“Home away from home”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Owings Mills
Maryland
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We used the Hampton Inn as a refuge from the East coast July storm which left us without power for a week. They were kind, the hotel was spotlessly clean, the room and the bathroom was impeccably neat.
I love the freshly cleaned duvet covers for each guest. The desk chair was so comfortable, I'm looking to buy a duplicate!
There was one glitch, they were undergoing a key change system and didn't notify us. When my key card did not fit I went down to the desk and it was rectified immediately. They also deducted the days stay from the bill for the inconvenience!!!!! I was extremly impressed that they went to such great lenghts for customer service.
We stayed there in an emergency, but I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to out of town friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 28 November 2012

One of the better Hampton Inn properties, this hotel is located in an upscale office park area, near lots of shopping and dining opportunities. The rooms have fridge, microwave, and HD TV. I was also impressed with small amenities in the room including a little bottle of spray hand-sanitizer and a packet of make-up remover - as a woman traveler, I always appreciate the convenience of being able to take "my face" off as soon as I get settled in the room without having to dig out my travel bag. There's a "suite shoppe" at the check-in desk with a variety of microwave meals, snacks, and juices and other soft drinks. It is a comfortable hotel to spend a night or a few in.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Suncook, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Planned a long weekend visiting Baltimore and DC, plus an appointment. Didn't really want to stay in the city and found this hotel in my search. Very clean, roomy.

We did have a couple of issues that were slot with promptly. Our TV didn't work. Someone was sent up immediately and fixed the situation. W also had problems with our room key/card. Upon check in, they worked fine. When we returned from dinner they didn't work. They had to be reset. The next day they didn't work again. It was determined the battery in the door lock needed to be replaced. It was done promptly but the next morning they didn't work again. This required us to change our room, from a king bed to 2 doubles. We expressed our unhappiness with the inconvenience and were credited a night's stay. It was much appreciated and shows that they care about customer satisfaction.

I used the gym facility once. It ad 3 treadmills, an elliptical, stationary bike, and free weights. The room was very clean and even had Ernest towels. Very nice.

The breakfast was ok. But hey, it was free and beat having to go out and buy it.

Overall a great place to stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrissilini
SC
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I searched most of the hotels in the Baltimore area and was beginning to think it was hopeless until my daughter found this Hampton Inn. We were having a birthday/family reunion on Memorial Day weekend. It was a new hotel with an excellent breakfast room and a nice lounging area for visiting. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank happygramma
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel to visit relatives in the area. Hotel is more business oriented than family. Pool is closed during the day and only opens after 600 pm. August weather was hot and a am,pm swim would have been nice. Breakfast room very large, food very adequate. Room was clean, beds very comfortable. Cookies and coffee in lobby a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gerry R
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We recently stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn in Owings Mills. This is a relatively new facility and the room was very nice, considering the budget price -- a firm king size bed, desk, one easy chair, real closet with a full-length mirror, free wifi (with good strength signal), well-functioning & quiet AC, and clean & reasonably sized bathroom. Sure the towels were a bit skimpy and threadbare, but the room was only $100.

On the other hand, the complementary breakfast buffet was a joke. At this price I'm not expecting anything exceptional, but this breakfast was disappointing when measured against comparable hotels with similar amenities. In particular, neither the toaster nor waffle maker were functioning, because they overloaded the circuits. They ran out of coffee. The "scrambled eggs" must have been made from a powder mix, and the turkey sausages were inedible. If you are happy with cold cereal, bananas, and yoghurt, then the choices were ok, but otherwise ....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MBA60302
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This is a newer Hotel.
I can only imagine that the General Manager was away. I most certainly did not feel welcomed. I did not ask to speak with management there was just too many issues.
Was hoping my second visit with another room would have a better handle on the way wild room temp. No such luck. Extremely annoying. No adjustment ever got the room comfortable. At night I opted for throwing on extra covers rather than sweat to death.
Bathroom floor sticky even after cleaned (I was there when cleaned). An added feature while in the shower bathroom lights went out ! Thought a blown circuit, power failure... I travel with nightlight placed in bathroom. That light was still on. Apparently light switch is on some sort of timer, motion did not turn lights back on. Nothing like being in the bathroom in the shower in the dark ! As for the toilet, it couldn't seem to reach a water level and when flushed shot water up and out.
For being a Hampton Inn it was disappointing. The breakfast area had issues & sticky floor! It did not appear to be dirty just gross you could not walk with out suction noise.
Other guest commented on the sticky floor as did the Breakfast Hostess !
They are trying to do a lot of the "friendly -Go-Green".
I can only imagine that is why the floors were so sticky! Less effective cleaner?
I never saw that the Pool fliter was on. Maybe this is done at night

Highlight was the Housekeeper on the first floor who actually acknowledged, smiled and greeted you.

A couple of pluses : Although the coffee is still located in bathroom it is now a one cup serving. No cracked pots. No yucky glass container. Very sanitary in contrast to the (sticky) floor.
The workout room is nice,clean, fresh and the equipment works!

Room Tip: Rooms with even numbers face back parking lot and back of another Hotel. Odd numbers will give you...