“Backfin Blues” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BackFin Blues Restaurant

BackFin Blues Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
BackFin Blues Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Port Deposit
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
New Castle, Delaware, United States
“Backfin Blues”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Meeting a friend for birthday lunch/drink. She from Baltimore area and me from Delaware. Had checked on-line for places to eat. After shopping in Perryville, stop at Hollywood Casino, left for Port Deposit to find this restaurant. Finally found it and what a quaint, very nice place. Food was very good, good drinks, met the chef/owner, food cooked to order. Nice for afternoon lunch, or an evening dinner with friends. Looking for a good day: Try shopping (not great anymore, but a few shops still there), casino, always a good time, and drive 7 miles to this restaurant. Very centrally located.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank mb764

Dover
“Superb meal, service was fantastic!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

My husband took me to dinner here for my Birthday, our first visit, the food was Incredible, fixed with such care and presentation. The Crab cakes were the best I have ever had and the sweet potato was the sweetest that I have ever had. My husband had the Chicken Oscar and it was divine. ...We started with the Martini Crab Cocktail, which was not on the menu, but Chef Bob made us both one and it was fantastic.
We also tried the Blazin Crab soup and it was delicious....We will definitely go back and eat again...very soon I am sure....

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jennifer M
Port Deposit, Maryland
“The best place in Cecil County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I found Backfin Blues about a year ago and have been regular visitors ever since. The food is outstanding and we have not had a bad meal here. Chef Bob is very creative and we are always trying something new and tasty. Each time we go we have a new favorite.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank BobofPD
Aberdeen
“Agree, Good, but not worth the high prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We dined here with friends, celebrating their anniversary. We arrived, with reservations, and were squeezed up front between two other tables of four, on a trip to the ladies room, we noticed several empty tables in the back, so upon returning to our table, we asked to be moved to the back, which they did. We all ordered drinks, which took longer than you would think they would to arrive, then we went over the specials with our waiter, Patrick, and asked to have a few minutes before we ordered. We enjoyed our drinks for a while and Patrick returned, we placed our orders. We were able to flag Patrick down so we could order another round of drinks. It took quite a while before our second drinks came, actually, after the salads we ordered had arrived.
The food was good and well presented, we had the veal, the trio mix, the filet and the stuffed mahi. However, by the time you get 4 drinks, 4 waters, 4 bread plates, 4 dinner plates and silverware on the table, it is quite cramped.
After our meals were finished, our friends ordered coffees, which they said tasted burned, and they did not drink. We should have mentioned this to Patrick, however, by this time, we are ready to head out.
We don't mind paying a little extra for dinners out, but this experience wasn't worth what we paid. Not sure if the waiters are overworked, or if they have tables in different locations that takes their attention away from one area or the other, but at some points we felt forgotten.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Keysin10
maryland
“Good, but not worth the high prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate at this quaint little restaurant this evening. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who asked us if we had reservations. When we told her no, she seemed a little surprised but promptly found us a table in the not-so-busy restaurant. Within an hour, I could understand why reservations would have been a good idea...the place became packed very quickly. There is a very limited amount of seating.
Now, on to the meal. The very first thing I noticed when I sat down were the ridiculous prices in the menu. I don't think there was a single meal under $27.00. Our waiter was very helpful and professional despite how busy he was with other tables. The meal was good. Not outstanding, but good nonetheless. For the price of the food, I expect more.
We probably will not return because we can find a better meal for half the price at other restaurants.

• Visited April 2013