“Our Food Was Awful”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Ate here a couple of years ago with a friend who rotated through the town's restaurants according to their daily specials. The quality at that time could best be described as "good diner food". This was not the case last night.

My wife and I selected a couple of seafood dishes: Planked Rockfish for my wife and Sauteed Scallops for me. The Rockfish was bland, hard, and chewy. The "green bean medley" tasted as though it came from a can with "oil" added at no extra charge! I initially sent the scallops back as they were barely warm. They returned shortly and were a little warmer. However, they were tough and greasy......tasted like the cook (clearly not a chef) broiled them in cheap cooking oil. My baked potato tasted like a "left over spud" from earlier in the day. My wife ate about 30% and I forced down about 60% before "giving it up". Since we had eaten at the bar, I let the bartender know that the whole meal was substandard.

In hindsight, I should have given up much earlier and traded in for a burger. We did pay the entire bill with 20 % tip........it wasn't the bartenders fault.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We first visited this restaurant in early September 2013, then again Sept 25. We were early and the day was mid-week. Our first visit, on a weekend, was five star!

This time we asked for the hot rolls and butter. The rolls were hot, but very rubbery - I think they were heated in a microwave and quite inedible.

My hubby had rockfish on a cedar plank which was delicious, but the green spinach was uncooked and unappealing. I had the angels on horseback - shrimp instead of oyster - and they were dry and over cooked.

The lemon cake was to die for! Light and creamy frosting, and light cake, with subtle hint of lemon.

Perhaps the third time will be the charm?

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We arrived at six on a Sunday night. While we were waiting for to be seated, we stood in the bar area. We watched a customer who was seated at the bar being served a turkey dinner that made us drool. We were just a little late for the early bird but our server went to the chef and he said we certainly could have that dinner. We had just gotten back from Ocean City and had had enough seafood, that turkey dinner was as good on our plates as it looked when it was served to the customer in the bar. We also had a cup of the crab soup and though I am a big fan of the Lemon Leaf in Chestertown. I must say that though their cream of crab soup is very good,The Swan's is better. The diner's behind us were so thrilled with the crab cake that they asked for the chef to come out. The servers were very nice and got the food out at just the right pace. They were good about taking the dirty plates away but not rushing us.
The turkey dinner was 10.95 and it came with a salad. They offer a different special every night. The cocktails are nicely made and of a good size. I think that this is a can't miss place.

1  Thank ZannVermont
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The rack of lamb was excellent, also the ccrab cake and rock fish. So was the soup
It is becoming the gourmet restaurant in Rock Hall

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I came to swan point inn on Thursday, September 12th after friends told us we had to check it out. Thank you guys for such a great recomendation! The Inn itself is quite lovely and charming. We loved seeing all the pictures of what we later learned were the owner's vacations. The pictures are proudly displayed on the walls and serve as a great conversation piece. We had fun trying to guess where the pictures were taken and the waitress was wonderful about getting us answers. The waitress and busser were very helpful and truly attentive to our needs! Thank you Megan and Jen
And the food......... The food was delicious and the serving sizes were perfect. My husband had the sauteed scallops that came with roasted red skin potatoes and a green bean medley. I had the chicken parmesan with a salad. Both were excellent and perfectly cooked! Thankfully megan told us to save room for dessert. Best carrot cake ever.
We don't come to Rock Hall often, but when we do come back, we will gladly return to swan point inn!!!!
You guys are lucky to have this gem in Rock Hall.