“What a gem”

and 1 more site!
The Inn at Osprey Point
Ranked #1 of 10 Rock Hall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The Sunday before Christmas we eat at the Inn. There were four of us and had the 6 course tasting menu. Matt the chef did an outstanding job with salad, scallops , duck, lamb, and a terrific desert of a gingerbread cake made with guineuss. I love lamb and it usually is what I order at any fine resturant. This was the best I have ever had with a molasses sauce. The duck was crispy and is offer as an appetizer on the regular menu. The scallops were perfectly cooked with a delicious sauce. I can't say enough about the dessert. The texture was incredible and all of us praised the taste and were still talking the next day about our experience.

Room Tip: We also stayed here two weeks earlier at the annex and it was also terrific.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have stayed at the Inn at Osprey Point 3 times, each time in a different room. Each room was beautifully decorated, had lovely views and was so comfortable! I also found myself thinking "if only every hotel I have stayed at were this clean and well cared for...." You can tell that everyone who works and cares for the Inn, Restaurant and grounds takes care of it like it is their own. There is so much to do right on the property (pool, kayaks, picnic areas, hammock, horse shoes, etc., etc., etc.) and the bikes are a great thing to explore the nearby Rock Hall, the beach and the harbor. We will back for more stays because it exceeds all of our expectations every time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
ospreypoint_10, Manager at The Inn at Osprey Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stays at Osprey Point. You are correct in that each of us that works here feels like it is our own. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stayed at the Annex, it was a perfect decision for us. Off-season quiet, peaceful and calm in a kush suite with a private balcony that is over the water. You could see the Bay Bridge from one window and Baltimore's Key Bridge from another! The breakfast was a great way to start the day. Rock Hall is a great Eastern Shore perch, it puts you in easy striking distance of Chestertown, Easton and St. Michaels.

Rock Hall has great eats as well. We didn't dine at the Osprey Point restaurant, although it was absolutely beautiful with amazing views of the marina. We ate at The Kitchen for a dinner and a lunch, it is highly recommended!

We will absolutely return to Osprey Point, the sooner the better!

Room Tip: The Annex is a property on the Gratitude Marina that is a bit down the road from the Inn. We were lo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Nov 3rd 2012 was my wedding day & Nov 1st I checked into the osprey point for a 4 night stay. After occupying the entire property for our family and friends, I had the opportunity to experience many of the wonderful things the Osprey Point has to offer. Whether it was dinner cooked to perfection, wine tasting, a bonfire at the farm house, walks along the pier or just a cozy night in a dreamy bed. The Osprey Point never failed to impress. Breakfast was also a highlight as the variety and selection of delectable choices made sure that there was something pleasing for everyone to enjoy. As if that wasn't appealing enough my wedding day exceeded my expectations! Throughout the entire year of planning, the event planner Casey was gem. She overcame any and all challenges that arose. Her kindness put this high stressed bride at ease. Our guests also sang her praise. The same was true the night of my wedding. The atmosphere that evening was honestly...perfection! Our photographer captured beautiful pictures at the farm house, the landscape surrounding the property and also along the pier with the water & marina as a back drop. Throughout our entire stay, the staff was amazing, making each of us feel like a priority. The inn keeper even asked us our preference for breakfast. Their laid back attitude makes everything that much more enjoyable. Each of our guest raved about their unique rooms, and the pleasant service they received during their stay. They could not wait for a return trip. I have to agree, I can not wait to make many more memories at the beautiful Osprey Point!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Our group of gals rented The Farmhouse and had a fantastic stay. The kitchen has everything needed to cook at the house if you didn't want to go out, and we did just that. We cooked breakfast our last morning, and cooked two dinners while staying there. Farmhouse sleeps 8 and then I think there is a sleeper on the sun porch that will sleep 2 as well. Gas stove in living room makes it quite cozy on winter nights. We even had space outside to play cornhole and enjoy the warm November weather. Breakfast at the Inn was nice as well, and the variety of choices left everyone with full bellies, ready for the day!

Room Tip: I can't say anything about the rooms at the main Inn, but the Farmhouse was a great place for a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was only supposed to be visiting Rock Hall for the day, checking out my brother's new boat at the marina here. But then Hurricane Sandy came to town, and it wasn't safe to drive back over the Bay Bridge. The chef stayed on site to provide lunch and dinner, which was served despite a power outage. Everything was delicious and having the lights out just made it more cozy.

Our beds were very comfortable, including the sleeper sofa, which was more comfortable than I ever would have imagined. In the morning, the power was back and you never would have known from the breakfast spread that we had all just weathered one of the biggest storms of the decade.

Since we were stuck inside most of the time, I didn't get to explore the grounds or the other buildings. So with or without a boat, I will definitely be back to Osprey Point!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a room that can hold more three or four people, there is one room with bot...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Each year, my partner and I join a large family & friends reunion over Thanksgiving at a farm in Rock Hall. We've stayed in at least 3 local hostelries over more than a decade, and Osprey Point is by far the best. The rooms and beds in the Main Inn are well-appointed and comfortable, with good light, superb bathrooms and country views even on the back facing away from the water. The Annex is good for several couples or a family party. Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge is half an hour away, and there are several decent restaurants in the area as well as the Inn's own restaurant and bar. I've not eaten there in several years, but suspect the restaurant has improved as the overall management of the Inn seems even better than when it opened. We're returning this Thanksgiving.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1840s Carrollton Inn
1840s Carrollton Inn
#3 of 11 in Baltimore
Rachael's Dowry Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Osprey Point? Share your experiences!