All reviewssized bednice roomnoisehousekeepingevent
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I have stayed in four different HI Express hotels over the past 6 months. This one is the WORST. I think the local owner/manager made the minimum number of upgrades to comply with the corporate standards, but just the BARE MINIMUM.
Rooms at first glance look like other HI Express, but you can tell the bathrooms were done one the super cheap. Vanity does not match the rest of the bathroom. Grout in the tile is cracked. Stains on the bathtup where they did the re-tile work.
The hotel messed up my reservation. I stated on my reservation that I needed TWO BEDS. I was traveling with my disabled mother and we cannot share a bed. When we arrived (after a cross country flight and a two hour drive) they did not have the correct room for us. Anthony, the front desk receptionist was USELESS. He just kept saying there was nothing he could so. When I told him to call the manager on her cell phone, she miraculously was able to find us something. The idiot Anthony is either unable to use their computer system or the hotel does not give him the authority. Either way, it is unacceptable.
The public areas of the hotel are not kept clean. I saw trash in the dining area that was left there ALL DAY.
The water pressure is very low and for two days we did not have hot water (luke warm).
The hotel does have the Keurig coffee maker now available at all HI Express properties, but this hotel opts to put it on top of the fridge and the microwave, which makes it impossible to use unless you are an NBA player. We had to move the coffee maker each morning to be able to make coffee.
The hotel was such a disappointment that another party in our group (we were there for a wedding) left and went to a different hotel.
I would never stay in this hotel again, even being an elite rewards memeber with Holiday Inn.
There are two other hotels in the exact same area. Try them first.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Laura H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Dear CookGirl-CA,
Thank you for taking time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate that Anthony was unable to accommodate your needs during check in. It does appear that your reservation was originally made for a jacuzzi suite which was made via central reservations. That was certainly the cause of the room reservation issue. It is also unfortunate that you were not pleased with the hotel's renovation. We have sent you a personal message to further discuss your stay.

Sales Manager

Reviewed 7 September 2016

My husband and I were in the area for a wedding and booked our stay at the Holiday Inn. I can't tell you the last time we stayed at one of their properties. However, upon calling to reserve, I was reminded that I was a rewards member from years ago.
We arrived on Saturday and and had no issues with check in.
Our room, with a king bed and overlooking the entrance, faced the main highway MD 2 and 4. Though there was a lot of traffic and the volunteer fire company is just across the street, there was noise but not over the top, given the location.
All of the staff that we encountered were great. Kudos to Alexis, in housekeeping, Anthony and CeCe who were on the front desk. Any questions or concerns were answered and addressed timely.
Our room was good, though as a previous reviewer stated, had a roll up shade but we had no problem with it. The cleanliness of the room was fine.
We were happy to see that there was turkey sausage as part of the express breakfast since a lot of times the only breakfast meat is pork. The breakfast selection was nice, with pancakes, instead of the customary waffles and the other usual fare. Those warm cinnamon buns were tasty. One suggestion regarding the hot food tables: of course we want the food hot to avoid spoilage and other health related food issues but it was hard for me, as a 5'4" woman to get to the food on the top level of that hot table. Also, there was no real space to set your plate after maneveuring the lids and utensils that were really, really hot. Please take note!!
Although my husband and I were scheduled to stay for two nights, we extended the stay by another day, just to further celebrate our belated anniversary get away.
My husband and I have had opportunity to stay at a variety of accomodations, some that have been so bad, my husband would call a dive and not bother to unpack one thing from our suitcase. That didn't occur here for us.
We will be traveling to Rhode Island next month where we will be staying at another Holiday Inn property. It will be nice to do a comparison so soon after this visit.
Stay tuned!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
HinchmanL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear LaMott1,

Your kind compliments mean so much to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this review. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience.We enjoyed having you here, and hope that you will come and stay again next time traveling through!

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

This is our first time staying here since the "big" renovation. By the looks of things, they went with the lowest bid. A renovation means all new everything. Not here. New carpet and wood floor when you enter the room. New coffeemaker. New door lock. New desk chair. Table/desk is falling apart. Same old lamps, fridge, micro. Paint job looks like a 12 year old did it. No more curtains, just a roll down shade that won't roll UP. A very large frame around the window. Not sure what for. There is no purpose for it unless it's used to cover up mistakes. AC/ heater was never cleaned or updated. Bathroom has NO new anything. I would not have signed off on this one room.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Bubbaflavel,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with the overall condition of the room. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured that all the points you've shared will be reviewed and will be looked into. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the high standards our guests expect.

Again, thank you for being our guest and I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Let me preface this review by saying they did give me an upgrade. The hotel is in renovation so that's a plus. Unfortunately it is happening and it was just a mess dirty paint spray etc. another issue is it is right next store to the fire dept. don't plan on sleeping unless you are used to fire trucks and ambulances all night roaring out of their building blowing there horns and sirens. The first room they put me in had such a molded air conditioner it was unbearable to be n the room with the smell and watering eyes. When I complained I was given another room but it smell dirty. The thermostat did not work on the air conditioner so once turned on it would never turn off and I would wake freezing. The front desk staff was helpful and polite but I won't be staying there again just another East Indian owned holiday inn. Wifi was too slow to watch a YouTube video.

Stayed: August 2016
HinchmanL, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear Aaron R,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. The hotel is in the last phase of our renovation and your feedback is extremely valuable in regards to how this impacts our guests. Your comments have been also communicated with staff to ensure issues such as these do not happen again. I have sent you a personal message and hope to hear back from you.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This is by far the worse hotel I ever stayed in. The water was luke warm both nights even after bringing it to the managements attention. The room smelled like mold, the A/C vents were dusty and it had mold growth on the vents, the chair was torn throughout, the wall had a hole, the side entrance doors were unlocked after midnight and the orange juice was sour. I usually don't complain however, I don't want others to experience what my family and I experienced. The sad part is, I have positive to say about the hotel. I will be contacting Holiday Inn about my experience.

Room Tip: Stay Away from this Hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Dear Jim K,
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your comments. We are sincerely sorry for the shortcomings particularly cleanliness of the room was below par. The feedback we receive from our valued guest enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.
The hotel is currently under a major renovation and we are working to improve the guest rooms, common areas, and staff training. We hope that you may give us another opportunity in the future to show you improvements we have made to the property.
Guest Services Manager