“terrible”
Review of Fenwick Inn

Fenwick Inn
Ranked #23 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 4 May 2009

terrible; terrible; terrible - very dirty; staff unprofessional; food stinks; stay in a tent and you will get better quality

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank mole11

Reviewed 30 April 2009

This hotel is about one block from the beach. It is pretty much on par with a Red Roof Inn, Econo Lodge, etc. If you are visiting Ocean City for the nightlife, I would recommend staying a little further down the same road (closer to the boardwalk) as we had trouble getting a cab to take us to the popular nightspots. There is a good spot to get breakfast right across the road, as well as some other restaurants and convenience stores close by. By far, the best part about the hotel is the close proximity to the beach, which is nicer and less crowded than it is closer to the boardwalk. Also, the pool is pretty nice.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iestokes
Reviewed 28 March 2009

The amenities which were supposedly included were not. There was no coffee pot in the room as well as no wi-fi. When we confronted the front desk regarding the wi-fi, we were told the concrete was too thick and that is probably why we could not get access. The outlets in the bathroom did not work either. The room was nothing special. There are 3 elevators, but only one seemed to be working. Most likely will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jricks9
Reviewed 10 January 2009

The hotel was fine. Our room was clean and smoke free. Parking was free and there was plenty of it. The property is far from the main boardwalk area but close enough to take the beach bus for a buck. The roof top bar was nice and cheap! 2 buck beer and 3 or 4 buck mixed drinks. Didn't eat the food but it looked good. Check in was slow but the staff was friendly. Loved the new pool and hot tub. It was great for rainy days or just to get off the beach and out of the sun for a day. Keep in mind the pool was't big but it was still nice. All in all it was worth the stay. Clean, quiet, comfortable... What more can you really ask for?

side note: If you are thinking of hitting up the roof top bar go for happy hour or ask when they are offering specials. They always have deals that beat the beach bars and make it worth your while to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vistbr
Reviewed 9 December 2008

my stay was horrible, Shower had MOLD, food was left in hallway by another room door sitting on the floor for two days, the room had roaches, I did have my two small dogs with me and I was told when checking In that the dog floor was on the smoking floor only, (I am a non smoker) but later found out that there were dogs all threw out the building... This hotel needs a health inspection. ASAP

I have tried calling to speak to the General manager since my stay, but I have had no response yet, it has been two weeks since my stay....Staff seems to be nice but not knowledgable to the General manager's information Like an email address? I pray nothing tragic would happen to this MOTEL, I wouldnt feel secure on staffs awarness..

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank tcope83831
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I booked the hotel through am ex, however there was a glitch in the system and it didn't go through. Fortunately for me, I arrived at the hotel with the reservation email that am ex send me. The hotel honored the reservation and I was able to get my room at the same rate ($35/day).
I traveled with my family of 2 toddlers and MIL. I thought the hotel was a steal. The room was very good (not foul smelling or shabby but spacious). The room service was excellent. The beach next door was really nice.
For the price that I paid , It was everything that I expected an more (TV, microwave, Fridge)

The pool was not bad either. Yes there are lots of kids and its not adult sized. The water seemed a little cloudy, but we didn't notice anything bad.

The shower water pressure was good but the water to the tub was a little slow, but that was not a big concern for us.

2  Thank PrashantJoge
Reviewed 31 August 2008

My wife found this hotel in a newspper add for a very reasonable rate for the last week before Labor Day. We agreed to give it a try since we only planned to sleep there and didn't need all the frills that we might have found somewhere else. Let me add that we were also travelling with two teenagers and two children under 10 yrs. old. We stayed at the Fenwick Inn for three nights this past August. We arrived at 12:00 PM and where told that they HAD NO ROOMS READY AND THAT WE COULD NOT CHECK IN BEFORE 4:00 PM. This was fine since we wanted to get some beach time in. I came back at 4:00 as I really wanted to unload the truck and get settled. Because they don't let anyone in before 4:00, there is a mad rush to get checked in. Be prepared to wait 40 minutes. Also a local police officer was leaving the hotel with a incident report while I was waiting to check in. Not the most encouraging beginning to a family vacation.

Finally, I got our rooms and gathered the family who were waiting outside (no place to stand inside). We went up to the rooms and saw at least 5 trays of discarded room service food trays outside the rooms left over from breakfast. Since it was now closer to 5:00 PM, these should have been cleaned up already. The two rooms were OK. Each had a mini fridge and microwave. Both reeked of cigarettes even though they were supposedly "non-smoking" rooms. Pealing paint on ceiling as a result of water damage and carpet stains, but overall clean. I wouldn't want to spend any time in the room other to sleep and shower, but that was the expectation from the start. Bathroom was fine and clean. Not a lot of water pressure from shower but was warm. Also bring your own shampoo and soap. They do offer, but must be used sparingly.

I wouldn't use the pool. When we walked by, there where probably 30 unsupervised kids in and out of the pool and hot tub likely creating swim conditions that would be less than favorable to get in concidering no one seemed to monitor pool. There was also a small arcade that my son enjoyed while waiting to check in.

Hotel is close to the beach (one block), but you do have to cross Coastal Hwy.

I ate at the restaurant on the top floor. Food was pricey for what you got and there are some funny discrepancies that can be found i.e. The chicken finger basket (chicken strips and french fries) is more expensive than if you order them seperately. Also, shrimp entree (1/2 lb. steamed shrimp with side and salad) was $10.00 more expensive than appetizer 1/2 lb. shrimp. I think $10.00 is excessive for house salad (bag mix) and side of (frozen) veggies.

Overall, if you don't mind roughing it, the price is good at this hotel. However, I would spend an extra $30.00 / night and stay somewhere else given a choice.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family