“Picturesque and peaceful” 5 of 5 bubbles

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Picturesque and peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautiful vineyard at a great location. Gorgeous views with rolling hills and great tasting wine. This is a great place to enjoy live music on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon while sipping wine and bringing along your favorite snacks. Its worth checking the website out for any upcoming events. The staff is friendly and its worth it to do the wine tasting. There are tables set, with umbrellas, which is great on hot, sunny days. Its a romantic place for couples or a great place to gather with friends and relax.

Visited August 2013

Northeast Ohio
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Perfect Picnic Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Bring your picnic basket, sip the wine and just sit back and enjoy the peaceful, countryside beauty of this charming winery. The wine tasting provides an informative ample sampling of the varieties produced at this vineyard. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Visited May 2014
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Mother's Day Tasting at the Vineyard!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The staff was very knowledgeable,and friendly! The ambience was romantic,and the music was that extra touch to relax during your tasting! They have a fabulous venue location on the premises at the top of the hill. Plenty of room to sit,relax,and enjoy the view. You have to try the Single Estate 80% CaCao Single Dark Chocolate bar from the Dominican Republic called Spagnvola. We paired with a Malbec Red Wine. Do yourself a favor,and drive out there with your significant other today!!

Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“beautiful tasting room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We visited Running Hare for a tasting in December. Their setting is beautiful. The winery is set on top of a hill with a european looking building. The inside of the tasting room (more correctly, tasting building), is large and has plenty of seating if you brought a picnic lunch, which we did. They do weddings here and I imagine the beautiful tasting room is thanks to it being used for wedding receptions. There are beautiful views from the tasting room as well. They have a small offering of wines, I think they had about 7 we tasted that day. I enjoyed their reds, and they offer a red dessert wine from Chamborcin, which I enjoyed. I also thought it was unique, because I had not seen a dessert Chamborcin before. The woman who poured our tasting was friendly and informative. I think this would be a very nice place to visit in the summer and have a picnic outside.

Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“News Year's Eve at the Running Hare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Running Hare has a great ambience, a rarity in our beautiful country area of Southern Maryland. Some friends asked me to join them for the New Year's celebration. I was looking for something to do with dancing, good food and classier than everyday.

Overall, it was a great evening mostly because of the company I was with. The food was good. I enjoyed the band.

Cons: The price was $125. per person which did not include alcohol. The entrance from the street was not well marked or lit and very difficult to find at night as I had to arrive 1/2 hour after the party began. Where to park was confusing and not well marked (and scary). I drove down some back dirt road following the "Event Parking" sign to a narrow dead end. I could barely turn around. Finally I parked in the employee parking area. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out where to park.

The Staff removed all the food very early in the evening. Also, when I would go to dance, the wait staff had taken my food and drinks even though I was not finished. I am not sure if the wait staff wanted to get home early or what the reason for doing this but it was annoying. They served deserts on tiny napkins rather than plates. The salad bowl was depleted for a while before the staff refilled it.

Ok, I felt that they didn't always have the best interest of the customer in mind and that they really cut corners.

That said, I would consider going again because the location and friendships. Do I hope they make some improvements for the $125. fee. YES!!

Visited January 2014