“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Cheshire
“Clean and quiet”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed on the 2nd floor, and our room was nice and quiet, and very clean. Beds very comfortable. Breakfast was average, but well stocked. Front desk staff was efficient/capable, but could have used a dose of friendliness. Would certainly not prevent me from staying here again, I would go back in a flash! Overall, very good experience.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean R, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We are truly happy to hear that you had a nice quiet stay with us and look forward to your next visit. Hopefully we can provide you with a more cheerful greeting from the front desk staff also, your comments are what helps us improve! Again, thank you for the great review and come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very nice place to stay. Easy access to stores and places to eat. Breakfast was as good as all of the HIE properties, not great food but good food, plenty of it and clean area to eat. Staff made sure all the food was stocked at all times. I stayed on the second floor and did not experience any of the odor problems that were mentioned in some other reviews. Noise level was normal for a hotel as far as I could tell. Room was very clean and well maintained. My only con, and it is a small one was with the front desk staff. They were efficient and did their job well, but I felt like it was a chore to check me in and out. Usually the staff at HIE are friendly and courtous as well as efficient. The staff here was not rude, just not what I would call friendly. Overall a very ncie place to stay and if I am in the area I will stay there again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was good!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve_W_India
Sean R, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! We are truly sorry the front desk staff didn't provide you the greeting you are accustomed to from a Holiday Inn Express staff, we will definitely try and do better on your next stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and we are very proud of our location here, providing close proximity to several restaurants and other shopping facilities, thank you for noticing! We look forward to your next visit, come again soon!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Convenient on our drive. The hotel is predictable, which is good. Warm welcome. Room was comfortable and clean. We were given a smoking room, but had wanted a non-smoking one, and we were switched quickly, but was warned that it was on the same floor. Not thinking, we took it. The hallway wreaked of old cigarettes and rug shampoo - sort of like a wet dog that was washed with cigarette butt soaked water. It was fine in the room. Breakfast was what you expect at these places. Stay there if you need a stopover, but try and stay off the third floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean R, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to send in your review! Your input is what provides us with insight into potential problems and areas we could use some improvement. We're glad that the smell didn't extend into your actual room but we will take steps to try to improve the general smell in the 3rd floor hallway. Sorry that you had to encounter that problem but your input will help us make the necessary improvements so that the next time you travel this way it will hopefully not be an issue any longer. Thank you again for taking the time time to provide this review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the hotel is basically OK except for very poor soundproofing. I could hear the people upstairs talk, yawn, shower, flush and their kids running around. Mattress OK, breakfast so-so. So if you were on the top floor you should be OK.

Room Tip: better bring some earplugs
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sean R, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay with us! We are truly sorry you experienced so much extraneous noise during your stay with us. We do try our best to make everyone as comfortable during their stay as possible. During your next visit we can hopefully provide you with a room on the top floor so that you won't have as much going on above you! In the meantime we will take your comments under advisement in the hopes of finding a more permanent solution to the problem. Thank you again and come back soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent one night when I went to see my mom in Crisfield for Mother's Day. The hotel was clean and seemed new even though it is not. It is near Friendly's, Ruby Tuesday, Walmart, and Lowe's and a bunch of other stores and places to eat. The staff was nice and the room was large (I had a king bed) especially the bathroom, and the sheets and pillows were clean and fresh-- everything smelled just laundered. The bed was very comfortable and I was not at all uncomfortable in the room, like I am in many places. I was actually able to sleep! it can be a little noisy when people start moving around over your head, but that was not until morning and it was not too bad.I did not have a chance to try the breakfast, but it smelled good. I am looking at my calendar now to see when I can go back and stay again. I just hope the rates don't go up too much for summer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Sean R, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a glowing review!! We love to hear from our loyal guests, especially when we're doing it right... providing the best possible travel and lodging experience we can, that is!! Thanks again for the outstanding review and we can't wait to see you again on your next trip!! Be sure to give us a call and book ahead during the summer months!!
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We needed to get part way home from Virginia Beach - 2 hours away. Have stayed here before and liked the location, right off Route 13. The room was clean and sheets fresh. The 3rd floor location meant we would not hear people walking above us. Breakfast was much to my wife's liking. Plenty of hot selections. I stuck to the cereal, as I can't stand yellow eggs that are folded over like a yellow napkin. Not their fault. My one peave is that the internet was just plain annoying. They have a password, even though it is unsecured. And I could log on only once - when we got there. In the morning, I was just out of luck. The more I tried, the more frustrated I got. Busy server? Weak signal? Whatever.... I do not have this problem at Marriott - ever.

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd). This building is not new and it is made of wood. You can hear the floor creak ben...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John I
Sean R, Hotel Staff at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear John,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Your feedback is invaluable to us in helping to provide the best lodging experience possible to each of our guests. We deeply apologize for the problems you had with the internet and will be looking into a solution to the problem. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay with the hopes of showing you our improvement.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Pretty much the best hotel in pocomoke which is reflected in the price...the staff was accommodating and the room was clean. Our refrigerator was turned off when we arrived but otherwise the room was fine. The indoor pool wasn't as warm as I would have liked, but overall a nice stay

• Stayed January 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear chrisftmill,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. We apologize your refrigerator is turned off when you arrive and our indoor pool fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
#5 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Days Inn Chincoteague Island
Days Inn Chincoteague Island
#15 of 20 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City? Share your experiences!