“Mold Mold Mold!”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #23 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel in June 2010. The room was big and the front desk staff were helpful. The room and the entire hotel, however, wreaked of mold, To confirm our suspicions, we noticed some of the wallpaper was peeling back from the wall - guess what we saw? Lots of black mold. Blech!

I wouldn't stay here again unless they gutted the whole thing down to its studs and rebuilt it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anniewilm

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had written a while back, I thouht the Fenwick was a good bargain. It has since been sold. Both my S/O and I feel it has gone progressively downhill. Actually, it is boardline seedy. The rooms were not kept very clean; bathroom floor was very dirty with hair in the corners; mold growing along the caulking.

Both of us woke up the the first morning with bug bites all over our body. We checked for bed bugs, but did not see any sign of them fortunately! The rooms no longer have hair dryers which isn't a big deal, but it was nice.

Internet connection is still iffy but they did have it fixed (again), after the first day. Upstairs bar no longer has the fun happy hours on Friday night with roast beef sandwiches and it's dead as a doornail now.

It is definitely in need of a major overhaul and the sooner the better.

After many years of staying here, we'll definitely be seeking alternative hotels for our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Aquapat
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. It was fine for a short visit, but I would not stay here for any longer than that. This hotel will not allow you to check in any earlier than 4PM, even though they clearly have rooms available. Housekeeping also begins service around 8:30AM, which stinks when you're trying to sleep in. The walls were very thin and there is very low water pressure in the shower. The room itself was clean, bed was comfortable, and we had plenty of towels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelJ14
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stayed at the hotel from 7/19-7/21. We were greated by very helpful staff. The room looked just like the picture. Very Clean. We had 5 in the room and requested extra towels. The towels were there when we got back from dinner.

The TV needed to updated so my kids could play on their game system and a stronger Wi-Fi signal.

I willl come back again.

1  Thank beach115
Reviewed 21 July 2011

There is no excuse for how run down this hotel is. In our room, part of the wallpaper was coming off, the bathroom door was splintered and the top layer of wood was off at parts, there were cigarette holes in the blanket, stains on the rug, the bathroom vent was caked with dirt, and the TV cords were taped to the back of the unit and barely staying in because there was a gaping hole. Overall, there is no excuse for a hotel with the amount of business they do not to stay up to date or take care of obvious problems. I specifically asked the hotel staff before I made my reservations if this hotels was up to date and read to her some of the negative comments that were left on the Internet. She assured me the comments were not accurate and the rooms looked just like the pictures on the Internet. The rooms looked nothing like the pictures. You get what you pay for here.

2  Thank Packa123
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We chose this hotel because it was a last minute decision to go to Ocean City and it was the only one available. Now, I usually stick to my traveling rule #1 and that is if the description says it’s a landmark and it doesn’t include any recent hotel renovations, expect old. Since I was anxious to go I decided to take a chance. The one photo of a room look passable but there’s definitely a reason why you can’t find too many of this hotel. The lobby [or what they call a lobby] has a run-down sofa and chairs set up that looks like an old doctor’s office. The room smelt like old wet carpet, the back of the bathroom door was peeling, no iron or ironing board, and it was just very raunchy. Don’t need to say too much more than this building needs to be torn down and built back up. This owner is making way too much money for this building to look like this. We paid $300 per night for something that looks like an old trucker's quick stop. If it’s the landmark of Ocean City, keep it top notch so that it shows as a classic to visitors and not as the overly priced freak hotel. I enjoyed Ocean City but not this stay. However, the girls at the front desk displayed good customer service.

I didn't even go to the 8th floor to check on the Skyline Bar I was so irritated. It may be the best thing going for this hotel.

2  Thank relax-a-fun
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We had a great time at the Fenwick Inn. The staff and the room was killer. We will for sure be back again!

Room Tip: Plan your trip in advance especially around 4th of July week, Ocean City is extremely busy.