on their website, they do not reserve a specific floor or room for you even though we booked 4 months in advance. You basically get what they have. They did not provide internet access for the whole week we were there, but kept saying it was being fixed. A few employees said it was down for months. They tell you it will be fixed in a day or so, but they really are assuming that you are only going to be there for a day or so, not an entire week. Given that some employees said the internet was down for months, this could probably be a sign that this hotel is not paying its bills. They let us use the conference room on the 3rd floor for internet access, which was a different floor than where we were staying. The internet connection we did get appeared to be from a neighboring hotel. One night while trying to check my business email, the conference room was open and we were told we could not have access to it because the owner had some guests coming in that night. I saw mattresses on the floor and it appeared the guests may be sleeping on floor mattresses. After seeing this, we did not feel very safe in this hotel anymore. I was truly expecting a police raid, or immigration raid to occur at any moment.

Bottom line "DON"T STAY HERE". If they go bankrupt, you can get in line with all the other creditors if you want your deposits/payments back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank rdduncan
paradiseplaza, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2010

I certainly do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your most recent stay. After being here for only three months I certainly do appreciate the feedback we receive from guests both good and bad. I am not sure why you did not receive our "return guest rate" because it is one of our biggest discounts and the most requested. All of our staff are well aware of this discount and almost always ask the guest upon making a reservation or at check in if they have stayed with us before. I am sorry that it was not offered to you. Unfortunately regardless of when a reservation is made, specific room numbers and/or floors are never guaranteed but they can be requested. We always try our best to accommodate guest requests but some things are beyond our control such as A/C/heating or plumbing issues and even guests not checking out of their room on the day they originally specified. The wireless Internet issue also concerns me because we had just installed an entirely new system and equipment in early August. I am glad to see that the staff tried to accommodate you by letting you use the meeting room. Unfortunately we only have one, I am sorry it was not on the same floor as your room. It doesn't surprise me that the meeting room was a bit messy as we often use it for a storage room or a staging area when we are remodeling the hotel and switching out furniture, mattresses, drapes, etc. We would never allow or be allowed to let guests sleep in this meeting room. I can assure you that the hotel is not going bankrupt and we have been fortunate to have the same owner ever since we opened 12 years ago. We do appreciate your business and since you have stayed with us more than once (with a better experience), I do hope that you will give us another chance to correct our mistakes. We are constantly making changes in order to satisfy all of our guests.

Thanks for your comments

Reviewed 20 September 2010

Have stayed here many times and is a great place. We like to have an ocean front room so we can leave slider door open and hear the ocean at night. This year I requeted a 4th or 5th floor room and was told they don't assign rooms in advance. On arrival we were placed in room 203, right behind a candy store sign and all we heard was the humming noise all night long from the sign. Very DISAPPOINTED I liked to thisk we pay hgood money for an ocean front room and should be able to request a room location. We are returning guest year after year and should be given that option. Other than that place was clean, staff very friendly and couldn't ask for a better location. Will return next year again and hope we can request which location of a room we want.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flip1967
paradiseplaza, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2010

Thank you so much for passing along your experience not only to the staff and management of the hotel but also the public as well. We appreciate your comments. I certainly do understand the stress reliever of leaving your slider door open just to hear the ocean, sea gulls and other soothing sounds and beach smells that we all go to the ocean for! Unfortunately I also understand the disappointment you must have felt when getting a room that happened to NOT be what you were expecting or wanting. Yes it is difficult for any hotel to guarantee a particular room number, floor or room type. There are just too many variables that we as a hotel have no control over so all we can really do is make notations in a reservation of a guests request and then it IS up to us to do the best we can to accommodate those requests. Fortunately we do not have but a couple of rooms that might have a sign off of the patio. We also have our hands tied at times because we have so many room types and if a guest "request" a certain room type we may only have a couple of rooms in that category. When that is the case, we are very limited when having to move a guest. We may be sold out of that exact room type or the hotel in general may be sold out which doesn't give us any options and only leaves that one room with the sign in front of it. The convenience of our location of being on the boardwalk and oceanfront does give us some obstacles at times. I do appreciate your comments as it does appear and sounds like that you understand the situation form the hotel's standpoint. We do look forward to your return and when you DO call to rebook a room, please alert the reservation or front desk staff member to any special requests that you may have and we WILL do our best to accommodate them. Thank you for your return patronage!

With Hospitality,

Reviewed 8 September 2010

My dad,brother and I decided to take a family mini vaca the weekend after thanksgiving last year and chose Paradise to stay at. The name is right on! Although not many people stay in OC during the off season,and we were maybe 3 of 15 staying at the hotel,the service was amazing! Very polite staff and friendly service! They made sure to tell us what was open still for restaurants and even where we could snag a great deal on bike rentals. The room was huge and had a bayside and an oceanfront balcony. Amazing rate for the weekend! We're already planning out next after thanksgiving trip and that's where we'll stay!

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank fyrnice21

That is great that you have included us in your mini family vacation! We do appreciate your choice of hotels, as everyone knows there are a lot to choose from. We do hope that you will continue to keep the Paradise Plaza in your minds as well as part of your family vacation for years to come. Thank you for your business.

With Hospitality,

The General Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2010

I am late submitting this review but the hotel was so great that I wanted to make sure that I put a review in. We ACTUALLY STAYED AT THIS HOTEL IN AUGUST 2006...not 2009. We had had reservations at the then "being newly remodeled" Breakers. When they did not finish their remodel in time I had to find something else w/less than 2 wks notice. I called this hotel since they were close to where other family was staying on the Boardwalk. They had an opening, gave me a multi-night discount that came out cheaper than what the other hotel would have been. The room was considered Oceanside and we had a small balcony that was great. We could still see the ocean. The room had a small kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, microwave. It came in very handy...we went out and bought stuff to make lunches with to save $$ and had a nice area to fix everything. The bathroom was spacious. The room had plenty of space and the beds were very comfy. MY BIGGEST ISSUE WITH THIS ROOM/HOTEL WAS THAT WHEN WE RETURNED HOME **NOTHING** SMELLED LIKE HOTEL SMELL..if you know what I mean. I don't know their secret but I was truly amazed. The pool was not all that inviting. It was located in the corner of the parking lot. It was OK but not great. They gave you complimentary bottles of water each day and also had the big terry cloth robes to use. The housekeeping staff was very friendly always smiling & speaking to us as we came & went. As stated, we stayed there in 2006. I do not know if it has changed drastically since then as I have not had the occasion to have to stay there again. But from my stay and experience, I would highly reccommend it!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyn60
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We had a great stay at the Paradise Plaza Inn. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and well taken care of by a wonderful housekeeper. The room was more than we expected. The location was ideal, especially with two small children. The bottled water was an excellent touch. My family would definitely stay again & we will be telling our friends about this inn. Great job.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family