Fenwick Inn
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$75
Comfort Inn Boardwalk(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$115
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$145
US$131
US$82
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$69
Hilton Suites Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$233
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$162
Paradise Plaza Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$101
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$220
Travelocity
All reviewsrooftop restaurantpool and hot tubtop floorroom was cleanoff seasonfront desk staffshort walk to the beachplenty of parkingnice staymini golfoc360delawareoceansummer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2008

Just returned from a one night stay, July 26th, at the Fenwick Inn in Ocean City. We checked in at 6:30 pm; there was no line at the check-in counter and we went straight through to our room. Elevators took a very long time. Once the elevator doors opened, some people came out with cigarettes in their mouths. My husband and I had to sit in a cloud of smoke while we rode up to our floor. Surprising that the hotel staff did not enforce the non smoking laws in their elevators and their hallways. You could smell smoke everywhere even though we were on a non smoking floor. As we were walking to our room, I could hear loud music playing in people's rooms, people were dancing in the hallway, and teenagers were just chilling and hanging out by the elevators the WHOLE length of our stay. On the surface the room itself looks decent. If you take a step closer, you can see wallpaper falling off, even though the hotel staff claims they "just replaced the wallpaper and carpet in recent years" when I asked about it. The bathroom had mold in the corners, but overall, it's what's to be expected in a cheaper Ocean City Maryland hotel. What I didn't expect was a two inch gap at the bottom of my door so that I could hear all of the music and loud laughing and chatter and screaming until 1:30 a.m. in the hallway. I didn't expect to get harassed by the teenagers hanging out by the elevators the whole length of our stay. I was also surprised to discover there are no street lights in the back parking lot. So be careful parking there at night if you are a woman and you are alone. It is not safe. It is extremely dark. I was also surprised that the Fenwick Inn did not put a bill under my door in the morning for express check outs. Overall, for Ocean City, it was a very mediocre hotel. I've seen much worse at that beach. So for the price that it offers, and that it doesn't require more than a one night stay (like most hotels in OC do) it does it's job. Just don't go into it with high expectations.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Travel2007
Reviewed 5 July 2008

For the last 5 years, our family has stayed at the Fenwick Inn for vacation. This will be our last year.

The rooms are in such terrible shape! First, our ceiling was peeling and there was stains that looked like mold. These stains were in the room and in the bathroom. Second, there was blood or vomit stains on both of the beds box springs. They could have easily been covered up by a dust ruffle but I guess The Fenwick is so cheap they would rather their guests see all of the stains. Third, the bathrooms are disgusting! No recent updates in the past 10-20 years ( I guess)! The floor was dirty and there was hair on the walls. Toilet did not flush properly. You had to flush it 3 times for anything to go down. Lastly, don't even go into the pool. I wouldn't even allow my dog to swim in it.

The only good things about the Fenwick is the price and how close it is to the beach. That is about it.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Micheller0405
Reviewed 2 July 2008

Waiting for the 4:00 pm check in is horrible. They make you wait till the the clock strikes 4 on the dot. Then the mad rush to get to your room begins. SO expect to wait !.

For the price that 's paid to stay in this place. A cheap continental Breakfast ( pastries ) would reduce the pressure on the wallet , for other things. Bobby flay need not be there to prepare a meal.

The Bathtubs don't seem to empty out fast enough?. Can we get a bottle of drano at check in.

The pool area is great for familes. But ?, does the filter system work? All the time I was there I could swear that it wasn't on?

The roof top place to eat, pricy. A discount price should be offered to hotel guest.

Now, for good eats just walk across the street to LEO'S and you won't be dissapointed on any meal.

Nothing can be great. But overall this place was nice. I will stay again, BUT, I will follow some of the pointers in my own review.

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank jeshua1
Reviewed 2 June 2008

My husband and I and another couple went to Ocean City over Memorial day Weekend. I have to say the room was not worth the money. The paint/texture of the ceiling was peeling and falling down. The bathtub was so stopped up that after 5 min of having the shower turned on, there were 5 inches of water in the tub. The tissue box in the bathroom was empty and wasn't filled until our last day there. Sunday brunch is a joke - the selection is not good enough for the amount of money that it costs. The only good thing they had was the bacon. I couldn't even get toast - all they had were dry biscuits. Overall, we were very disappointed. We will go back to Ocean City, but will never stay in that hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank grmnchk
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I stayed @ the Fenwick Inn over Memorial weekend and it was a nice stay. I had not been there for over 5 yrs or longer but I thought the place was not bad @ all. I had read the reviews on here and I have to say some people must be pretty picky or just expect too much from the hotel. It is a old hotel but for the price($79/night) I paid it was a great deal. The room was not bad and yes some minor stains on the carpet but in general very clean. I do have a 5 yr old daughter so I am somewhat picky but found the room to be clean and spacious. The indoor pool was great and my daughter had a blast. I did not venture up to the rooftop restuarant but will recommend it since I have eaten @ it before and the view is very nice.
SO, AS A PARENT I WILL RECOMMEND THE FENWICK INN IN TERMS OF GREAT PRICE, CLEANINESS, NICE POOL FOR KIDS, AND OVERALL GOOD EXPERIENCE.
P.S.: THE FRONT DESK WAS VERY FRIENDLY.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family