Robert Morris Inn
Oxford Inn(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$149
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
US$99
US$95
US$74
St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina & Spa(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$274
Tidewater Inn(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$170
Hampton Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hampton.com
US$79
Quality Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
QualityInn
US$173
US$158
Holiday Inn Express Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
All reviewsthe tred avon riversconeseastern shorebottle cottagesitting roomrobert morriscooking demonstrationincluded in the room pricemy husband and ibreakfast was includedchef markmark salterno elevatorhollandaise saucea living social dealhistoric propertythird floor
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The Robert Morris kind of exemplifies the Eastern Shore of Maryland. It has understated elegance mixed with unpretentious atttentiveness. My room was very comfortable, and I was happy that there was no TV (a great break from dawn to bed CNN and ESPN). The restaurant would hold its own against the top competition anywhere. (The crab cake is the best I've had and the Smith Island (peach) cake is fabulous.) Check out the Leisure packages for Sunday and Monday. You won't find a better deal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are probably nice; mine was
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank DCTraveler001
ianiglasgow, Owner at Robert Morris Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Wow . . . what a great review and it really reflects everything we want The Inn to be recognised for. So many thanks and best wishes. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mark and Ian

Reviewed 13 June 2011

My boyfriend and I just wanted a quiet weekend getaway before the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. We saw an article about the chef at Robert Morris Inn, and the deal that was offered for the hotel and dinner was too good to pass up. We ended up with the a room on the top floor, just under the eaves. It was perfect, even with the howling winds that night. We were very cozy, especially looking out at the choppy water. We loved it! The dinner that we got in the evening was more than fantastic! We got to choose anything off the menu for a full three-course dinner. The food was delicious. Even thought the weather was less than perfect, we still felt that we were far away from home and the hustle and bustle. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kesslkat

What a great review! Thank you so much as the staff read these avidly too and it goes a long way to motivating them.
It is a great omen when the Chef is also one of the owners, the food really should hit the spot and delighted it did.
We enjoy being busy so keep the prices "real" and yes the Leisure Packages are the best.
Thanks for your business and we look forward to you relaxing with us again soon!
Ian

Reviewed 17 October 2010

My Mom & Dad stayed there in the late 50' & 60's. The visits were tied to my fathers goose hunting and was always accompanied with Julie and his wife. At the time Julie was the President of the NY AC and both he and my father were good friends.
As a young man pursing other interests, I was not present on any of their trips, but my father always told me about them. God, he loved that place! I promised myself , I would someday spend a night there.

That opportunity presented itself this past August when I needed to visit the University of Maryland- Baltimore. I asked my wife if she would like to join me - we pen three enjoyable days there and discovered the Eastern Shore of MD and fell in love with the area, just as my mother and dad had over 50 years ago.We loved the hotel, food and the "wait" staff, all were both friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Billdougherty
Reviewed 14 October 2010

The Robert Morris Inn in Oxford MD is very old (1710!) and it shows. The floor in the stair landing isn't even close to level. Doors are often quite short (people used to be shorter). And there is no elevator. But, it has been renovated and it has comfy beds, AC when needed, and even wireless (although their network was a tad anemic, at least from the 3rd floor). The wifi is the only in-room modern convenience, really. There are no telephones or TVs in the rooms. Furnishings are mostly antiques and rooms are varied as to size, especially size of bathrooms.

But the location great-- right on the Tred Avon River in quiet Oxford, but just a short ferry ride and drive from the more touristy St. Michaels. The food is great (there is a formal dining room and a tavern) and the staff were wonderful. The management of the Inn changed recently, and the new owners include a chef who knows how to put beautiful tasty food on diners' plates. Usually we make a point to get away from the hotel to eat, but at this Inn, we figured why leave? The food was great! If you want to get away from it all, this is a wonderful place to do it.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarylandAnglophile
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Oxford MD is a beautiful place for a quiet getaway. We stayed two nights in the Bottle Cottage of the Inn. The cottage rooms are roomy and comfortable but in need of updating. The cottage is what might be called a story and a half house from the 1970's (?) which has been split in half. the large picture windows make the room very bright and the view of the river and ferry are terrific. The yard of the cottage, overlooking the water is a great place to sip some wine in the sun after touring the area or enjoying the water. The rooms of the main inn are historical but quirky. I think there is quite a bit of room for taking some of the quirky away, yet leaving the historic, casual charm. I was told that new ownership (3-4 months) is professional and is interested in moving the Inn toward its potential.
The bar area with its brick and wood decor, looks like a great place to enjoy a wintery afternoon, and was a pleasant place to have a drink before dinner on the brick porch surrounding the Inn. The formal dining room is large but also in need of some updating.
The food which has recently been updated by Mark Salter was terrific and the menu provided a nice choice of meals including some vegetarian offerings. The scallops were stunning and herbed in ways that I hadn't considered before. The rockfish over the chorizo-fennel-tomato ragout was also delicious. I could go on about the food, but it should be experienced. Ingredients seemed fresh and as labled on the menu were sourced from local suppliers.
The staff at the restaurant and the inn were also incredibly professional and welcoming without being cloying. Our ninja waiter at dinner, Eric, was one of the best waiters we have experienced, anywhere. He went about his business professionally and discreetly. His was service unseen these days at few but the finest restaurants. The entire staff could not be nicer or more professional.
The new owners are off to a great start. I believe that my rating can only go up in the future. I can't wait to go back and see the progress.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple