“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Potomac
Potomac
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have never met a more friendly and hospitable staff. Everyone was as accommodating as they could be. Anything you might need, they will provide it. I was there for a week of corporate training and it felt like half work, half vacation.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Potomac
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I just stayed for a 2 day retreat with my church organization and this center was perfect! The food was great even though I was on a special eating plan (no dairy, no processed foods, lots of fruits and veggies) The grounds are beautiful with a fitness trail, walking trail and lots of benches to sit in quiet contemplation. My single room was small but perfect! I would highly recommend the Bolger Center!

Longboat Key, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Visiting my mom at assisted living 2 miles from Bolger center. This is the 4th visit and I love it here. The grounds are lovely, the staff is very accommodating and the facility has everything I need. There are refreshment hubs with lots of goodies. My last visit I was awakened at 6 am with fire alarm. Management gave me 2 of my 4 nights this visit. The grounds and general feeling here help to balance me as I go back and forth to visit my mom

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am here for a conference and have been less than thrilled. First of all the room is smaller than an inside cabin on a cruise ship - quite literally 10x12 with a bathroom so small that I have to close the door to get to the toilet and the "counter" overhangs the toilet causing you to have to lean forward while sitting there.
Housekeeping came in today, made the bed but failed to leave more kleenex (and the box is empty), instead of leaving a new glass they rinsed the one I'd used and left it on the bathroom counter, they took a dirty washcloth and failed to leave a clean one and failed to replenish the coffee supplies I'd used.
It's a very good thing that I am not paying for this room out of pocket and that it was arranged by the conference staff (who will hear about this, I assure you).
This place is set up like a campus (not thrilled as I did not know this coming in). You have to go to another building across the street for the dining hall and another building 100 yds away for the classrooms where your conference is held.

Room Tip: Ask about room size!! Apparently they have "suites" but I'm not sure how big those are...
Denton, Maryland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the suite and the sofa bed for our 15 year old grand daughter was very bad. The air conditioning was not working so we asked for a room change. When we changed rooms to a different part of the building we had the same problem. We finally figured out that in the master room the thermostat had a control setting. The two nights we stayed it was very difficult to sleep as the room was too hot for our comfort.

Room Tip: Check the air conditioning situation if you have difficulty sleeping in a very warm to hot room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Bolger Center's location turn out to be an ideal meeting point for our family, some of whom stopped by for a night on the way to other vacation spots. Excellent access by car, plenty of free parking, but also close to public transit options and D.C. Facilities were probably most suited to the older two generations of our three-generation group; younger generation options were swimming, frisbee, TV, or hanging out with the older generations on the Pony Express patio (maybe not a bad thing, actually). Osgood Building dining room's $12 breakfast buffet was another favorite meeting spot. Food was very good throughout, some child-friendly options available everywhere (including Shirley Temples at the Pony Express!) Staff were unfailingly friendly and efficient throughout the Center -- I had the sense that they were used to larger, more demanding crowds and were happy to have a group like ours that just wanted to relax and enjoy ourselves. Which we did. We will definitely be back.

Pittsburgh
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our stay was fine. Nothing super problematic, although the "inflatable" bed on the pull out couch was anything but comfortable. the decor is dated and the pool has very limited hours during the week leaving many in our group disappointed as they had all been looking forward to swimming with the kids. On the upside was the breakfast buffet, which was included in the cost of our stay. The food was really good and plentiful.

1 Thank Amanda C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Potomac
Bethesda Marriott Suites
Doubletree Hotel Bethesda
Bethesda Court Hotel
Bethesda Court Hotel
#4 of 11 in Bethesda

Been to Bolger Center? Share your experiences!