Island Inn and Suites
US$61
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park(Lexington Park)(Great Value!)
US$82
Travelocity
US$59
US$53
US$121
All reviewsruddy ducksouthern marylandpotomac riversunset or sunrisecomfortable balconybr suitewonderful seafood restaurantcontinental breakfastpeace and quietcovered parkingfishing pierfire pitsmall hotelfun weekendcoffee potstandard roomchoice hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2012

This was our second visit to Island Inn and Suites. We loved how the room was set up with a kitchenette and a separate bath and sink area. Each room has its own porch with high chairs. All rooms have a water view. We enjoyed kayaking and biking. There are plenty of places to go for both. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. We are looking forward to returning again to continue our quest to deplete the area of things that we want to do.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Small hotel in the middle of no where, but that is what we were looking for
free bikes, canoes, kayaks, firepit, grill, and fishing/crabbing pier
great views, big rooms, and restaurant/bar connected to hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin6212
Reviewed 26 May 2012

What a hidden gem this is!! I was touring around in Southern Maryland and upon a friend's recommendation was going to stay in Solomons. I arrived at Solomons mid-morning and didn't feel it had what I was looking for. The couple of B&B's I saw there were situated a street and parking lot away from the water, so I ventured on down the road. I am So Very Glad I did! I stumbled upon the Island Inn & Suites on St. George Island and thought I'd landed in paradise! For a AAA rate of $75 I got a 1 BR King Suite complete with private deck, full kitchenette, huge bathroom and an amazingly comfortable bed! Heaven!

As I was driving to the hotel I was wondering where I was going to find dinner. Worry not. There's a wonderful seafood restaurant about 15 steps from the front door of the hotel! I got the crab cake dinner that was more than I could eat, so I took the rest back to the room.

Who would think that a place as wonderful as the Island Inn & Suites would be tucked away in the back roads of Southern Maryland? What a treat this was! The views from the balcony were wonderful. Listening to the lapping water right outside my window was devine.

The Island Inn & Suites cannot be beat for the location and value! If you find yourself wanting a wonderful night or two in paradise, head here. You will not be sorry!

Room Tip: Upper floor on the back side of the hotel is where the best room are, IMO.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at Island Inn and Suites. Upon arrival, we were told we were upgraded to a suite. That was great! Our suite overlooked the bay, in fact it felt like we were on a cruise, as all you could see when walking in was the balcony and the water. We had every amenity, the decorating was lovely, the staff was friendly, the view was wonderful (including the sunrise), and to top it off, the price was reasonable. We enjoyed the restaurant next door too. Although the area is somewhat isolated, we explored St. Mary's Old City, Point Lookout, the lighthouse in Piney Point. And for a great breakfast on the way home, try Linda's Place in Lexington.

Room Tip: I believe the 'sunrise' side is preferable to 'sunset' because it is right on the water, but there is water on both sides.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Relaxed_from_PA
HGISolomons, General Manager at Island Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Relaxed_from_PA,

We are so thrilled you chose our hotel. With a name like Relaxed_from_PA I think we must have been a perfect find. With our serene views I sometimes find it hard to believe I am actually at work.
While we can not always guarantee a specific view we do have a lot of guests that will try to get the sunrise view overlooking St. George Creek. I personally prefer the sunset side. Nothing better than enjoying a glass of wine in our Adirondack chairs watching the spectacular sunsets. (I don't think I have ever seen a bad one.) Come back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very Clean, Modern, and comfortable. We found everything we needed including: microwave, small frig, sink, dishes, coffee pot, hangers, hairdryer, soap, shower gel and lotion. Our room was overlooking the parking lot and road ( the river side is better-less noisey), however the sunset view was awesome. The front counter people are very nice and helpful. Only one drawback on our trip. The resturant was booked because of a wedding party and we were unable to get reservations until 8:30pm so we decided to look for another fine dining restuarant in the area with no success. I strongly suggest making reservations for your dining time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple