“Great food, super service, very popular”

Waterman's Crab House
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Rock Hall
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great food, super service, very popular”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Despite my diet, I had some onion rings. My wife and I decided on a "collective" "surf and turf." So I ordered a prime rib and she scallops. It was a great combination. The steak was fabulous. She liked the scallops.

They had live entertainment too, a duet, one singer/guitarist and a percussionist. They were good for a small town area. (As a big city opera buff, I can be a little smug that way, so I'm probably not a reliable critic that way.)

I gave it four rather than five stars only because my preference is to some place a little smaller and more private. This wasn't bad that way, but it's big and pretty popular.

By the way, there is a gift shop if you'd like to get bay-related shirts and the like too.

So, if you want a night out with good food and a decent price but quiet and privacy isn't your priority, enjoy the place.

Visited August 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great view, Excellent band, horrible service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a blast dancing! The band was outstanding and have everyone on their feet. We hung at the bar and danced all night but our friends got a table and order food. It took almost 2 hrs for their food to arrive. Once it did the order were incorrect but at that point they ate whatever the waitress brought. We ordered from the bar and had a half an hour after our friends we were done eating and back dancing before our friends got their meals. The fries were yummy.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place for a great time -- with water views!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family and I enjoyed two meals at Waterman's -- dinner and lunch. Both visits were great. We sat on the deck during sunset one evening and enjoyed good food -- I had crabcakes, which were blessed with chunks of crabmeat and very little filler; my daughter chose the caesar salad with shrimp, and the shrimp were large and well-prepared; and my wife had a salmon wrap with good portions of salmon. When we stopped for lunch one day, we enjoyed the deck and water views again. My daughter and I ordered a steamer pot with crabs, mussels, clams and shrimp with just the right amount of butter and Old Bay. It was a great setting to hang out and enjoy the food and company. Several tables were tackling crabs that day.

Visited August 2014
Galloway, New Jersey
“Great atmosphere, ok food...”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a family dinner here, cant beat the locations and destination factor.
Live music, indoor/outdoor seating, marina seating...

Food is average, but the overall experience makes up for it.

Menu is quite large and will try something different next time (I had the seafod pasta which lacked flavor).

I would come again...

Long Neck, Delaware
“There's More than Crabs here!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My bride and I enjoyed delicious seafood quesadillas that were packed with scallops, shrimp, crab and several cheeses. They were a large portion and served with Old Bay fries. Everyone else seemed to be enjoying the AUCE crabs. We experienced great water views in a town that defines waterfront ambiance in a blue collar sort of way. The locals flock to this place so it has to be good.