“Fantastic stay”

SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. Staff is fantastic and is located in a quiet area off Route 2/4. Not centrally located but it isn't too far of a drive from food and drink. If towing a trailer, parking is somewhat of a pain but not too bad.... the staff will suggest a parking location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here for one night and it was fine - clean and tidy room, comfortable bed, relatively quiet. We tried the smallish pool - not sure if it was heated, but certainly was not cold. The hot tub was very nice, as well.

One strange thing though - none of the hotel front desk staff wear uniforms so it is difficult to tell who works there. It would be more professional to adhere to some clothing guidelines - as opposed to skin tight pants, knee-high boots. I am all for personal expression, just not in the work place...

Breakfast - mediocre:
- cold cereals - only sugary options available
- hot oatmeal was good but with again sugary topping options (walnuts, banana chips, brown sugar, raisins)
- milk only available in whole
- bacon and southern style scrambled eggs was very good
- some fresh fruit (water melon)
- we later discovered fresh fruit in the lobby (bananas, apples)
- yogurt two styles - greek and a blended variety

All in all a good stay...would recommend to anyone. There are not many choices for hotels in Price Frederick - a Holiday Inn Express and Super8. This is probably the nicest hotel in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Ok so i must admit the only reason i left the city to stay at this marriott was because of a wedding me and my girlfriend were attending. Needless to say it was the same weekend sandy hit the northeast, getting in on a fridged friday night all we wanted to do is get to the room. We got our room keys from the front desk agent and where told of all the amenties of the hotel and surrounding area sadily the only thing i was interested in was the free breakfast. We shot up to the room shortly after and it was a nice set up couch and a love seat small kitchenette in the corner with mini fridge,microwave and sink. The bedroom area was decent nothing spectacular but not old and run down. The bathroom was gorgeous huge mirror in which my girlfriend looked at every angle of herself in. breakfast was pretty good you could eat until you pass out, the only real problem i had was that theres a local utility company that likes to come in daily and consume breakfast not a huge deal just thought that should be an experience enjoyed by guest . otherwise a great stay

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

From the exterior, the hotel looks new. Parking lot clean and appears to be well maintained. As you enter the lobby, it looks clean and open; the receptionist was nice and courteous. I came on a weekday so the place was quite. The room was smell free, and appeared to be clean, but upon further inspection I notice the bathroom was not clean, the toilette was not fully cleaned and when the seat was lifted you could see little effort was taken to clean it. The shower curtains were not clean either. The beds were comfortable but needed new mattresses because it was sunken in the middle. Overall impression was compared to other hotels in the area it was the best choice but not up to the brand standards I come to expect from Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nightstalker66
Reviewed 6 May 2013

First I must say that most people staying in Prince Frederick are there cuz they couldnt find a hotel closer to where they need to be. PF isnt really a destination spot. So IF you have ended up here this hotel will do just fine. I am going to list some issues I had but let it be known I would stay here again if in the area and needed a room.
This was a very nice place a few years ago. Now it needs updating. You would think a hotel that isnt too old wouldnt need updated yet but the carpets have tears, wall paper peeling is peeling, cabinets are chipped...stuff like that. On my way to the hotel I wanted to speak to the front desk. I called many many times over a period assuming they were helping others. NO answer. SO my friend was staying int he hotel and she went to the front desk for me. She had to go in and out of the front door to make a person show up. The clerk was busy chatting it up in the back. I showed up several hours before check in because I had to dress for an event. The front desk found a room for me early and they were very gracious about it. I want the hotel to know that for some reason when you first come thru the doors it smells like armpits. Not in the lobby but it the door zone there. The beds and pillows were so comfortable! I think I will replace my pillows based on this night of sleep. My biggest complaint (which I think is gross) is that the mini shampoo and conditioner were USED. Yes. They were. Not only do I say this cuz the bottle was almost empty but because there was a hair. (omg im gonna puke) The hair was not ours. Now, I love to collect those little trial sizes and I do use them! I dont want to know someone else was showering with it!!! If the hotel doesnt want the expense they should just do away with it. Not give me someones used toiletries! NAST. They hotel offers breakfast in the am. It will feed you. Crock pot oatmeal, 1 waffle iron (hotel, the waffle iron is popular every am I am sure. Buy 1 more so the wait isnt so bad for guests please), microw egg patties, microw bacon, breads to toast, yogurt, cereals. Eat it cuz you are paying alomst $150 a night after taxes so get every penny worth. My friend who was staying here too went to check out the pool. She said it had a film on it and lots of things in the bottom. We skipped the dip. Sorry this review sounds so bad. I will stay here again. I wont like paying that price. However when the other options are WAY higher in Solomons or way less in someplace much worse, this is the best choice! If you liked my review and it helped you please check so in the box! Thanks

Room Tip: If you get bothered by the sounds of little feet stay on the top floor. You WILL hear people running...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paymeami2
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We stay here every year for the Starpower dance competition in Owings. There are closer, more expensive places. Springhill is clean, comfortable, and convenient. Breakfast is delicious and the front desk is always very courteous and helpful. Love staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed over the weekend and got to use all of amenities the hotel had to offer. The banquet was very nice and hotel management was very helpful in making sure our event was uneventful. I did find my room a little dusty in the corners and around the walls. The deadbolt on my door would stick and the security latch on the inside of the room was broken. I did report this to the front desk and they said they would have maintenance repair it. All employees were extremely friendly and helpful. I will more than likely stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Comfort Inn & Suites Lexington Park
Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Red Roof Inn & Suites California, MD - NAVAIR
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina

Been to SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick? Share your experiences!