“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Potomac
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montrose Road West
Transit: Take the Metro Red Line to the Rockville or Bethesda station • Take the Montgomery County Ride On 47 bus to the corner of Seven Locks Rd. and Montrose Rd. • Walk north along Seven Locks Road 0.1 mile to Cadbury Ave. • Turn right, walk 0.2 mile to 12505 Park Potomac Ave.
Description: MoCo's Founding Farmers is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU. serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on scratch-cooking. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain. However, it does mean that we are working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The place was packed at 11:30 on a Saturday morning. The food was good. Suggest the goat cheese burger, very well done.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Came here for brunch with a few friends. I got the chicken and waffles which was good. Not amazing but I liked it. I really enjoyed the beignets with all the different sauces. I highly recommend them! Their outdoor patio is dog friendly which is always a plus!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We drove quite a ways to try this restaurant and we overall not disappointed. The setting is quite urban and nothing special to look at, however, the service made it worth while. We had a server named Juliet and after having dined in thousands of restaurants around the world, I am shocked to say that we may have discovered one of the best in Potomac, MD. Juliet was such a joy to speak with, she knew her menu very well and was extremely knowledgeable. The food was good, not fantastic as we had hoped, but very good. Our party of four worked our way through the menu quite well and at the end of the day the best item we had were the cracked pepper chicken wings. I do wish an entree had left me with more excitement. Don't miss understand me however, definitely worth the drive and the experience, we are just thankful Juliet was there to make it complete.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The food at this Founding Farmers outlet is good. They seem to have the same basic attitude about healthy food and interesting selections as their downtown branch. The ambiance is more suburban and frankly, not anything I'd go out of the way to encounter. The service wasn't bad, but what can you do when you have a small physical space in a medical office building on the edge of a parking lot on the edge of an expressway? Not so much. So, if you like their food, go for it, and don't expect the kind of urban experience you can get downtown.

Monica S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Lee-

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience. While I'm glad you loved the food, I am sorry to read the ambiance did not make your visits to our downtown branch. We take great pride in perfecting every portion of our restaurant from the food and drinks, to the design. Your feedback matters to us, and if you have any specific comments about ways we could improve, I'd love to know. We hold all of our restaurants to the same standard, and we want to deliver the same warm atmosphere and delicious food, regardless of which location you choose.

We hope to see you back and feel free to reach out with any further feedback.

-Monica

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Prefacing this by saying that I really had been looking forward to trying this restaurant after having read about it for several years. I was REALLY looking forward to it. Horribly rude service marred what could have been an amazing experience. Hint 1: Do not ask for more time to decide on entrees after having ordered a round of cocktails and appetizers, or Ms. Rude will huff and puff, roll her eyes, and grow impatient. Hint 2: Don't ask for more cutlery so you can avoid mixing the sweet honey butter with the savory goat cheese and green goddess dips, or Ms. Rude will get very angry and snippy. Overall, the food was wonderful. Popcorn, biscuits with honey butter, deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes with goat cheese and green goddess dip, and wild mushroom ravioli (highly recommended) were all truly delicious. The thoughtful, decorative touches were fun, including screens separating seating areas, silverware with farm-themed embellishments, and cute check holders. When exiting the restaurant, I requested to speak with the manager regarding the poor service. She seemed inexperienced and unprepared to deal with the feedback. After more conversation than should have been necessary to get to an apology, she gave me her card, and said to let her know before we visit again, so she could "guarantee a great experience." We have to call in advance to guarantee a great experience?? Isn't that what a reservation is for??

1  Thank Omed6304
Monica S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Omed6304,

We are nothing short of MORTIFIED reading this! Truly, we are SO sorry that this was your experience with us. What you've described is certainly not a hallmark of the hospitality we wish to extend to our guests. We want to dig in and find out who the server was, as well as the manager, so some very serious coaching and counseling can take place. We would never condone someone representing our brand that does not portray true hospitality or genuine warmth, though we will of course seek to understand first. Please email me directly so we can discuss further. I know you aren't local, but I do want to make up for your experience with us, and hopefully gather some more details so we don't have another guest experience what you did. You can reach me at PR@FarmersRestaurantGroup.com. I hope to hear from you soon, you have my sincerest apologies.

Warmly,