“Very Nice, Quaint motel, good value”
Review of Mariners Motel

Mariners Motel
Mariners Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rock Hall
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a very nice, well maintained basic motel. Good pricing.
A regular motel, Not a B&B and not an upscale hotel now.

Very clean, inside and out. Spacious bathroom with fantastic water pressure!
Bountiful ice in the ice machine.

Lady in the office (owner I think) was super, super helpful.

Others have noted about staff entering room w/o permission. I didn't have any occurrence of this.

Will definitely stay here on a return trip.

Room Tip: Low number rooms (1-8 I think) face the lawn and marina, best views. Higher number rooms face resid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Mariners Motel

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We've stayed at Mariner's twice now, and each time we were satisfied. The owners waited up for us to arrive on our first stay after we were stuck in traffic after work. They were exceptionally friendly. The rooms were clean and I liked that they all were on one level. The location is just across the road from the water and a great restaurant, and a few blocks walk to Rock Hall's Main Street. Don't expect a fancy inn or B&B--if you're looking for a "destination" lodging you will be disappointed. Mariners is basic, clean, well appointed with refrigerator and coffee maker, and operating a/c (important in Rock Hall in the summer), and they do it very well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I would never have found this motel if someone had not showed me where is was.

My only serious concern was that someone on the office staff came into my room without my permission.
I had gone into the office to book another night and found no one there so I left a note for them and then went out for a walk.
When I came back I saw that the office lady had actually stepped into my room looking for me and this was insensitive.
Stepping into a guests room without their say-so is not right. I had not checked out and my car was still there. This is a terrible invasion of my privacy and they should have just left a note on the door and not opened it.

Room Tip: Find some way to protect your privacy so the staff does not enter your room without your permission.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Selsi
AnnB21661, Owner at Mariners Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for your review. We will take your comments as an opportunity to review our
office coverage and procedures.
As for our location, being on Rock Hall Harbor, wouldn't change that for anything!
Hope to see you here again!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Ideally located, clean and comforts with refrigerator, coffee maker and friendly and helpful owner, this motel all on one floor with outside entrances is a compliment to the ease of lifestyle in this sailing village. We stayed in an almost dump the first evening here and the move here was so delightful. Stay here!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Normally on such a visit I'd stay on the boat but the boat was in dry dock. The motel was above all spotless and the grounds well kept. I, loved it. From my front door I walked over to the tented area where the crab fest began. At days end I fell deep sleep on a very comfortable bed and if the boat is out of water next year, Ill get another room.. I love the place.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank BobR2012
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mariners Motel for just 1 night this past July and were so pleased and will return again. The staff was friendly ,the grounds well maintained and the room was spotless.Took a dip in the pool and had a drink under the little pavillion while we waited fro a shower to pass . We walked to dinner across the street and watched the sunset .Took a run and bike ride around the area the next morning before heading to kayak south towards Eastern Neck. Quaint and convienent - perfect for a weekend get-a-way !

Room Tip: our room faced the lawn- very nice view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mads412
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We found this place after we intended to stay in Chestertown but couldn't find anything in-town and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. The owners were extremely pleasant and accommodating (we called at 8:30pm and they checked us in at 8:55), the room was impeccably clean and the bathroom was spotless. Rock Hall is a bit out of the way but if you want a quiet stay near the water this is the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 4 in Grasonville
The Inn at Osprey Point
The Inn at Osprey Point
#1 of 10 in Rock Hall

Been to Mariners Motel? Share your experiences!