“Such Nice people”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Princess Anne
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Our first choice of hotels didn't work out but we found this one and the manager on duty was so nice and the price was very reasonable. The rooms are nice and clean. No noise from traffic or surrounding areas. The staff were very helpful. Small pool but enough to cool off in. The room has a refrigerator,microwave and coffee pot. Great place to stay for you are only 40 minutes from Chincoteague island and 30 minutes from Ocean City MD. Easy access to both. Can't say enough about the friendliness of the staff and the rooms are quiet clean

Room Tip: heard some noise traffic being on the bottom floor but not enough to annoy us.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeeAnn1410

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Travelling with wife and infant. On short notice and with many occupancies, management was able to provide us with a quiet, non-smoking room. Room was clean and comfortable. Slept well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward H
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a decent hotel for the price we paid. Since there is not much choice of hotels in Princess Anne this hotel will be ideal to stay. The rooms were clean and they include a refrigerator and a coffee maker. continental breakfast was quite decent with little choice. However, overall it was worth the money we paid.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wscooby77
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed here one night passing through. Motel is dated, but clean, with basic services. Everything worked. Shows its wear, but for the price ($60 for a king), one cannot complain too much. Breakfast was OK--waffle machine, cereal, bagels, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2011

For $100 a night I definitely expected more! We were in room 118 and I kept my flip flops on the entire time we were there. I was glad I had already showered before we left home. I checked both beds (which are hard and horribly uncomfortable) for bugs before we got in them and didn't see anything. However, my husband started complaining about bites on his leg the day after we left. I started to make coffee in our rooms cheap coffee maker and found the water reservoir was already full of water. After closer inspection I saw that it was full of floating residue. GROSS! The coffee at breakfast tasted like it had been brewed in the same pot. Beyond terrible! There were also lots of flies and no effort to clean up spills or crumbs left by others. One of the employees brought her son to work and he starting preparing his food so while I waited to get mine. The pool water was green as was the fountain outside the entrance. Although I found the staff to be very friendly I would NEVER in a million years chose to stay in a place this dirty and neglected. Keep driving to the next town!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank msapelila
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was an okay nothing great Motel - Rooms were decent - clean - TV worked well as did refrigerator - continental breakfas was not all that good though but for the amount of money it costs - not so bad. pool was okay nothing great -

Overall this was a very average motel where everything worked well - No it did not have hot tubs in rooms or in their pool area - Did not have a huge resort area for recreation - Also had average frunishings - BUT for under 100 dollars a night - IT was FINE.

The kind of place I stay in when passing through an area - like I was - Next time though I will stay closer to ocean city and on the beach - Only used this place to go there for the day. Still fine for just stopping in on a trip between destinations

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I took my daughter and her friend for the night so we could go to O.C. on July 4th. There were flies EVERYWHERE (especially where the food was). My phone was broke in my room they never fixed it. We went to have breakfast the day of check out, which is supposed to be ready at 630a, it was 640a, no breakfast and there was a note on the door to ring the bell for assistance. I did and the guy came to the door in his pajamas! He said there was no breakfast and took my key and left - no thank you for staying, no apology, no offer of a discount on the room, nothing....i would NEVER stay there again nor recommend anyone to. Econo Lodge should do something about this place! There name is associated! Horrible.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Best Western Salisbury Plaza
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!