“Best Deli in Montgomery County”

Attmans Delicatessen
Ranked #21 of 57 Restaurants in Potomac
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Attman's has the best deli in the area. They have also greatly improved their custormer service this year.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have lived in Seven Locks area near Attman's for over 25 years. We've been waiting for a really GOOD deli the enitre time. This is NOT it. Attman's advertises that their corned beef "melts in your mouth." That's because it is overly processed full of preservatives and no longer has any chewable texture. Please --if you want to know what good deli meat taskes like --go out and try the corned beef or pastrami at the DGS Deli in Dupont Circle, or the homemade pastrami at Stachowski's in Georgetown or the smoked meat at Wagsall's deli in Spring Valley. The cheesecake at Attmans is pretty good. But the other baked good are nothing much. A lot of the food sitting behind the deli case does not look fresh. Once I bought a slice of apple pie "to go" and when I got home I saw it had blue mold on it. I tried the potato pancakes--very medicore at best. I even tried their speciality "cod cakes" --awful. I dont know--maybe this is a good place to come for eggs at breakfast--I haven't tried that yet.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

What a fabulous deli. We loved the one in Baltimore and glad they opened in Potomac. Great matzoh ball soup, terrific corned beef, pastrami and other deli sandwiches, outstanding whitefish salad, delicious knishes and wonderful rug galah and desserts. Attmans has all you need, and Potomac has really needed a good deli and Attmans delivered big time! We've waited a long time for this. We also had them cater for us for a family event and it could not be beat by any other. They had all the accoutrements plus. Would definitely use their catering again. Would highly recommend Attmans and we hope to go there for many years.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've loved the location in Baltimore for years, would often stop in there for a ruben or corned beef sandwich when in Baltimore and were thrilled when they opened up in the old Celebrity Deli space in Cabin John mall. This is real deli food, almost like I'm back on the Lower East Side in NYC. It's not fancy or complicated but the food is pretty amazing. Everything we've had so far has been very, very good but the western fries are delicious and the turkey ruben - well, we fight over it if we split a regular ruben and turkey ruben. So now we just get 2 turkey rubens. It's that good. They also have some very good deli platters if you're entertaining at home.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I've enjoyed the pastrami at Attman's much more than the Reuben.I've also enjoyed the matzoh ball soup, French fries, and pickles very much.