“Don't think we'll go back”
Review of The Masthead at Pier Street - CLOSED

The Masthead at Pier Street
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: After 13 years serving you at the beautiful waterside at The Masthead, we must say good bye. We have shared so many wonderful memories with you; Birthdays, Rehearsal Dinners, Wedding Proposals, Engagement Parties and so many sunsets that we will never forget. We entertained a few celebrities, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew McConaughey to name drop a few, but you were the reason we loved being there! We have been serving Oxford and its visitors since 1991 and we plan to continue! We will be serving lunch and dinner at Latitude 38 and we will open our new outdoor courtyard in the early spring! We invite you to check out our new website and our every changing menu at Latitude 38. We also invite you to inquire about our expanded catering services that will be a part of our new chapter! Thanks again for all of your support through the years and most of all the memories!! Thanks to all of our wonderful staff that worked side by side with us through the years, some of you already at Latitude 38!! Gretchen Gordon and Wendy Palmer and the great staff of The Masthead at Pier Street We feel very blessed!
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I have eaten here a lot however we will never go back. Our food & service was some of the worse I had in years. I got a soft crab sandwich that had 1 small crab then it came with fries as did my wife's sandwich that were old and nasty. We told our waitress and she didn't care enough to get us fresh fries. By the way she gave us a bad attitude when we told her that our fries tasted old.

wendypalmer, Owner at The Masthead at Pier Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit to The Masthead. The soft shells season has been tricky, although recently we have received jumbos so one crab per sandwich is the portion. As for thr fries not being fresh and hot, you should have been offered fresh! Thanks for bringing your poor service to my attention. I would love to speak with you about the service if you you would be so kind to call 410-226-5171. It is helpful to us to hear from our guests to address issues in our business. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stopped here on the way down to Cambridge. I wanted to check out the outdoor deck and tiki bar but Mother Nature was not cooperating that day. I shared the fish tacos and lamb sliders - both we're very good. Our server was very attentive and the food was delivered quickly. Next time we are by this way, we will stop back to enjoy the outside bar and seating.

wendypalmer, Owner at The Masthead at Pier Street, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thanks so much for your kind review! I am glad you made the stop on your way to Cambridge! Not too many places have lamb sliders, so that special was well received that day! The fish tacos are a favorite on our menu! Also glad to hear you received great service!
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Oxford or Cambridge!

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Lovely views on the patio. I had the crab cake, which was good enough. Friendly casual atmosphere. Good for low key outing.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We do have sensational views, and I am sorry your review of the crab cake wasn't as sensational! Good enough isn't good enough for me. I see you are from Alabama, maybe your next trip we can go for a round two and shoot for Sensational Crab Cakes!
Thanks again!
Hope we see you on your next trip!

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for a light lunch. We decided in the fish & chips $13.99 each, expensive for what we got, no coleslaw or roll shoestring fries, but the rockfish was very good other than that & the view it wasn't worth the stop.

wendypalmer, Owner at The Masthead at Pier Street, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We agree the view is beautiful! The open deck overlooking the Tred Avon offers every table a view. I am glad you enjoyed the rockfish. I am troubled with your comment regarding the value of the fish and chips, the serving offers 5 pieces of rockfish and shoestring fries and is a value at 13.99.
We do offer quality and value, and the fish and chips is our best seller along with the crab cake.
i just don't want readers to get the wrong impression of our restaurant, and it certainly is worth the stop!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice dockside restaurant. The place is huge with both indoor and outdoor dining. The fish tacos were very good, cooked perfectly with a mexican based salsa to complement the fish. The calamari was fair. Even though it came out hot, the batter did not stick and fell apart as you put it in your mouth.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you made the trip across the ferry! It is such a quick trip from St. Michaels and Royal Oak.
The fish tacos are always a popular item; so glad you enjoyed!
I hope you will stop in again on your next trip to the shore!
Wendy Plamer