“Clean, friendly, close to highway”

DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Boston, MA
“Clean, friendly, close to highway”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

There are a lot of pluses for this hotel: Close to the highway; friendly staff; clean, spacious rooms; microwave, refrigerator, safe. We were there just one night, for a family event, and found it perfectly adequate. The suburban location meant that there were gas stations, a Target, and other chain stores nearby.

The bed was adequate, as was the air conditioning, but the air conditioning was very LOUD. I had no problem sleeping with earplugs, though. And there was no other noise (loud people, traffic) to bother me.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, so we can't comment, but it looked clean and inviting. (We were there for a family event and our meals were pre-planned.)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 28 May 2013

From the moment I checked in, the front desk staff was nothing but pleasant and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, which I appreciate when traveling on business. I was near the elevator, but never had noise problems. The hotel is right off I-695, but again, no noise problems. Printing to the business center was easy, and the free wifi was reliable. One little thing that I loved was the outlets in the lamps on the nightstand - making phone charging easy. This was a great business hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is the second time in 4 months we've stayed here and now despite its convenience and amenities, I have to say the HVAC system has cured us of staying here again. In February, the noise from the heater was so loud and dried out the room, that we had to buy a humidifier ourselves (none in hotel, and I left it for them) and turn of the heat. Now in late May, it is over 80 and humid, but the HVAC blows across the bed when on giving us a chill and thenunit so loud, we have to keep it off at night. Don't stay here unless there is no need for heat or cooling and you can open a window.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Receptionist Simi was amazing and went out of her way to offer food services even after hours as I was having a blood sugar issue. Having the key to the commissary services was helpful and she simply billed it to my room. I appreciated the compassion and attentiveness for sure. Would have liked to have some sort of 24 hour food services within the hotel rather than the option of ordering out. All food services close at 11pm sharp with nothing really available other than a vending machine. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that simply wants a short business stop over. The prices were reasonable, hotel was clean, and they are equipped with everything one might need for travel. The lighting of the hotel could use improvement as it seems a bit bright with energy saving cool lights rather than warm lighting. The beds were comfortable and all accommodations worked out well. Location of the hotel was close to the airport, which was convenient. Staff was knowledgable about distances and giving directions. The bottom line is I would stay here again if I were in the area for a short trip. Anything longer than a couple of days however, I might choose somewhere with more accessible comforts.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Cecil, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is one of those suburban hybrids. They look like a motel to me, but once inside they have all the amenities of a hotel. This one looked capable of quite the business meeting. For families that travel with a dog, I heard one bark so they must allow it. The room was very spacious and the toiletries were excellent. Even on the ground floor, since I faced the pool, there was a sliding door and chairs outside. I wish the weather was more welcoming. The room service menu looked exciting but I didn't get a chance to use it. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the maid didn't show up until 3:30 PM so I told her to forget it. The bed was a little on the soft side but I had plenty of pillows.
The only problem, and I have found this at other Hilton Gardens which this once was, was noise. Granted some drunken affair was going on, but can't they put sound insulating carpeting between floors?

Room Tip: Top floor so no one walks above you
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My flight arrived at 12:44 am on my checkout day. Since there were few people at the airport, I called the hotel to inquire about the shuttle. Mr Pierre was attentive and instructed me where to go and when the shuttle would arrive, 15 mins. Shuttle arrived under 10 mins and walking in to the lobby the man behind the desk checked me in, spoke French, upgraded my room and gave me cookies. My room was spacious and comfortable. I must say very clean and quite. But what impressed me the most the ability of the staff. As he spoke French to a pilot while I search for my card in purse at 1am, I realized that people makes the difference. I am writing as I sit in the hotel lobby enjoying a breakfast buffet, nothing is out of place. Impressive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Smithtown, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We were here for long weekend, and found everything to our liking. Room was good sized and clean, bed comfortable, bathroom clean. We stayed in this hotel before Doubletree took over, and it is vastly improved. Recommend it highly for anyone in need of a nice, comfortable place to stay while in the Baltimore area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Howard Johnson Pikesville
Howard Johnson Pikesville
#2 of 4 in Pikesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!