“Restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hinton
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had our sons christening here. The staff helped make our day really good nothing was to much trouble. The food and service was really excellent as was the setting. I would recommend this hotel for any occassion.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you, I had the pleasure of dealing with your initial enquiry when we debated using the restaurant or a private room. Its great to read that your decision to have the private room with a reduced menu was so enjoyable for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband was given a Wowcher voucher as a birthday present covering a two night stay. Couldn't fault the hotel in any way whatsoever. The staff were friendly and certainly very attentive. We enjoyed two evening meals, two breakfasts and one lunch and all meals were superb. Our bedroom was at the rear of the hotel. A large comfortable room. If I had to complain it was that a shelf would have been useful in the en-suite to put all the bathroom/makeup essentials that all guests have. I liked the layout of the Conqueror ground floor bar/restaurant and the comfortable seating. Very reminiscent of hotels that we have enjoyed whilst touring the USA. We would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel - hopefully some time next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thanks for your comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

If I could 4.5 out of 5 I would!!!

Ok let me start by explaining two things:

1. I work in a complaints department so much more likely to write a complaint about something than leave a review when I'm happy. Sad but true, but that should highlight the honesty in my review.

2. I wanted to have a little cheap break and I saw the deal to visit this hotel on wowcher. We paid £149 for two nights for two people with breakfast on both mornings and a free two- course dinner on out first night... And well what an amazing deal it was!!!

So the review... The hotel is really pretty and well decorated. The room was a garden view double room and was nicely decorated and a cute bathroom with a shower. The room had a plasma tv and kettle with complimentary tea coffee biscuits and water each day. Very nice touch!

It was located at the south of the new forest and the nearby Burley was lovely to visit as well as the two nearby inclosures to walk or cycle through - although you may need car to get I start trails or cycle!

The hotel staff were great. Really friendly welcoming and happy to help. Said goodnight when they went off shift and let us know where we could get drinks from when the left!

The food in the attached Conqueror bar/restaurant was AMAZING! So good we are again there on the second night eating from their 241 menu! Honestly everything was great and I am usually quite critical! The free breakfast was lovely with lots of options!

Ok I have said enough good things... And I will explain why I wouldn't give it 5 stars. Three small things...
1. I requested a news paper when we arrived and it didn't turn up ( but I didn't really care)
2. They didn't have an new forest guides which we got from a local tea house so not a problem
3. The mattress was really hard which is probably the one thing that annoyed me but to he fair I didn't ask the reception if they had anything to soften it up so maybe they had toppers? A suggestion to them would be to have them and have it in their welcome thing in the room.

Ok so that's my review and if I can get another wowcher deal I will get right back there! And if you are staying eat the food lots and enjoy!

Love love loved my stay at Eastclose!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thanks for your review, you criticisms are taken in the manner they are intended and we will consider your suggestions. Keep an eye out between Christmas and New Year, we may be running our only wowcher for next year and availability will be limited. Thanks once again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here on a wowcher deal and were very surprised when we arrived and saw our room which was amazing! our deal included a two course meal which we could choose anything off the main menu and the food was fantastic and all the staff were very attentive.We will certainly be returning :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
swansea
Reviewed 18 November 2013

my partner and i stayed at the hotel for two nights in september after purchasing a deal through wowcher. We couldn't really fault anything and found the staff very welcoming and helpful. Our room at the back of the hotel was huge and was very peaceful. Think we had to open a window as the room was warm but it was so quiet it didn't disturb us at all. If i remember correctly the sink in the bathroom was difficult to wash in due to its shape and there were no hooks on the back of the door to hang robes but those are the only things we noticed!
The breakfast was fantastic and we had a lovely meal in the restaurant on the first night which was included in the price but we chose to eat out on the second night as we like to explore. We found a lovely thai on trip advisor which was just a couple of miles away and that was fantastic!
We wouldn't hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone as it was great value for money, laid back and we felt comfortable and not pressurized in anyway. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the relaxed environment we aim to achieve.
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here 1 night and we're a little disappointed... When booking we could choose between 2 roomtypes and as we really liked the beautiful pictures showing the rooms we choose for the most expensive one as we we're promised more space then.

Well the room was spacious but didn't look like the pictures at all! So not al rooms are so lovely and luxurious as promised! Our room was in a side-buillding and allthough they try to spice it up a bit with a trendy wallpaper it wasn't really comfy as we hoped for! The carpet had stains, the bed was not comfy and the bathroom was not really clean (like stains on the bathroomdoor etc.)

There was also a lot of noise from the outside, as the hotel is located near a busy road.

The location furthermore is good, close to the beautiful New Forest.

The good thing about the hotel is the restaurant, that was excellent! And also friendly staff and dogfriendly!

But for 100 pounds a night without breakfast you can find much better options!

I give this hotel 2 out of 5 points, not only because of the not so comfortable room but also because I think it's not fair business if you show lovely pictures on the internet , but not provide these rooms... That's really disappointing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room as shown on the pictures! Because not all the rooms are as lovely as they show! Even...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
We are sorry to hear we did not meet with your expectations, we have 4 rooms which are described on our site as budget doubles. This is the room type that you booked and are pictured on this website and our own and clearly marked budget doubles, these are the only rooms we allow dogs. We never wish to mislead potential customers, we don't want unhappy guests as the consequences are obvious. Not sure why you paid £100 excluding breakfast this must have been booked through a foreign agent, we always recommend looking at the hotels web site for best rates, they always include breakfast as do most hotels when booking direct.
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the eastclose just last night and I couldn't wait to write my review!!
Let's start with the location... Perfectly situated on the outskirts of the new Forrest with stunning walks, villages and wildlife on your doorstep!! The moment you walk into the conquerer to check in you are met with friendly helpful staff and a warm inviting atmosphere. Comfy sofas, modern decor and spotlessly clean.
We stayed in room 2 which is beautiful. It is at the side of the hotel and has a massive sumptuous bathroom with rolltop bath AND a double shower! (which my fiancé advised me was one of the best he had ever used!)
The decor was so well thought out and individual it really did feel luxurious. Massive plasma tv on the wall, big kettle and lots of tea/coffee/hot choc and biccies provided as well as bottled water. After reading some of the reviews I was wondering if the road noise would be quite as dramatic as some had mentioned but we didn't even notice it!!! Please don't let this put you off anyone. We slept so well.
We dined in the conquerer restaurant as we had a wowcher offer that included two courses..... And we could choose ANYTHING off of the menu. You always expect to be treated differently or given a limited menu when travelling on these types Of voucher but I was so pleased when we were told we could choose any two courses. I opted for the mussels starter which were the best I have ever had and the sirloin steak with blacksticks blue cheese sauce- AMAZING!! The antipasti starter and poussin main also got rave reviews! The service was great and nothing was too much trouble.. A really enjoyable dining experience.
There was a lovely ambience about the restaurant and bar.
We woke to a fabulous breakfast, you can help yourself to cereals, juices, pastries etc and then have the choice of full english, veggie breakfast or smoked salmon and eggs. We all opted for the full English and weren't disappointed . Great quality produce, lovely and hot with plentiful tea and toast!!
We had a lovely stroll in the grounds to walk it off after checking out at 10am.
I am lucky enough to be getting married at this beautiful venue on boxing day and couldn't be more excited about it now have experienced this truly VIP experience that I'm sure is the same for every guest. Thank you eastclose for a fabulous stay :)

• Stayed October 2013
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your lovely review, we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinton
Passford House
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in New Milton
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Eastclose Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!