“Want to experience the bottom?”

Howard Johnson Pikesville
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pikesville
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Try this hotel if you want to experience the bottom of the hotel service.

The room is filled with smoking smell.
Of course, I booked non-smoking room.
I checked another room, but it was also same.

When I asked the manager the availability of a room with refrigerator and microwave after I realized that there were no microwave and refrigerator, his answer was extra $10 per day.
I checked the website, but all one-kingbed room was $55 flat.
The manager is horribly rude.
You had to see his his face.
I myself is an international student, but I don't really understand these kind of immigrants who struggle to maintain the terrible tradition of their home country.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Likable P

Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel is OLD and it shows. The room was not dirty, there were no bugs, everything worked and was relatively clean (there is a old smoky smell), and there were toiletries provided. The place is just really old. I didn't have much contact with the service desk, but the plexiglass is a bit unsettling. Also, there are no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms which was strange, but there was a pool that was open for use. We never felt unsafe; there is a police station a block away. Overall I would recommend it to those who are on a budget, but if you are really picky just spend the extra money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bridgett60811
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Reserved a room, I was traveling up from Florida. Got there early. Was told it would be another $10.00 an hour if I wanted the room before 3:00 P.M. The front desk people must take lessons in how be rude. The place should be shut down. It's a ghetto on top of it all. The pictures may look nice but that is as far as it goes. I came up on business and really got the business, I booked for a week, WHAT A MISTAKE that was. I've never had an issue like this before.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan K
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We were passing through the area yesterday and needed a cheap place to stay for the night. We paid $58 with AAA and tax. The lobby looked like it may have been a nice place at one point. However the lobby attendant was behind bullet proof glass. This place is situated on the line of good/bad - turn left out of the lot and you're in the ghetto, turn right and you'll see respectable businesses. It's about a 20 min ride to Camden Yard.
There were no bedbugs, but there were several cigarette holes in bed blankets in our non-smoking room. bathrooms had granite counter and shower, but NO hot water!!! Soap is from San Fransisco Soap Company. Towels were thin, but clean. Toilet was tiny, not super clean, but I've seen worse. For $58 it's won't kill you.

Room Tip: Rooms around 107 face pool and back parking lot - can get loud.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie1222
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Ive stayed at about 125 hotels in my life all over the entire USA and the Howard Johnson Hotel located in Pikesville MD is most definately a great place to stay... It offers great customer service from the front desk to the room service and maintenance staff as well. It also offers a very clean outside swimming pool, daily continental breakfast and clean rooms. I stayed in the executive room and it was huge, clean and smelled like brand new. The bathrooms were clean and not at all dirty. The hotel location is also convenient to all stores, fast food and gas stations. Ive stayed at this location several times and the front desk staff and hotel owner has bent over backwards to make sure my stay was clean, safe and very much enjoyable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the metro baltimore area...

Room Tip: rooms on back end of hotel have a nice view of outdoor swimming pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I travel for work and have to stay within a company budget, so I have stayed in some places I would normally not consider. The location sounded nice because it was close to where I need to be. The check-in was slow. The night manager was checking the man before me in for what was an eternity. The poor guy just wanted his room. I'm a Wyndham Rewards member and use the site to book so my check-ins are usually fast. Not so here! I asked him to explain an extra charge and to explain what the local taxes were. I have worked for hotels and know those fluctuate. He took this as a personal offense and told me "If you are happy , then give sign. If not, no room!" I tried to explain I was only asking questions I would need to answer to my accounting dept. He said it would be on the receipt. It was not. Only after 5 minutes of asking did I get that there was an extra "safe charge" that "everyone gets charged whether they use the safe or not." The floors are filthy in the hallways and the carpet in the room has lumps, but the bathroom is finished beautifully and has good water pressure (last night's hotel did not). I will not be bringing this place my business again and will be telling others not to as well. Sad, because the location is good. I had plans of staying an extra night. Not now.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Paulmarq F
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Words cannot express how angry, disgusted, and ashamed I am to have even considered to have chosen this hotel. The staff are horrible; they have no manners and the cleaning staff cannot do their job. The rooms are dirty, they have a weird smell, the ac/heater is weird and the tv decides when it wants to give you a good picture. (I should know because we had to have our rooms changed twice.) The crib I ordered for my infant son was dirty and broken repaired with tape. When I asked for another they claimed they didn't have another one. And the worst of it all is the rooms are infested with bed bugs; their reaction? They think we planted them in the room. I called the police, they did not want to take responsibility and admit that they had a problem. The police is even trying to explain to them that they need to check their rooms and get an exterminator. So if you like this, plus having to pay $10 a night just for a fridge and microwave, then this is your heaven, my hell.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank flkgnd f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pikesville
Ramada Pikesville/Baltimore North
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
DoubleTree by Hilton Baltimore North - Pikesville
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North - Timonium
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore North -...
#2 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium
Hilton Garden Inn Owings Mills
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Timonium
Extended Stay America - Baltimor...
#1 of 2 in Lutherville Timonium

Been to Howard Johnson Pikesville? Share your experiences!