“A great wedding venue”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hinton
London, United Kingdom
“A great wedding venue”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were invited to a mid-week wedding - a great event.
Staff were excellent, working really hard all afternoon and evening; food very good.
A lovely venue with the function room, marquee, and large outside area, with much to keep kids amused.
Only adverse comment to make was that toilets could have been checked more frequently, but not too bad.

Room Tip: Don't know - we didn't stay there.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Neil S
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thanks for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed the day and take your observations on board, thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Eastclose is a gorgeous hotel, beautifully decorated and in a lovely area in the New Forest.

We had discussed the idea of getting married at the Eastclose Hotel after enjoying a few meals in the Conqueror Restaurant. So when the time came, we were pleased to discover how competitively priced their wedding packages are.

My first and only negative came early on in our planning of the wedding, which was a poor first impression during our very first meeting and tour of the hotel. Everyone has the odd bad day but we have heard of others who experienced similar. Obviously this may have been reviewed and improved since summer 2013.

I will admit to being a born worrier and after the initial tour I was concerned. My husband however is not a worrier and we had always wanted to get married here so, after reading positive reviews on TA and hearing from many happy couples who had married at this venue, we went ahead and booked the date.

I needn't have worried - every email, phone call and question was promptly responded to. The staff were always upbeat and friendly whenever I spoke to them and the room was all set up and ready with plenty of time for me to do the finishing touches.

The hotel are very accommodating, allowing you to make your wedding your own (within reason of course!) you also get a lot for your money in my opinion.

The day itself was fabulous and everything we hoped for. The wedding co-ordinator, Nicola, was fantastic. She is very good at her job and I was so glad she was there to guide us through the day and organise everyone. (Thank you!)

The rooms looked beautiful, the food was lovely and the waiting/bar staff worked so hard.

We stayed in the bridal suite (Room 1) that night. It was very clean, ornate and comfortable. I've noticed a few reviews mentioning problems with windows, our windows were working and we had them open. The room was a comfortable temperature.
All the rooms we saw were nicely decorated and those who stayed were pleased.

I would stay here again and recommend to those visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SandG07
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Its great to read how much you enjoed the wedding and overnight stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My daughter and her now husband held their wedding reception in the marquee on the 4th July 2014 and wow what a sight that was, when I popped down the morning of the wedding. It was fabulous. Ellie and her team must work like a well oiled machine as everything as far as we know went without a hitch.
Thank you all. Feedback from our guests was nothing but positives(don't think they were just being polite)
The grounds are ideal for the photos and the weather was great.
Some guests stayed the night and at breakfast we all agreed that the rooms were comfortable and the breakfast were great value for money(If you stay book room 11).
Think we enjoyed the whole thing.

Room Tip: See above room 11
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for your lovely comments, its great to read what a great time you had.
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Got married here on 1st July, and the day went like clockwork thanks to all the staff. The great thing about this venue is due to the flexibility of the hotel with there marque you feel like you have been to 3 different places without the effort. Food was Fab, rooms were great and all and all we had a perfect day.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank AndyGuy74
So pleased to hear how much you enjoyed yourself, thank you.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Eastclose was a fantastic venue for our wedding on July 1st this year. Everything was perfect. They even made sure the weather was fab!!!!! Everyone enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, and the whole experience couldn't have been better. Food, service and staff were brilliant. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding or just a weekend away. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were in the bridal suite. Room number 1. It was beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa6974
Thank you, it was a pleasure to look after you.
Caterham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were ckearing out my mother's flat so it was never going to be the happiest of time, but decided that rather than stay in the flat and clear around ourselves we would treat ourselves to a couple of nights at the Eastclose.

It is a lovely place, carefully decorated and the receptionist was helpful charming and friendly when she booked us in and took our order for a newspaper and arranged a wake up call (regretfully for 7am as the bed was very comfortable and I should have been glad of a lay in, only we had people to meet back at the flat by 7.45am who were taking away some of the furniture. We checked breakfast times which were rather late for a weekday, but I guess they dont get many business guests.as it seems to be an incrediably popular wedding venue.

We had a great dinner the first night, as we were just too tired to drive elsewhere but frankly there would have been no need as the menu was comprehensive and the two for one selection was diverse and represents amazing value. As it happened we both chose from the A La Carte menu - and every thing was fabulous - well until the strawberry and Lime Posset which my husband ordered arrived - complete with a rather sharp lump of white plastic buried in it in a rather jaunty manner - looking all the world like a broken plastic teaspoon

I called over one of the staff to enquire whether the abstract art was giong to cost extra or if it was a freebie. Understandably horrified she rushed away to inform the chef and presumably enquire of its provenance. The chef opined it was a piece of a carton that had broken off in the fridge. I pointed out health and safety might take a dim view of storage containers that were so brittle they could break off into other food - but all was smoothed over and I must say the restaurant staff dealt with it smoothly and efficiently. Many places have problems - the skill is how you deal with them.

