Ramada Pikesville/Baltimore North
US$83
US$74
US$64
Red Roof
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills(Owings Mills)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$147
US$81
US$69
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The rooms were clean and sufficiently appointed. More lighting (or higher wattage bulbs) would be appreciated. Breakfast was disappointing. Wireless hi speed internet signal was weak, but operational. It was a very hot day when I checked in, and the air conditioner in the room was running which is very much appreciated. I will stay here again if my travels take me to Baltimore.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I'm not sure what all the negative reviews on this site are all about. This is not the Four Seasons but I don't beleive it claims to be. The hotel serves its purpose well. It is clean and affordable. Baltimore Inner Harbor Hotels are high in price and hard to come by. Pikesville is an easy direct 20 minute ride( north of Baltimore) and the Ramada Inn does the trick. The service at the front desk was friendly and courteous. In season they have a nice pool and there is even a restaurant on the premesis. So if you want a four star, pampered, ammenities galore experience. This is not your place. But if you want a clean, comfortable place to hang your hat for a few days, then look no further!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2010

It started by making reservations and giving them my debit card and talking to a lady I could hardly understand, then when I get there the rudest person that I've ever come across tells me i don't have a reservation and I have to give her all my information again and she asked for my debit card again and I said to her several times your not taking money out of my acct. again cause they already did she said no but then I checked my acct and they did take it out again so I called the front desk to talk to the rude clerk and again she was no help and very rude I said I want to talk to the manager and she said he would be in the next morn at 10 so I went up to the office and he wasnt in I never got a call I had to keep calling them then they said he would be in on Mon at 10 and I called and again not in then at 11 and they said hes running late,then finally at 12 they transferd me to him and he said he was on the road and he would call me by 5 never got a callthen finally Tues. at 10 I got ahold of him and he was so unhelpful and non caring then i had to take a day off and they had to fax him information and he took his time sending it back it's pretty bad when my bank said we should report this to someone because this was a terrible ordeal I've gone through and I could'nt use my card all weekend and they just did'nt care, and we never once receiived an apoligy from anyone it was the worst experiance ever.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
AroraR, General Manager at Ramada Pikesville/Baltimore North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2010

With due respect and apologies to the guest, please note that it is a well known fact in Hotel Industry that if a Debit Card is used at Check In, the aurhorization amount equivalent to the total Stay charge is taken out of the guest's bank account by the card issuing bank and set aside as an authorization amount. When guest checks out, the exact amount equal to the room rental is charged and the authorized amount gets dropped off from accountholder's account within 24 to 48 hours. In this case the authorized amount equal to 2 night's stay did not drop off within 24 hours and still showed in guest's bank account as it was a weekend when guest checked out on sunday. Due to above reasons, use of a Debit Card is highly discouraged in Hotel Industry. Monday I was out of town but Tuesday morning I spoke with the guest at 10.30 after gathering all information about the case. I explained everything and requested the guest to get in touch with his card issuing bank and let his bankers speak with me as they can drop the authorization amount earlier than normal course after getting the permission from the General Manager of concerned Hotel. I also informed the guest that when I speak with his bankers, I will try and make sure that they do not to charge any overdraft fee as it was not guest's fault.
As for timely action, I got a call from his bank at 11.54am when I gave a verbal permission to them to deauthorize the amount which is enough with my experience but they insisted that they need it in writing and sent me an email which I was supposed to copy paste on our Hotel letterhead and email it back to them. I got the email from them at 12.05pm and I sent the email back to them after doing copy paste etc. on our letterhead at 12.10pm. They again called me back at 12.15pm that they want it faxed to them, which I faxed at 12.17pm and called them and the guest back after 5 minutes to check if everything was in order but there was no reply so left a message accordingly but never got a call back.
Again our sincere apologies to the guest for his inconvenience and confirm that our efforts will be even better in future to help and resolve issues in our capability.

Reviewed 21 April 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ramada Baltimore West. We were able to get to our chess tournament quickly with access from the interstate. We have stayed there four years in a row. The breakfast was good with a lot of variety. Very Friendly service. The only down part for me was having to pay the fee for the safe that we didn't use. Overall my experience was an A+!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Ramada Baltimore West is conveniently located right at the beltway (695 East & West).
It is also conveniently located near shops, resturants and other activities that may be on your list. The cherry blossom filled courtyard is beautiful! The rooms are clean and secure. Free WiFi allowed me to get my work done and the service was professional and pleasant. Thanx for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business