“It is always a pleasure staying here!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Falls Church, Virginia
“It is always a pleasure staying here!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is my third year staying at this hotel for a 4-day in-house event (which means I hardly every leave the hotel). The rooms are very clean/comfortable and the food is good and reasonably priced (from 11 am-11 pm you can order off of the lounge menu, which includes healthy salads if you want). The staff is very friendly and they really work hard to make sure you are happy. They are amazingly accommodating. I feel at home here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us each year that you are in town for your event. We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty. It is great to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff and facility are exceeding your expectations. Thank you for your review and kind words, I will pass along the compliments to our staff. We look forward to having you back as our guest next year! Have a great day

410-653-1100

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had more than 90 nights in hotels last year (the vast majority at one Hilton property or another) and I will have about 70+ this year.

Business takes me to the Windsor Mills, MD area a few times a year. I discovered this hotel when I did a project in the area in 2012. I stayed at this property 8 or 9 times for at least 3 nights per stay. I stay here now whenever business takes me to the area. In 2012 when I first started staying here, it was a Hilton. Some time late in 2012 or early in 2013 it became a DoubleTree and underwent a fairly extensive renovation. The rooms got new carpets and new TVs as did the hallways. I will say that I did like the pre-renovation lobby better than the post-renovation version but what can I say. The restaurant is pretty much the same as it was before but I only use it for breakfast so I won't comment on it.

As I recall the service, the DoubleTree version of the property has far better in-room TV service that defaults to native format rather than stretching everything to fit the widescreen format.

Because of my Hilton Honors status, I get an "Honors" room. The Honors rooms are equipped with a microwave oven and a small refrigerator. Additionally, there are 2 bottles of water delivered daily - an inexpensive benefit which I really rather enjoy.

The rooms are clean and the hotel service (particularly maintenance) is pretty good. It was a cold afternoon when I returned to my room and the HVAC unit wouldn't deliver warm air. A quick call to the desk was responded to politely and the maintenance man arrived in less than 5 minutes to take care of the problem.

My corporate rate is very favorable but the regular rate isn't onerous for a nicely redone Hilton property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our property and for your kind words. We put allot into our renovation to make our facility a more enjoyable more comfortable place for our guest. It is good to hear that our guest appreciate our efforts.

I am very happy to hear that our maintenance department was able to quickly resolve the issue which you experienced while staying with us. We have a great and very well knowledge maintained staff here and I will be sure to commend them and pass along your comments to the department head and staff.

Thank you again for staying with us and for being a Hilton Honors member. We are happy to know that you will be coming back to stay with us. If there is anything that we can do or any way we can further assist you or make your stays even better please don’t hesitate to ask. We appreciate you as our guest.

Shaker Heights, OH, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. They were patient to answer all my questions and were able to help with some scheduling issues. I was glad that my room was ready, especially sine I go to the hotel a bit before check in time. Thank you for all your effort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
I am very pleased to hear that our staff did a great job accommodating and assisting you. We have a great team here that we are very proud of. Hearing it from our guest how they are appreciated makes all the hard work and effort worth it. Thank you so much for sharing your kind words. I will be sure to pass along the compliments and commend my staff if your travels bring you near in the future, come in and stay with us we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for staying with us and for your kind words.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 October 2013

...value and service--
The bar experience is wonderful thanx to great personal service.

Convenient to almost anywhere in Baltimore, this place may be aging, but exquisitely clean and impeccably hospitable crew.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our Fountain side Bar. Thank you so much for your compliments.

Our building has seen some years, however we work very hard maintain and constantly improving our facilities. We are very proud of our friendly hospitable staff. It makes us very happy that you as our guest have noticed our efforts.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. We look forward to having you back as our guest.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Yuck....from poor customer service at check-in to poor dining service during dinner and breakfast. I should have expected no less when I approached the registration desk and two guests were complaining.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us and even more so to hear that service was the reason. Poor customer service is completely unacceptable for us and does not happen often our team is made up of some of the most hospitable people I have encountered. It is very unfortunate that you did not get to experience the imperator level of service we are capable of providing for our guest.

I am very interested to know exactly what happen. I take our service very seriously and would like to make the necessary efforts to improve in the areas which we fell short with you to insure this does not happen again to you or any of our future guests. If you could provide me with any details pertaining to what happened and how our customer service was poor, or if you can give any specifics as to what team members in particular was responsible that would help me in a great way.

I want to apologize to you for your not so enjoyable stay. I hope that you will come back and visit us in the future. We would love the chance to show you the level of customer service we can provide and that you as our guest deserve.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback please contact me either through email at ashley.rawal@hilton.com or at the phone number listed below.

Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 28 October 2013

There really is little to dislike about this hotel except the acoustics....and if you are not in a room opposite a family that believes in having loud conversations in the hall in the early morning then there is even less to dislike about this hotel.

Another negative might be that the distance between the elevators and many of the rooms find you in a different zip code than the front desk.

We are spoiled by staying in hotels that provide breakfast. We have not often stayed in a Doubletree, and perhaps it is Doubletree's model to not provide breakfast, but when I spend $130 to $150.00 a night in a suburban hotel I think there should be a breakfast.

On the positive side, the front desk people are welcoming, especially a charming guy named Adam, and the pillows are the best I have experienced in my many hotel stays. I hope to find out where they buy their pillows.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind words regarding our DoubleTree by Hilton. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a very hospitable friendly staff here that we are proud of. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Adam. He loves hearing guest compliments about him.

Unfortunately it is true that some of our hotel rooms are located down long hallways. There is a back entrance however there are only steps not an elevator. We understand that this can be an inconvenience to some of our guest. Some guest also like it to be further away from the main areas. In the future shall you come back to stay with us if you wish request a room on the 3, 4 or 5th floor where the hallways are not as long. Our guests who prefer not to walk as far to their rooms are normally happy with any of those floors.

Being A Doubletree by Hilton hotel we do not offer complimentary breakfast. We do have a wonderful Breakfast buffet and offer a full service menu and room service although not included in the rate our breakfast options are very fairly priced. We do offer complimentary coffee in our lobby to our guest. Also if you stay often and sign up for Hilton Honors Reward program once you obtain a gold or diamond status you get complimentary breakfast while staying with us.

Thank you again for staying with us and for the great review. We hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

DoubleTree Baltimore North Pikesville
ANDOVER
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Was surprised to find that this Doubletree was pretty run down. Not suited for business travel. I stayed on the Hilton Honors floor (5th I believe) and I could tell as soon as I stepped off the elevator that I picked the wrong hotel. I opened the door to the room and was dissapointed that it wasn't my typical Doubletree room. I stayed in the Dallas Doubletree recently, and these two hotels were night and day. The room wasn't updated and I got the not so clean vibe right away. I was only staying one night, and wasn't familar with the area, so I stayed - but I wasn't comfortable about it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is surprising for me to hear that you were unpleased with the cleanliness of our facility. This is a complaint we rarely hear. Our housekeeping is made up of a diligent detail oriented team and they close to never miss a spot. I will speak with our Director of housekeeping and bring this to his attention so that he can be aware and make efforts towards improvement if need be.

We just updated a year ago, our wall paper, carpet, our entire lobby etc... Are new. It is disappointing for us to hear that you as our guest were not pleased with our facility as we put a lot into the renovation and work very hard at the maintaining and upkeep of our facility.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention you have helped us in a great way. Moving forward We will take a careful look into the these specific areas to determine where we can continue to improve.

410-653-1100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Howard Johnson Pikesville
Howard Johnson Pikesville
#2 of 4 in Pikesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!