We staggered up to our very nicely furnished room and were out cold by 10pm (despite the couple in the neighbouring room deciding to reenact the Wre of the Roses (movie version rather and Plantaganents and Yorks) some time arouand midnight. However, we were so tired I cant say it kep either of us awake and we were soon sound asleep again.

And stayed that way until 7.45am - but wait I hear you cry, kind reader, wasn't there supposed to be an alarm call - err, didnt happen. Neither had my morning paper but we were now in danger of being seriously late so shot out of the hotel and off to the mothers. The poor lass picking stuff from there up had t wait for our arrival and ended up having ato pay for an extra half hour of her removers time. I was just a little mortified as I don't do late.

We returned to the hotel for breakfast (which was beautifully prepared) yet there was still no newspaper. At this point I was a little boyond irked and felt a frank exchange of views with the receptionist was required. She breezily informed me that she had no idea why we hadnt had a wake up call and that the papers hadnt arrived yet (10am). They were getting later and later and if I wanted to I could find one of her associates who could look and see if there were any around. I decided to get the heck out of dodge before I really lost my temper. SHe really couldnt see that there was a serious problem or why I was so vexed.

After a very hot and rather nasty day we returned tired and sore around 5pm and I decided I would enquire again after my newspaper (I am a crossword addict and lack of Independent was not enhancing my day). This receptionist was altogether more interested in my woes and agreed with her earlier colleague on the erractic arrival of the newspapers and said she would raise lack of wakeup call with relevant manager. I shared that in my expereience the hotel would be wiser not to offer services it either couldn't or had no intention of providing. If we hadnt been offered a wake up call we would have used some of the tech we had in tow. At last count, one laptop, 2 smart phones, 2 kindle fires and one digital watch any one of which could have been utilised and that I considered this their worst sin - admitedly had my husband swallowed that plastic I may have been a little less sanguine about that incident.

We decided to take our lives into our hands again and eat in the hotel that evening so you can tell the food was pretty exceptional.

And the next morning my Independent arrived with the breakfast.Of course we didnt need an alarm call that day but we had everything set ready for action. I pity anyone in any adjoining room as they may have thought an alien invasion was imminent.

East Close - fire your newsagents - NOW. papers should be there in time for the start of breakfast or havens above you might be forced to TALK to your spouse.- particularly when guests are paying for them. And don't offer alarm calls you cannot make.

Fellow travellers, this is a lovely hotel, with charming friendly staff who want to make your stay the best it can be - I would say book with no hesitation and we probably will return - such a screaming shame it was let down by such silly things. Silly until youre at the sharp end that is.

Room Tip: we were in room 16 which faced A35 but good double glazing - slept like infants.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lesa M
So pleased to read you would return despite the annoying issues you have raised. Indeed newspapers are an issue and you are quite right that maybe we should not offer them. Our dilemma is that providing no service may become a point of contention with guests who might not expect that our paper boy was so unpredictable.
We all hope to see you again and thanks for your review.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a mid week stay as a party of four. When we arrived we were greeted by very pleasant bar staff .. Had lunch and as we had been told we could check in at 2 ..it was now 2.45 we went to the hotel reception desk...the young lady was on the phone to someone she obviously knew well and continued to talk..I coughed politely and she put her hand on the phone and asked me what I wanted when I said to check in she said could I just wait one minute as she was trying to fix credit card machine..we wandered about for 10 mins came back she was still on the phone and made no effort to attend to us...luckily a man saw us came over and booked us in. This woman obviously needs customer service course! We were directed to our rooms ..it would have been nice to have been shown and perhaps the needs to help with luggage would have been better.
The rooms are lovely, we had number 1 and 2 number 1 is much bigger and flat all over, good for me as am disabled. Both bathrooms are huge with claw foot baths and huge showers. Toiletries are of good standard and the rooms are decorated to high spec. Room 1 has huge French style bed and 2 lovely little chaise ..the wardrobe is large but has no full length hanging space. Tv is very large with good reception. Wi - fi is free but doesn't work in this room. Room 2 is smaller but just as nice but has a walk a wardrobe but no seating! Good tea making supplies. Would benefit a couple of things to bring it up to perfect an information booklet with perhaps sample menus or available room service. List of breakfast times and restaurant opening hours. Pen and paper, but that's just being picky. There is a busy road outside with lots of traffic but even with windows open didn't bother us that much (but we do live in a busy town) After the first night we were surprised by the cleaning (or lack of it) in the rooms both beds had just been 'pulled across' and not properly made, the floors had not been hovered as previous guests had left sequins on the floor and they were still there. Breakfast on the first day was well cooked with two egg full English, breakfast on the second day was not as well cooked with one egg full English and shared baked beans, the choice of fruit would have been good. Grounds are very nice with big bean bags, out size chess set and nice short walks. Overall its a good hotel but just a few tweaks could make it a great one, staff whilst polite seem not very experienced

Room Tip: We had room 1 which is huge with a massive French style bed and large bedroom the other couple in th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank SableMable
Eastclose_2013, Owner at Eastclose Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you, we take all your points on board and appreciate you taking time to bring them to our attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinton
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Burley
South Lawn Hotel
South Lawn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford on Sea

Been to Eastclose Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!