“not great, yet not awful”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. It was fine for a short visit, but I would not stay here for any longer than that. This hotel will not allow you to check in any earlier than 4PM, even though they clearly have rooms available. Housekeeping also begins service around 8:30AM, which stinks when you're trying to sleep in. The walls were very thin and there is very low water pressure in the shower. The room itself was clean, bed was comfortable, and we had plenty of towels.

1  Thank TravelJ14

Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at the hotel from 7/19-7/21. We were greated by very helpful staff. The room looked just like the picture. Very Clean. We had 5 in the room and requested extra towels. The towels were there when we got back from dinner.

The TV needed to updated so my kids could play on their game system and a stronger Wi-Fi signal.

I willl come back again.

1  Thank beach115
Reviewed 21 July 2011

There is no excuse for how run down this hotel is. In our room, part of the wallpaper was coming off, the bathroom door was splintered and the top layer of wood was off at parts, there were cigarette holes in the blanket, stains on the rug, the bathroom vent was caked with dirt, and the TV cords were taped to the back of the unit and barely staying in because there was a gaping hole. Overall, there is no excuse for a hotel with the amount of business they do not to stay up to date or take care of obvious problems. I specifically asked the hotel staff before I made my reservations if this hotels was up to date and read to her some of the negative comments that were left on the Internet. She assured me the comments were not accurate and the rooms looked just like the pictures on the Internet. The rooms looked nothing like the pictures. You get what you pay for here.

2  Thank Packa123
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We chose this hotel because it was a last minute decision to go to Ocean City and it was the only one available. Now, I usually stick to my traveling rule #1 and that is if the description says it’s a landmark and it doesn’t include any recent hotel renovations, expect old. Since I was anxious to go I decided to take a chance. The one photo of a room look passable but there’s definitely a reason why you can’t find too many of this hotel. The lobby [or what they call a lobby] has a run-down sofa and chairs set up that looks like an old doctor’s office. The room smelt like old wet carpet, the back of the bathroom door was peeling, no iron or ironing board, and it was just very raunchy. Don’t need to say too much more than this building needs to be torn down and built back up. This owner is making way too much money for this building to look like this. We paid $300 per night for something that looks like an old trucker's quick stop. If it’s the landmark of Ocean City, keep it top notch so that it shows as a classic to visitors and not as the overly priced freak hotel. I enjoyed Ocean City but not this stay. However, the girls at the front desk displayed good customer service.

I didn't even go to the 8th floor to check on the Skyline Bar I was so irritated. It may be the best thing going for this hotel.

2  Thank relax-a-fun
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We had a great time at the Fenwick Inn. The staff and the room was killer. We will for sure be back again!

Room Tip: Plan your trip in advance especially around 4th of July week, Ocean City is extremely busy.
1  Thank johnnylynch
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I arrived in ocean city on july 3rd for a short visit to the beach. I inquired at the fenwick inn on room availaiblity and was told that they were cleaning two rooms, which was a surprise at 9pm, but who was I to question it. I filled out a check in card at their request and was told that my room would be ready in 20 minutes and that they would call me on my cell phone. So I proceeded up to their 8th floor bar to have a drink while the room was being prepped. after about 30 minutes i decided to go down to the front desk to inquire about my room. Once the employee saw me that promised me the room, he disappeared into the back and sent out a woman who then told me that they had sold the room and they tried to call me on my cell phone. My phone had full signal and it never was called by them. When I asked to speak to the young gentleman, I was told that he left for his other job, even though I saw him on premises.

Very unprofessional behavior from this resort hotel, which I could see was being run like a sh@# house. Maybe it was better that I did not stay there. It's just the fact that I was lied to and should not have been promised a room.

Once again, buyer beware, hotels like this one should not be patronized at all!!!!!!!!

2  Thank domracer
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My family and I stayed at the Fenwick for 4th of July weekend, as there were no vacancies at the nicer hotels. The entire building needs to be renovated and thoroughly cleaned..from the carpets to the furniture. We had a double bed room for 2 nights and my husband and I tossed and turned the ENTIRE night, you could literally feel every spring in the mattress, it was horrible. Our kids wanted to swim so I took them down and almost gagged as I looked around, it looked like there was mold along the walls and corners, the area around the pool looked dirty as if it was never cleaned, the plants that were there were even dead or dying, no fresh air circulations whatsoever...it felt disgusting even sitting there, and I wouldn't even get in the water. Let me tell you, I will never stay at the Fenwick Inn again...and I don't know what people are used to and how this received any positive reviews, but in my opinion, I couldn't get home fast enough!!!

Room Tip: Read the reviews!!! Pictures are deceiving
2  Thank futureceo2007