“Classic Italian”

Ranked #24 of 82 Restaurants in Parkville
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Whether you stop in for our award winning Italian Cold Cut, or do drop off catering for 20 at your office meeting or a 200 person fully serviced catered event, we guarantee you will be elated with every part of your experience. If you're not, We'll make it right and If we can't, you don't pay... It's that simple. We are obsessed with freshness so we make everything from scratch. We tenderize and cut our beef and chicken for cheese steaks and chicken cheese steaks here at the store. (No frozen water beef patties that most places use.) We make our own fresh mozzarella here at the store 2-3 times per week. All pasta salads are made here. All subs are made to order with top of the line Boar's Head deli meats.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I recently visited Toscana with a friend of mine. At first glance, nothing special, very easy to pass by and not think twice. This place is a local GEM, a place you would not know unless the locals or someone who works in the area tell you about. As a foodie, and professional pizza chef, I was very impressed with the array of homemade Italian breads, and cold salads on display. I noticed the boars Head deli meats in the case, and was put at ease knowing this place uses top notch ingredients. I took a few moments to pour over the vast menu and found it very hard to make a decision. My friend recommended the "Valentino", his favorite standby, a cold sub with a one of a kind mouthwatering marinated egg-plant, and roasted turkey with fresh mozzarella. This sub came dressed with tomatoes, mixed field greens (instead of plain old iceberg lettuce) and a VERY GOOD house Italian dressing. I definitely had a meal to remember. The prices could be off-setting to some, but for exquisite food I tend not to worry over cost. I will certainly be back soon to sample the rest of the menu. Good luck Tosacana's with your new pizza kitchen, it looks like a place I could slap out a few pizzas.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been going to Toscana's for several years for delicious subs and salads. They use top-quality meats, delicious bread, and homemade mozzarella that is hand-pulled in the store! Some of my favorites are: the Italian sub and it's grilled version, the Godfather; the San Martino, a classic prosciutto baguette; the Porketta, grilled pork and provolone; and one of the best Cheesesteaks this side of Philly. Recently they installed a pizza oven and I can certify they make the best NY-style pizza in Parkville (because I have tried all of the others)! It has a savory sauce and crispier crust, just ask them to leave it in a minute longer. (Their pizza is not the chewy crust, sweet sauce, Pizza-Hut style pizza that is popular in many parts of Baltimore that I detest). I have never had a problem getting items made-to-order. They have several tables to eat-in, but I opt for take out. They also sell Italian groceries (pasta, sauce, olive oil, etc.), wine, and beer. Sometimes I will stop by on spaghetti night just to pickup some homemade mozzarella, to serve in an appetizer, and a loaf of Italian bread. Toscana's is the place to go for delicious Italian subs and the best pizza in Parkville!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This place use to be great, I live right around the corner and got subs and soups all the time. More and more the same sub I always get (the vespucci) is getting thinner and thinner with less meat. This past time there was slimy/rotten lettuce on it. The food is going downhill along with the staff. Most staff I have seen over the past couple years are getting younger and younger, mostly teenagers at this point who do not care about customer service or their job. Along with not caring, they are rude when you ask for something specific, like "no tomatoes", I always say this, get eyes rolled at me, get home and ALWAYS have to pick of tomatoes. The last time I went I decided to get something different and ordered a "Toscana Salad", it was different than other salads because the menu stated it had pomegranate seeds in it, definitely caught my eye. I got home and I had no pomegranate seeds, but I did have mandarin slices...rechecked the menu and it said pom seeds. I called Toscanas and the rude girl said "well we dont have pom seeds right now, so I put some fruit on it"...like I should be the one who feels stupid. First, I was not informed about them being out of pom seeds (one of the main ingreds of the salad I ordered) and they replaced them with something else without asking... what if I was allergic to oranges??? I use to love this place, but Im not going back anytime soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I stopped in for Italian subs and they were the real deal. Nice, soft roll, really fresh cold cuts, pickled peppers. We sat down to eat and noticed that they knew all the customers by name, asked them about their kids, etc. Obviously all "regulars." Friendly place.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We passed by this place, very easy to do since nothing really makes it stand out, and noticed that each time the parking lot was fuller than you would typically see for a 'whole in the wall' kind of place. The food is authentic Italian and high quality ingredients. Our sandwich was delicious & loved our almond cream cake for dessert. They have dine in and carry out. The interior isn't anything special, but the food is great!