DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Pikesville, United States
“Clogged sink”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Overall my experience was good. The room was in good shape, the front desk people were helpful and the breakfast we got from room service was excellent. I only had one problem. Our purpose for the trip was to come for a family wedding. We flew in Thursday morning and checked in approximately 3 pm to get ready for the wedding that was to start at 6 pm, allowing us ample amount of time to prepare. While getting ready we realized that the sink was totally clogged. I called housekeeping and explained to them the problem. I was told that somebody would be right up. After 45 minutes I decided to call again because nobody had shown up and time was getting a little tight. Housekeeping said that they were sorry but they didn't know who took the call but would send somebody right up to fix the sink. Within 20 minutes somebody showed up, took a look at the problem and said that he had to go and get some Drano to fix the problem. This was a little annoying because I explained the problem over the phone so the person responding to the room should have been prepared. After waiting 45 minutes for the tech to return I stuck my head out of the door to see if I saw him coming and happened to run into a different tech who was walking down the hall. I explained to him the situation and told him that we couldn't wait around anymore because we had to leave for the wedding but could he check with his coworker to see if he is still coming back and if it was possible to use his master key to get back in and do the repair. He called the other tech on the radio and was told that he would be back shortly and it would be no problem to use his key to enter and would have the repair done while we were gone. I was very frustrated upon returning at 11 pm to find that the sink was still clogged but I was tired and didn't feel like waiting on someone to come up. We used the shower to brush our teeth that night and first thing in the morning and took off for the airport to go back home. I have had great experiences at Double Tree so this wont keep me from staying at the hotel in the future but it is something I figured management would like to know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

HiltonPikesville, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I am very disappointed to hear that the sink issues were not fixed after you reported it. That is unacceptable and not how we handle things here. I will be sure to speak with the director of engineering about your experience so that he can look into it and see where we fell short and take necessary action to make sure that this sort of thing does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for sharing with us. Your feedback will help us in a great way.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Director of front office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Woodbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Everything was perfect; from the front desk, to the pool, the accommodations. Thanks for a wonderful stay. The breakfasts were great and everyone was fabulous. My daughter's wedding guests were thrilled as were we. If I am ever in the Frederick area, this is where I will stay. Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for staying with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back as our guest in the future. Have a great day.

ipswich, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Excellent stay. Very clean. Staff was very helpful and polite. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. My husband and I were here for a wedding and had a wonderful stay at Double Tree. Would definitely stay at Double Tree again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your feedback with our whole team. We hope to have you back as our guest someday.

Have a great day

Miami
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed and large screen TV. The warm cookie you are given upon arrival is a nice touch. The staff are attentive and eager to help. The hotel is close to major highways.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope to have you back as our guest in the future. We will have a warm Doubletree cookie waiting for you.

Have a great day

Hampton, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had I not had points available I would have chosen another hotel because the nightly stay was higher than hotels that I would have stayed in in this area. If my preference is Hilton properties then this was more than adequate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had to stay the evening due to a flight error at the airport. Expected a less than stellar hotel and was pleasantly suprised. Although we did not have to pay (vouchers were for $70/person) it seemed worth the $$. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The grounds and rooms were nice. Went to the restaurant and it was pretty good. The waitress was super nice and very attentive. We ended up in a two full bed room. The room was clean and bright. Bathroom was well decorated and clean. Could have used a vent/fan as there was a bit of mold on the ceiling. The shuttle service to and from the airport was quick and easy for transportation. The only complaints I have are that the airconditioning unit was VERY loud but we had to keep it running all night because the bed was all down and very hot to sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Owings, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Although this hotel is tucked into a corner location, it will exceed your expectations. The room was clean, hotel staff is friendly and my son enjoyed the warm cookies upon check in. They were great to enjoy at 11pm when we checked in. The restaurant hotel staff at breakfast is exceptional. The breakfast buffet has everything you could want for a morning meal. I will definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
Howard Johnson Pikesville
Howard Johnson Pikesville
#2 of 4 in Pikesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore / Woodlawn

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville? Share your experiences!