All reviewssized bednice roomnoisehousekeepingevent
Reviewed 19 March 2015

Although the hotel was very crowded last weekend, the staff at the desk were very helpful. My daughter and I forgot a few items and the hotel supplied the toothbrush and comb. They directed me to the nearest Wamart for other items. We asked about restaurants and the recommendation was wonderful. They even printed out directions. The breakfast was great- lots of choices. The lady helping there was very helpful and very busy.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
HinchmanL, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Dear Nancy P,
Thank you so much for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. The staff here at the hotel goes to great lengths to make sure that every guest has a memorable experience with us and has nothing but good things to say. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the selection we offered at breakfast and that the staff treated you well. Your kind comments will be shared with staff members, as I am sure they will be delighted. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I was on night shift for a job in the area, we were told that there would be service for the night shift people, because there were so many. That did not work out, we had a letter from the house keeping manager, saying there would be no service for the night shift. If we needed towels, trash emptied, coffee, toilet paper, just set the dirty ones outside our door and they would be taken care of. There was no discount for this lack of service, but I was told by one of the hotel workers, that house keeping got paid for our rooms, even though they did not clean them. I wish I could get paid, just for thinking about my work.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor on the main road side. There was a fire house next to the hotel, they were very busy. Also the maids congregated outside my door in the morning, and they were not quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank jonesnuc

Dear jonesnuc,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is our goal to achieve 100% Guest Satisfaction with every guest every day. I deeply regret that we did not achieve this goal during your stay. We apologize about the misinformation regarding night cleaning services. Our housekeeping staff services rooms during the daytime and strive to accommodate each individual guests' needs. Housekeepers do not receive any type of payment for rooms that are not serviced. I have discussed your comments with my team to ensure your concerns do not recur.
We hope that this incident does not sway your views of the brand and that you will consider giving us another try to make this right for you. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 16 February 2015 via mobile

This hotel was clean and convenient. Service was excellent. Loved the waffle maker. This was close to my parents home so we were glad to find a clean hotel. We would recommend this to our friends and family. We stay here as often as we can.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank 276selmah
Reviewed 14 January 2015

I recently went back to visit some old friends in Calvert County, MD, where I used to live, and stayed at this hotel, as it was central to the County (and also offered the least expensive stay). I will say that if you're visiting the area and intend to be out of the room most of the day, this is the place for you. It's quite nice: clean, comfortable, and again, centrally located. You would just need to realize that it's an Express, which means no gym or pool, with a continental breakfast, which, by the way, was perfectly fine.
The staff were very cordial, and accomodating, and the room itself comfortable and well cared for.
The heating system was a bit noisy, but I find that to be true pretty much every place we go to. Overall, I would suggest this hotel over the two others right there in Prince Frederick, as one of them is far more expensive and the other needs some work, If you're checking out places there, be sure to note that.
Also (and this has NOTHING to do with the hotel), be VERY careful when traveling south in the County towards Solomon's Island. I lived there for 32 years, and as I was slowing down to meet the 45 mph limit (the highway is 55 mph, and I was going 60), I got pulled over for going 54 in a 45 mph zone. True, I was speeding, but I had never gotten a speeding ticket before. Hey, I was wrong, but I was hoping for a warning and didn't get it. So just be careful!
There's lots to see in the County, and in St. Mary's south of Calvert, so enjoy a stay when you're on "Holiday."

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Jack K
HinchmanL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2015

Dear Jack K.,

First I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick during your trip to visit friends. We would also like to thank you for providing such a great, informative review regarding your hotel stay as well as your overall stay in Prince Frederick. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was comfortable and accommodating. I did notice in your review that you noted there are no fitness centers or indoor pools at the Expresses. Actually we do have a fitness center and an indoor pool, we hope during your next stay you will be able to enjoy these amenities. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and we truly look forward to accommodating your lodging needs the next time you visit Southern Maryland.

Reviewed 2 October 2014

We were traveling though the area and found this Holiday Inn which was conveniently located on the highway and near shops, restaurants and parks. We were able to get to local beaches easily and the folks at the front desk were helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends