Book now, pay at stay
US$214
Hotels.com
Mariners Motel(Rock Hall)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$115
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Haven Point Inn(Rock Hall)
All reviewscorn muffinsbalconybaycreekdocksgroundswaterboat
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

When we pulled in the driveway we almost turned around and left. The exterior is old and looks worn not maintained. The grounds are not manicured and the grass had not been cut in weeks. Nothing on the exterior was inviting

We entered and we're barely greeted by the owner who took our balance if money owed. Never saw him again. A nice young lady took us to our room and was friendly.

The room is old and dated. As in some of the prior reviews very disappointing and not real clean. There was black mold on all of the hvac vents. The sliding door window blinds were broken and missing so it limited the privacy.

We met some locals and when we told them where we were staying they readily showed their poor opinion of the place and recommended 6 others of better quality.

The place needs new energy and a major facelift. The location is wonderful. Next time we will do more homework. Will never return to this location.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
RobS_Inkeeper, Owner at Moonlight Bay Marina and Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Our lawn is cut every week and we do not have any mold. I feel this review was based on something other then Moonlight Bay. We have many happy customers who have been coming here for many years and I feel very hurt by this inaccurate review. I invite anyone to stop by at anytime and see for themselves....

Reviewed 4 August 2016

This is a late review, but fiance and I stayed here for a getaway as part of a business trip he had in Baltimore. The Inn is beautiful and our hosts were so kind and friendly. Absolutely loved being on the water, breakfast was delicious. What we thought was a very nice touch was the "goodie bag" they gave us with various things that had their name on it. It really is the small things like that which sets this place apart from other places we have stayed. Highly recommend staying here and we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2016

We just got home from spending a wonderful weekend in Rockhall and this B&B was the icing on the cake. It is very clean, comfortable, and convenient. You won't find a better location right on the water where there are many places to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. The house, rooms, and grounds are lovingly cared for and Robert makes you feel right at home. And boy can he fix a delicious omlet for breakfast along with all the extras like fruit, muffins, juice and coffee. They even serve a tea in the afternoon.
we stayed in the room a previous person complained about years ago. True it may have been the smallest room but it was quite adequate and met all our needs.It was very clean and tastefully decorated and we had no complaints. I know if there had been any problems Robert would have addressed them immediately as he wants to make his guests as comfortable as possible. He is carrying on his mother's traditions and she would be proud.
We would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Let me tell you the sunsets over the water are spectacular.

Room Tip: The rooms in the wing have a balcony overlooking the Chesapeake
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2015

We stayed in Room 8 (water front) which the owner said was the best room they have. Upon arrival, we received a friendly greeting and a tour of our building from Robert, the owner. The living room was nicely cooled with a large TV (no TV's in the rooms), magazines, chess and checkers. We were on the second floor. Our room was small but had everything we needed. There was a welcome carafe of red wine (enough for 4 small glasses) in the room as well as a welcome bag of odds and ends. The room was clean with central air conditioning. Without a doubt, the best feature of the room was the balcony where the views of the water were amazing as this room is on the corner of the building. The cool, consistent breeze was wonderful. Day 1 breakfast was good but the fruit was under ripe and the cheese omelet could have had more flavor but the banana nut muffin was nicely warmed. Day 2 breakfast was very good with nicely ripened honeydew, blueberry muffin and waffle. The citrus butter was a nice touch on the table. To make this a better B&B, more attention to the grounds would help and decluttering the breezeway where there is an available refrigerator would go a long way. Overall, it's a bit pricey for the accommodations compared to other places we've stayed...the view was the saving grace. For a bite to eat, go to Harbor Shack. It's a locals place with nice views, a DJ and comfortable seating.

Room Tip: Try to get room 8 which is not in the main building and has fabulous water views.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sanmuffen
Reviewed 19 June 2015

I must admit I was disappointed by our stay here. We have stayed at many B&Bs and when the cost is $200 or more per night I expect an excellent experience. I was disappointed in Moonlight Bay.

The landscaping needs attention. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon. I can't point out anything really "wrong" but it was not the type of welcome we are used to at a B&B. We were shown to our room and given the basics, time for breakfast and that was about it.

The B&B was advertised as having a fireplace which looked very nice in the pictures on the website and in the common room when we saw it. It was very pleasant our first night that we had the whole house to ourselves. However, even though it was early June it got rather chilly in the evening. After dinner we were looking forward to relaxing in front of the fireplace only to find that it did not work. So instead I wrapped up in the bed blankets and spent the evening reading in my room since there is only a tv in the common room where the fireplace is located. It was just too damp and cool to sit there.

The next morning when my husband showered he found a major problem with the water in the shower. He could not regulate it and was very nearly scalded when it got very hot and he had to reach under it to try to turn it down. He found he could only turn it to cold or turn it off. OK if you want to bathe and use the jetted tub but actually dangerous for a shower.

Friday night we returned to the Inn at about 10:00. We were told there were other people coming in for the night so we were quiet as possible as we went to our room. I only wish I could say the same for the couple in the room beside us who returned to their room about 12:30 AM. Actually jolting us out of a sound sleep when they slammed the door to their room. That was only the beginning of their nocturnal adventures. People need to remember that the walls in a B&B are not like the walls in many hotels.. Enough said, and granted this was not the Innkeepers fault, but it definitely colored our opinion of the Inn.

I can only describe the breakfasts as "adequate". Again not what we are used to when travelling and staying in higher priced Bed and Breakfasts. The Innkeepers need some lessons in cooking as well as hospitality.

I am not usually harsh in my reviews but for the price I was very disappointed in this Inn and would not stay here again. We have stayed in B&B's throughout the US and Canada and this was one of our worst experiences. So just a word of warning to anyone considering this B&B. There are about four or five other B&B's in Rock Hall. Choose carefully.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple