“Get a room on the 5th floor and all will be well”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #22 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This hotel is in the process of being refurbished. Get a room on the 5th or 6th floor and you'll be happy. It's not the Ritz Carlton but it's clean, it's a great location for the beach (great fun pitch and putt ext door). Room was big. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom clean, worked well, lots of towells. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank JN40

Reviewed 10 August 2011

I usually try and stay in a hotel in the Choice Hotel chain so that I can earn points for future free stays. However, finding a room for 1 night at the end of July under $300 was almost impossible. Luckily, I was able to find the Fenwick Inn for $189 + tax. Wow, what a deal...even the front desk staff was surprised the rate was so low. ( I booked through the Ocean City website).

At check in, the woman at the front desk was very friendly (forget her name now though). She said that she had a room available but it was on the 7th floor, just below the restaurant and asked us if that would be alright. (I suppose this would be bothersome to families with children). No problem for us though, as we just needed a place to sleep & shower.

As I said, we were only in the room to sleep, but it was a nice, clean room. Some of these reviews are very negative when they really shouldn't be! Our bed was clean, our sheets/pillowcases/floor/bathroom/sink/tub everything was clean. I also liked that they had enough parking for everyone. There is parking in both the front and the back.

We went up to the restaurant for some late night drinks. There were only a few other people in there, but it was fine and the drinks were reasonably priced. I have eaten dinner there previously, but they have since changed the name/owner? It was delicious when we ate there the first time, and I'm sure it still is.

It is only a block+ from the beach, and you do have to cross Coastal Highway to get to it.
There is an indoor pool, but I didn't get a chance to look at it, so can't help there.

Oh yeah, and the beds were pretty comfortable...I slept great!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcraig10
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was really worried reading some of the reviews but the price was right so we took a chance - glad we did.

The hotel is a typical older beach hotel but it really worked for my family (2 adults / 2 kids). It is one short block to a beautiful beach and close to many restauants/ activities.

Our room was a double/ double...good size and I was happy because it was very clean. The beds were nice, linens fine and the bathroom was very basic but clean and that matter the most to me.
Front desk staff very friendly and helpful we had a problem with internet connection (due to our computers settings) the desk staff walked me through it.

Bar/ restaurant on the top floor were fine - nothing fancy but they had very cheap breakfast specials that were good (nice pancakes - good Bloody Mary's.

Pool / Hot Tub was good but the pool was too warm...but great after a day at the beach.

Overall we would go back .

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MBK1
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed on the fourth floor and when the guest on the fifth floor flushed their toilet we heard the water going down the pipe through the walls. We could hear the kids in the next room talking. The carpet in the room we stayed in need to be replaced, the couch was torn. I stayed in less expensive hotels and the room was better than this one, It was not worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank may634
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed in this hotel in June 2010. The room was big and the front desk staff were helpful. The room and the entire hotel, however, wreaked of mold, To confirm our suspicions, we noticed some of the wallpaper was peeling back from the wall - guess what we saw? Lots of black mold. Blech!

I wouldn't stay here again unless they gutted the whole thing down to its studs and rebuilt it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anniewilm
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had written a while back, I thouht the Fenwick was a good bargain. It has since been sold. Both my S/O and I feel it has gone progressively downhill. Actually, it is boardline seedy. The rooms were not kept very clean; bathroom floor was very dirty with hair in the corners; mold growing along the caulking.

Both of us woke up the the first morning with bug bites all over our body. We checked for bed bugs, but did not see any sign of them fortunately! The rooms no longer have hair dryers which isn't a big deal, but it was nice.

Internet connection is still iffy but they did have it fixed (again), after the first day. Upstairs bar no longer has the fun happy hours on Friday night with roast beef sandwiches and it's dead as a doornail now.

It is definitely in need of a major overhaul and the sooner the better.

After many years of staying here, we'll definitely be seeking alternative hotels for our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Aquapat
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in July. It was fine for a short visit, but I would not stay here for any longer than that. This hotel will not allow you to check in any earlier than 4PM, even though they clearly have rooms available. Housekeeping also begins service around 8:30AM, which stinks when you're trying to sleep in. The walls were very thin and there is very low water pressure in the shower. The room itself was clean, bed was comfortable, and we had plenty of towels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple