“Not going back...”
Review of Jerry D's Saloon

Jerry D's Saloon
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Parkville
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This is a Parkvlle institution. I have been there many times over the years but it is going downhill fast. I had lunch there this week and the hot turkey sandwich was so bad I just picked at it and left hungry. I would have sent it back but I was there with others. The main culprit was the gravy. It was ugly light yellow and just full of lumps. It was totally devoid of any flavor. It could have been white glue but glue would have been smoother. I poored on the salt trying to make it edible but to no avail. It was also on the fries which ruined them, too. The turkey looked like thinly sliced lunch meat. Cole slaw was ugly white and just totally sour and nasty. One bite was enough.

Started lunch with some chicken noodle soup and it also was badly underseasoned. Sorry, won't be back again.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

We eat here often...very casual and comfortable...food is always awesome and cheap. Our favorite is the hot roast beef, a great comfort food that will leave you full for only 6.95

Reviewed 22 June 2012

I haven't been here since probably around 1994-ish, I used to come here often with my mother and her boyfriend back in the 80's and never really cared for it, it was cramped and smokey. Well since then they've expanded, it's now very large, plenty of TV's for me to watch the O's get shutout again :( and of course not smokey since you can longer smoke indoors. Service was really good and friendly. Prices were OUTSTANDING, seriously I thought we had gotten menu from 2002, not 2012, lol. Now on to the food...it was, ok. Not great but you know for the price I can't complain to much. We started with crab dip, which was decent. I had a Lombard's club sandwich, which is corned beedt, bacon and swiss on rye, it was ok, corned beef wasn't anything to write home about. She had a greek salad, which for price was very large, just a little strange to not get black olives on a greek salad, but had plenty of feta cheese on it and also peppers. Overall, had a decent time, some cheap eats while watching the game, not to bad.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We've eaten there several times. Usually sandwiches at lunch, other times for dinner. Really nothing fancy, but always a good meal and a good value.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

This place wins hands down for atmosphere, locals and price. During lunch it is consistantly nice groups of ladies, gentleman, couples and regulars both in the bar and dining room. The daily specials will knock your socks off with quanitity and price.i