“Stayed for Crab Fest” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moonlight Bay Marina and Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rock Hall
Moonlight Bay Marina and Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Rock Hall B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Stayed for Crab Fest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My boyfriend and I along with another couple stayed in rooms 8 & 9 in the west wing last weekend. Our room was PINK and filled with Angels and cherubs. Not the décor I would have chosen but it was kitschy so we embraced it. The room was very clean. That is a fact that would make or break my trip. The Inn seemed well maintained except for the dead bugs and spider webs at the entrance of the west wing. Not a huge deal but it literally would have taken a minute to clean. The girl handling the breakfast alone was very sweet and pleasant but definitely could have used a hand. The breakfast was all carbs. A store bought muffin heated up and waffles. No choice and not homemade. I would have liked a choice. I typically do not eat sweets in the morning. The view from our room was beautiful and we enjoyed sitting outside at night after our crab fest. We go to Rock Hall every year and I would consider staying here again. It's not luxury but it's not bad. They also leave a goodie back on your bed. I love free swag and thought that was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Book the west wing. Water view is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Havre de Grace, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I decided to stay in Rock Hall overnight on the spur of the moment, and luckily Moonlight Bay had a room available last minute for us. We checked in late, and the owner was welcoming and friendly, even at the late hour. We stayed in #5 Blue Moon, the room was clean and comfortable, and had a beautiful view. The grounds were nice, although one of the docks has fallen into disrepair, most likely from the harsh winter we just experienced. The breakfast was delicious, and more than we could possibly eat. While I would not say Belgian Waffles were gourmet, everything was perfectly prepared and very satisfying. All in all, it was a very nice stay. The Inn needs a bit of updating, but is a lovely, comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: Room #5 had a comfy king size bed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the inn for a weekend and overall we had no complaints. We had a warm greeting from the female innkeeper. The male (I believe the owner's son) was a bit lazy and appeared to be not so much of a people person. The female, however, jumped at any request/question we had. She was very sweet and awesome.

The only 2 things that were a disappointment for me was:
Our bed and room wasn't made or tidied the entire time of our stay. Also, there was no option for breakfast and no alternatives besides pork sausage. I am not a pork eater and I think it would benefit the inn if they offered turkey or vegetarian sausage as an alternative.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank KayeThornton
Crumpton, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

What can I say about Moonlight Bay? Its fantastic! Fantastic get away for a couple looking for cozy romance. We stayed in the west wing and had some of the most amazing views of the Chesapeake Bay, and the Bay Bridge. The sunsets were mesmerizing, honestly if it hadnt been cold i would have stayed on the balcony all day! Fresh cooked breakfast in the morning was delicious. During our stay one morning eggs benedict was served and another morning was their fantastic stuffed french toast (not kidding its to die for) The atmosphere is so peaceful i wish we were there for more then the weekend! Definitely plan to return again :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room #8 Moon Glow it has the most fantastic views of the Bay and the dock area, you are...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

The inn has a perfect location directly on the water, and the views from most of the rooms are wonderful. The buildings and grounds are well-maintainted and the furnishings in the rooms are very nice. The only negative is the nearly hostile attitude of the owner (apparenty, from the other reviews, the son of the original owner). As far as we could tell, he devotes no time to the operation of the inn and spends day watching television in the owner's quarters, which is on the first floor of the main house. He is flat out rude to guests and treats them as if they are intruding. If the inn eventually sells, we'd return, but not before.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MD3002
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a wonderful B&B. Breakfasts are delicious and prepared tby the chef/owner. Tea is in the afternoon and is so relaxing to just sit and have tea and cake. It is very clean and comfortable. It was so sad to see the original owners passing, but their son has done an excellent job in keeping up his parents dream. Must visit. The view is amazing, especially at sunset! I don't know how anyone could give Moonlight Bay any thing less than excellent rating. Go see for youself and really enjoy the Rock Hall area.

Room Tip: We like the rooms facing the bay, but any room is nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here just one night in early Sept. We were first checked in by Heather, who was warm, friendly and very accomodating. The accomodations were spacious and very clean, however, there were quite a few dolls in odd places from the moment we walked into the building/house containing the rooms and the wallpaper seemed a bit sinister (to me) w staring ladies from another time decked out in their finery.
The view from our room on the second floor was outstanding - we felt like we were literally on the ocean. However, we picked an awful night to visit: we drove into a storm and arrived to temperatures just under 60 degrees (yes, in Sept!). We spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to turn the AC down a bit and even off and finally realized we couldn't around midnight, so we went off to the "office" building. The owner emerged after a few minutes and was very unhappy to see us asking for help turning off the AC. Of course, he took care of it and acknowledged that we couldn't do it ourselves and became gracious after a while, but it was a bit late for that. I'd already noticed his displeasure with us and I was already a bit uncomfortable. Also, I'd specifically requested a late depature TWICE before arriving and still had to deal with the owner again in daylight, who insisted that he would have known if such a request had been made. We immediately packed and left several hours earlier than planned in order to avoid being made any more uncomfortable. Overall, not worth the $200 we shelled out to stay overnight. Pick someplace else - where the owner realizes that you are the paying client and treats you as such.

Room Tip: I don't recommend staying here because I wasn't treated like a paying customer by the owner...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 9 in Rock Hall
Mariners Motel
Mariners Motel
#2 of 3 in Rock Hall

Been to Moonlight Bay Marina and Inn? Share your experiences!