“pretty good area and price for the destination”

SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Ok so i must admit the only reason i left the city to stay at this marriott was because of a wedding me and my girlfriend were attending. Needless to say it was the same weekend sandy hit the northeast, getting in on a fridged friday night all we wanted to do is get to the room. We got our room keys from the front desk agent and where told of all the amenties of the hotel and surrounding area sadily the only thing i was interested in was the free breakfast. We shot up to the room shortly after and it was a nice set up couch and a love seat small kitchenette in the corner with mini fridge,microwave and sink. The bedroom area was decent nothing spectacular but not old and run down. The bathroom was gorgeous huge mirror in which my girlfriend looked at every angle of herself in. breakfast was pretty good you could eat until you pass out, the only real problem i had was that theres a local utility company that likes to come in daily and consume breakfast not a huge deal just thought that should be an experience enjoyed by guest . otherwise a great stay

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick

Reviewed 21 May 2013

From the exterior, the hotel looks new. Parking lot clean and appears to be well maintained. As you enter the lobby, it looks clean and open; the receptionist was nice and courteous. I came on a weekday so the place was quite. The room was smell free, and appeared to be clean, but upon further inspection I notice the bathroom was not clean, the toilette was not fully cleaned and when the seat was lifted you could see little effort was taken to clean it. The shower curtains were not clean either. The beds were comfortable but needed new mattresses because it was sunken in the middle. Overall impression was compared to other hotels in the area it was the best choice but not up to the brand standards I come to expect from Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nightstalker66
Reviewed 6 May 2013

First I must say that most people staying in Prince Frederick are there cuz they couldnt find a hotel closer to where they need to be. PF isnt really a destination spot. So IF you have ended up here this hotel will do just fine. I am going to list some issues I had but let it be known I would stay here again if in the area and needed a room.
This was a very nice place a few years ago. Now it needs updating. You would think a hotel that isnt too old wouldnt need updated yet but the carpets have tears, wall paper peeling is peeling, cabinets are chipped...stuff like that. On my way to the hotel I wanted to speak to the front desk. I called many many times over a period assuming they were helping others. NO answer. SO my friend was staying int he hotel and she went to the front desk for me. She had to go in and out of the front door to make a person show up. The clerk was busy chatting it up in the back. I showed up several hours before check in because I had to dress for an event. The front desk found a room for me early and they were very gracious about it. I want the hotel to know that for some reason when you first come thru the doors it smells like armpits. Not in the lobby but it the door zone there. The beds and pillows were so comfortable! I think I will replace my pillows based on this night of sleep. My biggest complaint (which I think is gross) is that the mini shampoo and conditioner were USED. Yes. They were. Not only do I say this cuz the bottle was almost empty but because there was a hair. (omg im gonna puke) The hair was not ours. Now, I love to collect those little trial sizes and I do use them! I dont want to know someone else was showering with it!!! If the hotel doesnt want the expense they should just do away with it. Not give me someones used toiletries! NAST. They hotel offers breakfast in the am. It will feed you. Crock pot oatmeal, 1 waffle iron (hotel, the waffle iron is popular every am I am sure. Buy 1 more so the wait isnt so bad for guests please), microw egg patties, microw bacon, breads to toast, yogurt, cereals. Eat it cuz you are paying alomst $150 a night after taxes so get every penny worth. My friend who was staying here too went to check out the pool. She said it had a film on it and lots of things in the bottom. We skipped the dip. Sorry this review sounds so bad. I will stay here again. I wont like paying that price. However when the other options are WAY higher in Solomons or way less in someplace much worse, this is the best choice! If you liked my review and it helped you please check so in the box! Thanks

Room Tip: If you get bothered by the sounds of little feet stay on the top floor. You WILL hear people running...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paymeami2
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We stay here every year for the Starpower dance competition in Owings. There are closer, more expensive places. Springhill is clean, comfortable, and convenient. Breakfast is delicious and the front desk is always very courteous and helpful. Love staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed over the weekend and got to use all of amenities the hotel had to offer. The banquet was very nice and hotel management was very helpful in making sure our event was uneventful. I did find my room a little dusty in the corners and around the walls. The deadbolt on my door would stick and the security latch on the inside of the room was broken. I did report this to the front desk and they said they would have maintenance repair it. All employees were extremely friendly and helpful. I will more than likely stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stayed here after a New Years Eve party to avoid the hour and a half drive home late at night. There is no sign on route 2 ( that we could see), and it sits back a bit so easy to miss, Turn right at the Holiday Inn Express and you will see it. The check in was normal. No acknowledgement of Marriott status, but the desk clerk was very nice. The hotel was quiet. The rooms are slightly worn. Edges of seating were frayed and wall paper begining to peel in the bathroom. But it was clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was a minimal Spring Hill Suites breakfast. We've stayed at many Spring Hill suites and some seem better than others. The front desk clerk (? maybe manager) from the check in the night before was there and greeting the guests in the eating area. A nice touch. Overall this is an acceptable place to stay if you have to overnight in Prince Frederick.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This SpringHill Suites is configured like others I have visited. However, I was unable to unstop the tub drain and reset the clock (which was 40 minutes behind). Also, a large cobweb was hanging from the ceiling. I requested those items be done since I was spending 2 nights. I let some cash for the staff. Upon my return, the cash was gone, the cobweb was gone, the clock was reset, but the tub stopper was still closed. Someone had left behind a broom. I was very diappointed that not all the towels had been replaced nor had any of the toiletries. As it was late and I had an eraly morning departure, I did nothing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in Chesapeake Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Been to SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick? Share your experiences!