Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Travelers Budget Inn(Pocomoke City)
Econo Lodge(Pocomoke City)
Econo Lodge(Princess Anne)
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Birchwood Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
All reviewswould definitely stay here againnon smokingthe outer bankscomfortable stayfitness roomfront desk staffwithin walking distancepancakesright next doortaco bellcomfortable bedsstaff was friendlyfree breakfastoff the highwayqueen bednice roomnew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for one night on point breaker deal (which made it extremely affordable, and gave me the excuse to go to a short trip to the Eastern Shore). It is a typical Holiday Inn Express. Exactly what one can expect. Free internet with decent speed (not great, but not bad at all) and free breakfast (which I missed as I left early in the morning to catch the sunrise on the beach). Check in was quick and cordial as was check out. As platinum member I got 500 points (we’ll see if they will post), which made the stay even more economical. There are several restaurant and a shopping mall nearby. The only negative is that there is only one elevator which is extremely slow. All in all, what one can expect.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MDDCFlyer
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My sisters, daughter and I were visiting Pocomoke to attend our family reunion this past weekend. We'd stayed at this Holiday Day Inn Express several times in the past since it opened years ago and found that for the area, it is the best bet for your dollar. The accomodates are generally clean and well maintained. The staff is almost always friendly and accomodating. This time I found the front desk staff on Friday to be somewhat lacking but Saturday on the coverage was excellent. The housekeeping staff and dining room attendant were especially friendly and hardworking. They should all be commended given that this was an extremely busy weekend. Thanks to you all for helping make your stay extra special.

Room Tip: I have stayed of all of the floors in the past and find the first floor to be the most convenient. The rooms towards the middle of the hall are best because you don't get the noise from the lobby, meeting rooms or pool. We were able to easily access the sourrounding shops and resturants; as well as pop in and out to the car as needed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RubyPeach
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this Holiday Inn Express.

PROS:

- Upon check-in, I received 500 extra club points for being a platinum member.
- I requested to be placed on the top floor in the booking comments, and this request was honored.
- The pancake station at breakfast was OUTSTANDING. I've seen really cool waffle makers, but an automatic pancake making station? This was really cool, and they were made really well.
- I love that they had a refrigerator filled with breakfast drinks, including a pitcher of milk. I love milk, and they did not disappoint here.
- The room was super-comfy, and the Internet worked flawlessly. I really appreciated the in-room refrigerator as well.
- There is a Wal-Mart super close by if you need to pick up some groceries.

CONS:

- I asked for late checkout, which was granted, but my key was deactivated during that time period. When I went to come back into the hotel from my car (I was putting my luggage in it), I couldn't get back into the door and had to walk around the entire hotel to get back in. This was annoying.

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

A solid, good hotel. I would return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rikerwt
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City. It was clean and pretty quiet, the two things that are most important to me. The room was a little worn around the edges, but decent. The free breakfast and free internet were both great amenities. I enjoyed the pancake-maker, which was new to me; you usually see waffle makers at hotels! The check-in staff was friendly and fast. The best thing about my stay was that it was during Pony Penning on Chincoteague Island, about 30 minutes away. Every place to stay on the Island required a 5 night stay, while this property let us have a 1 night stay, which was what we needed for our trip. I appreciated their willingness to meet the needs of travelers other than those who want to book a 5 night stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor, near the pool and road, and it was fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express, fairly new and very clean. Although it's on a busy road the hotel is quiet. The best dining option is the River Cafe, only a 2-3 minute drive from the hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and welcoming,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple