“A nice place to stay for a wedding at Herrington Harbour”

Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We booked a king bedroom directly with the hotel on the phone and got a better rate than on holiday inn's website. Used our priority member # which may have helped a little with the room we got. It was at the end of the hall on the 3rd floor and had a couch, coffee table and more space than our friends who also had a king bedroom. The lobby is very nicely appointed and the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom counter was granite and we had a little nook with a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The fridge and the granite were nice pluses for an "express" hotel. Overall I was impressed with the decor and cleanliness. We did find the hallways stiflingly hot as well the the halogen lit elevator. But the room a/c was more than adequate on a hot and humid day. The hotel also provided a shuttle for the wedding we were attending at Herrington Harbor as a large number of guests were staying there and it's a 20 minute drive away. Would definitely pick this location for the price and value if we stay in the area again. The front desk staff was very friendly and quick with check-in. Can't say anything about the breakfast because the wedding party had a brunch the next morning as well. We did grab some coffee to go which was good. I was tempted to get the suite with the jacuzzi tub and fireplace. However, there was no need for a fireplace in the summer and I figured there would not be enough time for a jacuzzi tub to be of use. Nice price for that option with a king bed though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy T
beckhamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. As a Platinum Priority Club Member you are entitled to room upgrades based upon availability. You were upgraded to one of our Business Suites which is very spacious and has the additional sofa bed in the room. All of our rooms have small refrigerators, microwaves and a coffee maker. We have recently upgraded our bathrooms to include the granite counters. Please come back again when you have more time to enjoy our Jacuzzi Suite with the fireplace.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick

Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night for a wedding we were attending in the area so we had a special rate in the block of rooms for wedding guests. The check in process was quick, easy, and the front desk person was very nice. Our room was clean, spacious, and nicely decorated. I would say it was on par with most Holiday Inn's. My biggest complaint was that instead of getting the 2 queen beds they advertise, our room had two double beds. My husband and I are normal sized people and we barely fit on the bed. In fact, I almost fell off the bed several times through the night. My in laws stayed in the hotel and also had 2 double beds in their room instead of queens so they each slept on a separate bed because they didn't fit in one double. I don’t know if all the rooms are like this but they certainly shouldn’t advertise it as 2 queens.

The bathroom was a little crowded but clean. The shower didn't have much water pressure but the water maintained its temperature. I like that there was a little nightlight in the bathroom. The room also had a fridge and microwave. The internet was free but it didn't work well and we could never get a good signal. My only other complaint is that we could hear everything from the room above us including the person walking to and from the bathroom, using water and getting in and out of bed. The noise woke me up a few times during the night.

Overall, it was a nice room and a decent stay but I probably wouldn’t return since I barely got any sleep because of the small bed and all the upstairs noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I love HIE's because of the new consistency of the rooms and facilities but!

At check in I was welcomed with a Priority Club member snack bag but reaching the room on the second floor, my key card would not work. It took three trips back to the desk to get one that would work. Upon entering my non smoking room the room, the smell of Pine Sol was strong so somebody must have smoked in the room previously.

Parking was awful, just one row of spaces out front. Other than that, the bed was very comfortable and bathroom clean but the enamel on the tub was scraped away.

All though disappointed, I'd give them another try my next time in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. Our housekeepers thoroughly clean the rooms prior to check in with approved cleaning products that are standard throughout our brand. Our hotel is a 100% non-smoking facility and as such we strive to maintain that standard by providing smoking areas outside the facility. When a guest checks into our hotel and they contact the front desk with a complaint about their room, the agent will make every effort to correct the problem or move the guest to another comparable room if available. We also have ample parking around the entire building including handicap spaces.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Only spent one night in this hotel but everything seemed to be very well kept and the staff were more than friendly. Although we had to leave before the free breakfast was officially servered we were permitted to take what ever was ready with us. If you are fishing out of or going to Cheasapeak Beach i would highly recommend this hotel. It was about a 20 minute drive from the dock.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room with a king bed. It was very rooms and the bed was excellent to sleep in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah0263
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I can not thank the manager, Mr. Larry Riley, enough for his superior service on May 3, 2012. He made me feel comfortable and grateful. The level of professionalism and kindness was beyond I have ever experienced.
Thank you doesnt seem to be adequate but I thank you!!!
michele

Room Tip: check in M-Th 11 pm - 7 am with Mr. Riley :)
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Your establishment is filled with most exceptional ammenities, including the pool most importantly. I enjoyed the ambiance while endulging the signature cinnamon buns and continental breakfast every morning before work. The staff was extremely polite and professional, and would do anything to help please their customers. The room is spacious, up to date, and most importantly, clean. The front desk customer service reps are polite and professional, to say the least. I have spoken with several front desk attendants during my stay. Most were pleasant, however I would usually come back from work late evning hours and I would see Laura at the front. See is a very dedicated person and takes the extra effort to help accomidate everyone she encounters, including me. She is, in my opinion, the best rep your have here. I will be returning soon for more work next month and I hope she will be my rep.

Room Tip: 1st floor, room 106. Across from bathrooms and fountain. 15 feet away from eating area, close to poo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank David S
beckhamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear David S,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comment regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick, Maryland. I am glad that you are pleased with our ammentities as well as our professional staff who are here to accommodate our guests and make them feel welcome. We look forward to your return visits.
Daniela Beckham

Reviewed 3 February 2012

My Husband and I recently stayed here with our 2 small grandchildren and it was the most relaxing few days we've had in quit some time. The room cleanliness and housekeeping service were superb. The lobby is very clean and the fireplace is a very welcoming touch. I admit having 2 small children we were a little loud and the kids were excited ,even spilled some juice! The front desk girl who checked us in (Laura) was very pleasant and informative. In the morning we were suprised to see such a nice continental breakfast with hot food. The pool was great also. At Check out Karen was very helpful explaining directions to our next destination. Overall it was clean, quiet, friendly, and not to mention a reasonable rate! I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor , nice balcony view into lobby
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank silver n

Dear Silver N,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay to the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick, Maryland. I am glad that you, your husband and your two grandchildren enjoyed our hotel. My staff and I look forward to your return.
Daniela Beckham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prince Frederick
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Chesapeake Beach
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
Quality Inn Beacon Marina
Executive Inn & Suites
Executive Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Upper Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick? Share your experiences!