“Fishing in The Eastern Shore Md”

Wayne Gatling Guide Service
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Rock Hall
Gordonville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Fishing in The Eastern Shore Md”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I have been fishing with Captin Wayne for over 10 years in Rock Hall MD and I'm convinced that He is the hardest working Captin in that area. He knows the area like no other and always seems to be able to find fish even when the fishing is slow. His boat always seems to out fish everyone else. He always has the fish cleaned and in bags ready to take home by the time we get to the dock . We take our employees out fishing and we always charter His boat and he is always on time ,actually He is always early and chomping at the bit to get going when we get there! There is nothing like pulling into the dock at 5:30 am and you see your Captin jumping up and down ready to get going:) He seems as excited to catch fish as his clients. In todays world where good customer service seems to be a rare occurrence this is a breath of fresh air. This year one of the owners took His 6 year old son on his first fishing trip and the extra effort and patience the Captin and mate showed was awesome ! Spending a day on then water with Captin Wayne has always been a great day and I recommend Him to all My family and friends!

Visited September 2012

Bear, Delaware
“Fish On Every Trip!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

If you haven't fished with Wayne Gatling Guide Service you haven't experienced a real fishing trip! I have had the pleasure of fishing Rock Hall and the Florida Keys with Captain Wayne countless times over the past 15 years. Each and every trip I continue to be amazed by the amount of fish/number of species we catch. From hand lining for yellow tail, bottom/top fishing for rock or landing a huge tarpon the fishing can't be matched. Wayne makes sure each and every trip is a trip of a lifetime. If you want to experience a great trip with a true professional choose Wayne Gatling Guide Service.

Bloomingdale, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Fishing With Wayne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with Wayne for the first time the second week in May this year in the Florida Keys. I had heard many wonderful stories about him and his skills as a captain. This was my first tarpon fishing experience and it far surpassed my expectations. I wasn't sure what to expect because I didn't know if I could handle a fish that size, but Wayne put me at ease the moment we got anchored. I had 3 hook ups and brought 1 to the boat (about 75 lbs). It was a wonderful experience, A HELL OF A DAY AT SEA. We also fished for mangrove snappers with Wayne and caught our limit. I'm looking forward to fishing with him again next season in the Keys, and maybe going to Rock Hall, MD to fish with him there. Overall a great experience meeting and fishing with Wayne Gatling.

Visited May 2012
New Market, Maryland, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flordia Keys Fshing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We had a great time fishing with Wayne in Marathon Key this past week.
I took my family and one fishing buddy. Caught a TON of Tarpon and also had a great time fishing the “back country” Wayne was 100% on the fish even in bad conditions.
Also he knows all the best restaurants to get your fish cooked. The fishing was great! The time on the boat was 100% a BLAST…and the dinners every night of fresh snapper, trout etc…were off the hook!!

Frederick, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

FISHING:
i went fishing with wayne a few times and hunting a few times. every time our group goes we are all smiling ear to ear. we went to the keys and fished with him the past 4 days, the weather was not with us at all. the first day we did backcountry fishing and it was exciting. caught hogfish red snapper sea trout catfish grouper yellow snapper and a few other species. then on monday we went tarpon fishing in the morning. there was one other boat out and we let the baits back within 20 mins we had a 100+lbs fish out of the water jumping wayne quickly got us up on the fish and within a few mintues had the fish landed, that happend twice that morning. the next day we went out again in the morning and caught 6 more, 6 tarpon in one day is almost unheard of. there was 5 other boats out and we were giving them all a show wayne was the only guide who caught fish. his personality is second to none and we will be making this trip an annual trip for years to come.