“Great place ”

Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Elkton, Maryland
“Great place ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stay all the time. Love the location nit in the thick of the traffic but still close. Rooms are nice everytime we go. Stayed several times and wont stay anywhere else when we r down there. Staff is welcoming and pool is great

The boccetti's

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
New Castle, DE
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our room was comfortable. We had a king size bed with sofa. The hotel is in need of some renovations. There is a bar and restaurant on the top floor but it was too crowded to get in the bar so we just walked next door to a nice sports bar.

Room Tip: Choose a middle floor so it is not too close to the bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 293barbaram
Perryville, Maryland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I hover between an Average and Very Good rating for this property.
I give POOR for the Front desk people. They were not friendly AT ALL. They did what needed to be done, nothing more. Not much smiling, no welcoming people or saying hello, not much interaction other than the check-in, check-out process . . .like robots. I asked if there was a place to rinse off before entering the pool from the beach. I was sent outside, with a finger point. . .after walking around most of the building, it was located in one of the car bays where a guest was parked. Strange. Never once was I told that there was a hose for rinsing off right inside the pool area!
Area around the pool was very slippery too. I saw quite a few people almost fall. Myself included. But it was nice to have the indoor option when it rained - although super crowded. The hot tub was plenty hot but too many kids. Not the hotels fault.
I was pleasantly surprised when seeing the rooms. They've been updated since I stayed here a few years ago. Very clean. Comfortable double beds, very comfy bedding and pillows too. Air conditioning worked GREAT the whole time. HOWEVER, there is one plug in the whole room and you have to unplug the TV or the light to use it. Not very convenient with all the electronic devices this day and age. There was one in the bathroom as well.
Housekeeping was fine. Plenty of towels. Very friendly.
Rooftop restaurant was good. Yummy drinks, we all liked our food - server was super nice. Not sure why they didn't have the outside area setup for guests, unless you requested it. The weather was gorgeous! Then if you did ask, you had to wait until they went and set something up. We had breakfast as well. It was fine. Took forever to arrive but whatever. We were not told about kids eating FREE with a paying adult. I read it online on their website, that's how I knew. I asked about it and then I was given the Kids Menu that was to be ordered off of in order for it to be free. Nice selection and portion after all though. A little perk for guests that should be advertised more in my opinion.
Elevators were super fast. Lobby was clean. Nice little snack eating area downstairs.
The bus stops right in front of the hotel so you can leave your car, not have to pay for parking when heading to the inlet or wherever. Ride all day for $3 per person.
The Beach is right across the street - 1 block and you're there so the location is great for that too. Didn't miss being on the boardwalk at all AND we saved a bunch of money staying there.
Overall good. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mamaofsean
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This was my 3rd AND LAST trip to the Fenwick Inn with family. I did not make the reservation or I would have protested at the door. My daughter paid $139. per night and our bathroom door was peeling a quarter of the way up from the floor. I finally protested when I found out what she had paid because I thought she must to have gotten a terrific rate or something and they offered me a second room. This door was peeling half way up from the floor. I consider these "beach bum rooms". I have never in 64 years stayed at a place like this. Next year I will be making the reservations!!! Pitiful, ridiculous and if you check online still rooms allegedly available. I wonder why?

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank nornie7

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we went in july 2013 the room was in good shape but not enough electric plugs to plug in my electronics.The beach was one block away. I rate this hotel as 3 star, if you want to stay somewhere else with better rating then do so. The bus stopped right in front of hotel,so we didn't have to pay for parking downtown to go to the boardwalk.When booked this hotel I got 190$ in dining vouchers which saved a lot since only microwave and frig was only in room.The staff was very friendly gave us fresh towels everyday.The only thing is the indoor pool was crowded and ppl didn't care about the mess they left behind.I checked the room for cleaniness is was okay .

Room Tip: higher you better the rooms but less wifi signal you get
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed at the Fenwick twice, and I loved it! The hotel staff is accommodating. They allow pets too! They have an indoor jacuzzi and pool, which was great in December! The roof top restaurant and bar were great when it rained. My friends and I came back for a few drinks after some bars stopped serving alcohol at midnight. This is perfect for a weekend with your significant other. I highly suggest their rooms with the comfortable king size bed.

Room Tip: King size bed with a mini fridge!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was our first visit to Ocean City in nearly 20 years. I have to say that must have been the last the last time the Fenwick Inn was upgraded if ever. The hallway to the room had the smell of burning electrical components probably from the compressor in the ice machine on top of a musty order from a lack of proper ventilation. The room also smelled of mold and when we started the air condition unit it had the the order of a gym locker room. The window over looking Ocean Highway was so covered with a salt crust that it was barely translucent and all we could distinguish was if was night or day. But the best part was the rear lobby entrance was next to a parking bay used as a trash storage area (see photo) and BTW the furniture you see in the photo is the same in the rooms. Don't waste your hard earned money here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family