“Great local spot, good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Harbor Shack
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Rock Hall
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, View, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Harbor Shack offers a diverse menu of Local seafood, steaks, burgers, sandwiches and Mexican fare. Whether it's ribs, Ribeye or Rockfish we serve it up delicious. We offer full lunch and dinner menu from 11:30 am til close. We provide priority seating reservations. Come dine with us on the Rock Hall Harbor by car or by boat. Air conditoned main dinning, open air waterfront and deck dinning.Casual and fun with seasonal live entertainment Great dock bar and good food. Check our website for hours of operation.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great local spot, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Yep, it's a big shack with a big front porch over looking the water. It's a very comfortable casual place with friendly service. The menu is a mix of casual bar fare and Mexican (quesadillas, etc) plus nicer dishes that include steak and seafood. We went for seafood. My husband raved about the crock of Maryland crab he ordered. We both like the cheesy spinach artichoke dip. I got an order of the shaken shrimp with a delicious buttery lime sauce and bread to dip in the sauce. I'll go back again for that. My husband got the yellow fin tuna which was seared perfectly and served with a side of traditional sesame seaweed salad. Delicious!

We also had margaritas and a beer, it's a decent beer list. I would go back for both drinks and dinner again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank KrisT613

Washington, DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Really nice fish in the fish sandwich, really nice 1/2 lb burger in the burger, but dry crumbly buns for both. Fries were OK, but cold. They seem to know how to cook. This could have been really good, but didn't quite get there, could have exceeded expectations. Still, location's great, service good, and it met my expectations.

Visited June 2014
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The view from the patio is wonderful. ..The food is good. The shrimp salad is superb. The amount of food for the orders are plenty ample and worth the money.

Chestertown, Maryland
“Beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

They have the BEST shrimp salad! I always get mine in a wrap. It comes with some of the best french fries, and their home made cole slaw is delicious.
I highly recommend it. It is so peaceful to sit there & watch the boats come in.
Service is always good & friendly.

Maryland
“Still love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This still is one of my favorite places. My wife and I have been going here for years now and still love the food, the local atmosphere, and the great service.

I do not exactly have a big complaint, but I do miss the martinis I used to get here. I am a martini fanatic and I like it made a certain way, and,this may sound petty, but don't give me a glass that is not filled. I feel like you slighted me.

When we first started going here, the waitress would need a steady hand to get my drink to me with out spilling because it was filled to the top. Those of us who are martini fans like it that way. Those days are gone from Harbor Shack. The waitress now could do a back flip and not spill a drop (Yea, I am exaggerating but you get the point). I hope the owner (I think his name is Jimmy) reads this and understands that the first thing you get is your drink. If it is good and properly sized, the evening (or lunch) starts out on a high note and with a smile.

If the drink was as it used to be, I would put another star on my review.

Jim