“Magical Wedding Weekend!!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Rock Hall B&B and Inns
US
“Magical Wedding Weekend!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I could not wait to come home and rave about this place! I know when I travel, I obsessively rely on reviews so I wanted to make sure I shine the light on something great when I get the chance! The owners Jim and Joanne went above and beyond any chance they got to make sure everything was perfect. Every detail is accounted for at this B&B. We had a group of 7 bridesmaids, bride and grooms parents, and a few others that stayed throughout the weekend. So our group had the entire place to ourselves. Which was so very cool! It was like one big family commune!! The wedding was on Saturday and everything from start to finish was magical. We went to a church for the ceremony, but hurried back for the AMAZING hors d'oeuvres! Her tuna concoction she made I still can't stop thinking about! What a chef! So on a different note, I stayed in a little cottage house near the pond and it was just lovely. I loved having a small usable kitchen since my son and I have food allergies. They made a great breakfast every morning, which is important right!! It was lovely. I love the style of all the cottages, they each had their own little story. The grounds were all well kept and everything was very clean and inviting. The weather was on our side throughout it all, so of course that made everything even more enjoyable. Although the newlyweds did get a double rainbow! We had just enough of a shower for that! I highly recommend this Inn. I hope to go back as soon as I get the chance! Thanks again Jim and Joanne! ~Tori~(Courtney's sister), Courtney and Phils Wedding May 3rd.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! Some are a bit more cozy and quaint. Some are larger. If you want even more...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
HCInnkeepers, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Tori,
You all were pretty amazing guests as well! We were honored to be part of your sister's big weekend and couldn't be happier that you were happy too. Weddings always require extra TLC from innkeepers, especially when we wear several hats. Both families and guests made it very easy. We loved having you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
maryland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I spent two days at the inn and couldn't have been more pleased. We were the only guests there but still enjoyed the peaceful serenity and beautiful surroundings. Aimee and Mikayla were most accommodating as owners Jim and Joanne were out of town. We did a day trip to Easton which was very enjoyable, exploring the shops and history of the town. The other staff, Maggie, Java and Jezeibel were very friendly and kept us company at breakfast and walking the grounds. Can't wait to go back. Thank you Jim and Joanne.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
James R, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
It's lovely to hear that Amy and Michaela made you feel at home while we were out! Thank you for singing their praises, and for joining us during your stay in Rock Hall. We can't wait to have you back for another relaxing, rejuvenating visit!

All the best,
Magnolia, Delaware
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Such a wonderful place! Jim and Joanne are great, laid-back hosts. This was our second stay and this time we brought our dog, Max. If you have a well-behaved dog, this is a great opportunity for off-leash, free-roaming fun. Max is an only dog, but he quickly found his place in the pack. So much fun to watch him frolic with the other dogs on this beautiful property! Highly recommend this B & B!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HCInnkeepers, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thanks, C&J...You are very special guests and we welcomed the chance to meet your 4-legged family member this visit. Take care of each other and come back to see us real soon.
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I'D REALLY GIVE IT A 4.75. I really liked the couple. They have a BEAUTIFUL home and you felt as if they welcomed you into it. The room we stayed in was quaint but modern and that's what we were looking for. And it's few and far between. The cottages are superb. The grounds are large.
Reasons why not a 5... im super anal about cleanliness of my room. They have dogs and it's Really pet friendly and it's just not my cup of tea. Although I did have an awesome cup of tea there. The Breakfast was pretty good but not as awesome as other b and b. Lastly the area to get through to the bay was a bit muddy and hard to get to BUT THAT IS ONLY OFF SEASON.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ketmack
HCInnkeepers, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
We were delighted to have you stay and sensed after getting to know you that as a doctor, you probably weren't the biggest fan of house-pets (our doggies). But just so you know, we deliberately portray our 'girls' on our website and use meticulous housekeeping practices to counteract any pet issues. Additionally, pets are not allowed in main house guest rooms or non-pet cottages.
Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the feedback.
Joanne and Jim
Shorewood, Illinois
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Inn@ Huntingfield Creek last Oct. for just 2 nights but felt like we were reuniting with old friends due to the amazing hospitality of owners Jim and Joanne. The Inn is so inviting you really feel at home. We loved walking the grounds and going down by the water with our new 4-legged friends. Joanne fixes a mean breakfast and Jim has more stories you won't get bored for lack of conversation. We liked it so much we purchased a sailboat and will make Rock Hall our home base this sailing season. We look forward to seeing Jim and Joanne around town and sending our friends to the Inn when they need some "comforts of land"...(or we do too!)

Room Tip: If you really want to get away or if you have family try one of the cottages so nice with fireplaces...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
James R, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
It was our pleasure to make you and your husband feel at home! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words, and for making us a part of your getaway. We hope to welcome you two back again next time you need to unwind!

Warm regards,
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I came in from Texas to meet with 3 sisters, my stepmom and my niece. When we arrived it was snowing and it was absolutely beautiful. We rented The Pond and The Garden cottages. Both of which we very nicely decorated and very comfortable. The beds and linens were very cozy!! The Innkeepers; Jim and Joanne were very welcoming, friendly and warm. You could tell that they really enjoy having guests. The breakfasts were much more than we expected (the apple dumplings were my favorite). Joanne is an excellent cook. Jim was right there to open the complimentary wine on the sunporch in the evening. Even though it was cold and snowy, we walked down to the Bay from the Inn. It was beautiful! I would definitely like to come back with my husband. I would love to see it in the summer! My sister from Baltimore wants to go back with her husband and three boys.
Highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: The Garden Cottage was perfect for four adults. The Pond Cottage is more romantic.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
James R, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
How magical! It must have been so lovely to see that beautiful snowfall when you first arrived, especially coming from Texas. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and we're delighted that you loved our meals. :) Thank you for sharing your kind words, and we hope to welcome all of you back again soon!

All the best,
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I enjoyed the best Valentine's Day weekend at the Inn @ Huntingfield Creek. We were immediately welcomed by the owners upon entering. The Inn is located in Rock Hall, MD and it is such a cute water community and lovely get-away (just a few hours from Baltimore and DC). My husband and I absolutely loved our room because not only was it decorated beautifully in "French Country," but the bed was seriously comfortable. The room was so neat and fresh that I gained some decorating tips just based on the fashion of our inviting room. The linens were of great quality and everything was just first rate. Waking up to the blueberry bread pudding pushed this B&B over the top. The entire B&B was well maintained, immaculately clean, inviting, and the vibe was relaxed and warm. Hands down...BEST B&B ever. This was my husband's first time at a B&B and plan to return this Spring for another visit. Btw...we had a wonderful view of the snow covered sprawling grounds and it was gorgeous. I should also add that I am incredibly picky and I have to say that our stay was 100% perfect.

Room Tip: Honestly I would say any of the rooms would be perfect. Everyone was so nice and sound was not an i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HCInnkeepers, Owner at Inn at Huntingfield Creek, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for the high praise and we love that you loved you stay...isn't that what Valentine's Day is all about? Can't wait until you visit again when the gardens are all in bloom!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rock Hall
#1 of 10 in Rock Hall
Mariners Motel
Mariners Motel
#1 of 2 in Rock Hall

Been to Inn at Huntingfield Creek? Share your experiences!